A Disgrace. . .

MarkD1989KTID

I cant help but think that a lot of the anger I'm seeing tonight is self-inflicted. 

The reality of what we are facing right now was actually very predictable if you consider that the current manager has next to no experience and was part of an abysmal previous management team.

I reckon a lot of the anger is from delusional fans in denial, and I fully expect to get flak from those who are still stuck there!

9 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

I cant help but think that a lot of the anger I'm seeing tonight is self-inflicted. 

The reality of what we are facing right now was actually very predictable if you consider that the current manager has next to no experience and was part of an abysmal previous management team.

I reckon a lot of the anger is from delusional fans in denial, and I fully expect to get flak from those who are still stuck there!

So we should just accept our fate then? It looked like we had the making of a decent squad before the season started, power looked like a good signing on paper, a few half decent youth players also brought in and we looked to be on the right path, 1 point from a possible 15 is the reason the majority of the support is angry, nothing else, it's simply not good enough and I can completly understand why people are being wound up by the half arsed performances. 

Let me ask you this Daryll...what was it about the recruited players that made you think we had the makings of a decent squad?

It's too easy to sell fans down the river and Killie have been doing it for years.

The reality is that, over time, many fans become wise or jaded and just give up.

Championship beckons and, I hate saying this, but maybe that's what's needed!

6 hours ago, Darryl1869 said:

.....power looked like a good signing on paper.....

Power was a 29 year-old who had a promising senior career ten years ago but pissed it away and has been trawling ever since around the Conference/ National League, including his last club where he was an irregular starter albeit in a team which ran away with the title. 

How anyone thought he was going to come in and run the midfield in the Premiership, I have no idea. 

It either had to be an inspired signing (and still might be) or the result of a random, drunken pick from free agents. 

What he wasn't was a signing which looked good on paper. 

I would disagree. If I remember correctly Power's signing was met with enthusiasm by the fans. Everyone is wise after the event but at the time no one was questioning it. 

However, after the Ayr game it was a different matter as he was so far off the pace it was embarrassing. I expect they will try to ship him out in January at a cost but if they can't then we will be stuck with him. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I would disagree. If I remember correctly Power's signing was met with enthusiasm by the fans. Everyone is wise after the event but at the time no one was questioning it. 

You're right, but it was based on happy optimism and trust in the manager's judgement. 

It certainly wasn't based on any first-hand knowledge of the player in most cases. 

The facts didn't paint him as being an obvious target. 

9 minutes ago, aumgn said:

Relegation is not the answer and wish people would wrap that absolutely howling patter.

Let's just concentrate on the remaining 33 games and potential 99 available points.

Spot on. Folk actually thinking relegation would be in any war positive are living in another planet. 

Yesterday was horrendous though. 

Actually I`m a Kilmarnock supporter and will support them regardless of which division they are in. The top division is top-heavy with East coast teams and the Championship has more away games that I would go to. We have to do more than survive in the top division because we haven't contributed anything for four years.

37 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Actually I`m a Kilmarnock supporter and will support them regardless of which division they are in. The top division is top-heavy with East coast teams and the Championship has more away games that I would go to. We have to do more than survive in the top division because we haven't contributed anything for four years.

Top heavy with east coast sides? Where do you think the east coast ends? Celtic, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Partick and Rangers would all seem to be West coast to me. That looks like half the league to me. 

Relegation would be a disaster for the club and it would take many, many years for us to come back from it...if we ever do.

It's a disaster that we need to prepare for as a fan base though. We have scraped by pretty much every single year in the last decade with only one top six finish and a few 9th place finishes in between. Even if it isn't this year (it looks incredibly likely it will be, but then that's nothing new) it will come. It's when not if now.

18 hours ago, Mister Y said:

Let me ask you this Daryll...what was it about the recruited players that made you think we had the makings of a decent squad?

It's too easy to sell fans down the river and Killie have been doing it for years.

The reality is that, over time, many fans become wise or jaded and just give up.

No it's not -- are you daft ------- what we need is a miracle , our club is in decline , all the arseholes on here who said if MJ left they would be either buying season tickets or investing money have been proven to be what I call them -------we are in a bad way and I have no idea how we get out of this ----- mculloch is no use for a start but then who is ------we don't have a killie man anywhere near the core ------- maybe Dundee or Patrick might help us 

1 minute ago, DrewWylie said:

No it's not -- are you daft ------- what we need is a miracle , our club is in decline , all the arseholes on here who said if MJ left they would be either buying season tickets or investing money have been proven to be what I call them -------we are in a bad way and I have no idea how we get out of this ----- mculloch is no use for a start but then who is ------we don't have a killie man anywhere near the core ------- maybe Dundee or Patrick might help us 

Our club is in decline because arseholes weren't willing to make a stand and say enough is enough. They were too happy to get a couple of hours away from their missus and a couple of pints. Probably not allowed to speak in the house either, so after a couple of Stella's, we get to read their crap on here. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Our club is in decline because arseholes weren't willing to make a stand and say enough is enough. They were too happy to get a couple of hours away from their missus and a couple of pints. Probably not allowed to speak in the house either, so after a couple of Stella's, we get to read their crap on here. 

Maybe that's the extent of there commitment to Killie and to berate these fans who IMO make up the majority of supporters is     Incorrect . We can't all be " ultras" whose every waking moment is all about KFC if that's the criteria then Mr Sawyers is CEO of the KFSA. A comparison as silly as yours 

'What would you have these supporters do that would in any way be effective ?  Baring in mind that they've already made there feelings known by there inactivity. They show there commitment by going week in week out probably only to home games and for a myriad of reasons can't/won't do more , how do you change that ? IMO you can't but what you mustn't do is berate them 

In all walks of life there are doers and followers , if the doers  get it right the followers will follow 

I get that you're angry with our club at the moment as are the vast majority of fans but pissing off the silent majority is wrong 

13 hours ago, Zorro said:

Top heavy with east coast sides? Where do you think the east coast ends? Celtic, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Partick and Rangers would all seem to be West coast to me. That looks like half the league to me. 

Ok, I'll give you that, maybe it's just a personal thing. Celtic and Sevco I'm not interested in going to, used to go to Aberdeen,Dundee and Hearts but our poor form has put me off in recent years plus the cost keeps rising without any improvement in standard. Have never been to Dingwall to watch Killie and haven't been to Perth for a few years.

If we were in the Championship as it stands, I would go to all away games except Tannadice, Inverness, and Brechin. Not that I want us to be relegated, but the repetitive nature of Scottish football fixtures is only tolerable if your side is playing reasonably well, and we are not.

On 10 September 2017 at 2:26 AM, Mister Y said:

Championship beckons without a doubt...but will it stop there? At least we will have had 25 years in the top flight with several ventures into Europe and two major trophies in that time; an excellent return for the fans. If our time's up our time's up. 

20 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Championship beckons without a doubt...but will it stop there? At least we will have had 25 years in the top flight with several ventures into Europe and two major trophies in that time; an excellent return for the fans. If our time's up our time's up. 

If our time's up?

You never cease to resist and that's all we want to see from the team ........ some resistance!!

I don't agree with those who saying relegation could be a good thing since you have to work like hell to get back to where we are now. Or at least where we were before we wasted yet another summer! No guarantees we'd get back any time soon.

I understand the anger, frustration and strong views but I also  think some of the name calling should stop too because there aren't enough of us to be p**sing each other off like that.