Lee Mcculloch

killie1961

Lee Mcculloch ,

was the easy option to be named manager the standard of the Scottish Premier  is the worst i have seen since supporting kilmarnock in over 45 years the kilmarnock directors dont have a clue or a vision for the club the club is in decline and have been for many years we have flirted with relegation for years maybe our luck is finally going to run out

All the waffling when asked if he wanted the job at the tail end of the season struck me as a sign of someone who wasn't confident in his own abilities (or was waiting for something else to develop). Always hoped the club would make the decision for him and hire someone else, but they seemed to be as indecisive as him.

There seems to be a lack of basic fitness, basic organisation, player camaraderie or any kind of cohesive plan.

I think we made a huge mistake in hiring him, but I still hope people are able to bring this up at the end of the season and show me how wrong I was.

10 minutes ago, RayD said:

All the waffling when asked if he wanted the job at the tail end of the season struck me as a sign of someone who wasn't confident in his own abilities (or was waiting for something else to develop). Always hoped the club would make the decision for him and hire someone else, but they seemed to be as indecisive as him.

There seems to be a lack of basic fitness, basic organisation, player camaraderie or any kind of cohesive plan.

I think we made a huge mistake in hiring him, but I still hope people are able to bring this up at the end of the season and show me how wrong I was.

I doubt that fitness is a problem, no matter how incompetent he may be McCulloch should have got them fit. It is always trotted out as a fault when a team aren't playing well. If we don't retain possession we have to run about more to get the ball back and consequently tire quicker. 

It's simple... we should have appointed a Manager NOT a Learner  Manager. 

But sentiment (mostly on here), and a limp, rudderless boardroom saw him eventually accept a job he patently can't do. The worst part of it is there's no evidence Kilmarnock Football Club actually sought other applicants. 

That IS the scandal... and we'll let it drag on and on, hoping for a magic turnaround, until it's beyond fixing.

1 hour ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

The worst part of it is there's no evidence Kilmarnock Football Club actually sought other applicants. 

That IS the scandal... and we'll let it drag on and on, hoping for a magic turnaround, until it's beyond fixing.

How would you suggest the club went about seeking applicants?

13 hours ago, fraz65 said:

When the manager doesn't even have enough authority to stop his most senior player from singing the praises of a rival club all over the media, it's a worrying sign.

If the club had an identity of its own, it wouldn't happen. To too many we're just a job. Looking at the way the Motherwell players have bought into fan ownership, should be our blueprint. Unfortunately a push for a seat on the board just isnt as sexy. 

21 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Lee Mcculloch ,

was the easy option to be named manager the standard of the Scottish Premier  is the worst i have seen since supporting kilmarnock in over 45 years the kilmarnock directors dont have a clue or a vision for the club the club is in decline and have been for many years we have flirted with relegation for years maybe our luck is finally going to run out

Yes -------- but hopefully not