Sign in to follow this  
Joe

High Hopes FADING

Joe    11

My biggest disappointment so far this season is obviously the lack of points.

I'm constantly tryng to find a positive. I guess the only one I have is we have played arguably TOP SIX CONTENDERS. ( OK THEM aside in the Cup and Hamilton).

Prior to a ball being kicked we had a number of lads playing in a prestigious tournament in Toulon, they were all fantastic so we do have footballers if there is footballers around them. Again four being picked for under 21's. I was genuinely thinking with experience around them these lads could have flourished into class players, possibly a good transfer for some or all of them.

IM FEARING THESE LADS MAY BE LOST TO THE LOWER LEAGUES OR SCRAPHEAP.

Why do we keep playing long ball?

Why do Thomas & Jones think they are Jimmy Johnstone OR  Davie Cooper why not play simple football?

Taylor is starting to hoof the ball which he never did or does with Scotland?

Big Wilson is so dedicated IMO a great servant who has played out of position.?

Frizz always shows for ball when he came on and ball was on the deck the team looked as if they could actually do something?

Yes they all do and will make mistakes, but I genuinelly thought the Likes of Burke, Broadfoot, Boyd, Greer, would have assisted with youth.

As for Erwin, Brophy on yesterdays showing not sure.

Smith IMO put in a shift and broke play up a bit.

No doubt I will get slaughtered but I have watched so much pro youth over the years. They are always encouraged to pass and KEEP THE BALL.

So what goes wrong??  Wish I knew.

As for McCulloch he looked at his wits end he certainly does nor tell them to go out and punt the BAW.

Like everyone on here its my honest opinion.

• Like 4

ki11ie    36

McCulloch has to go now!! I've defended him and says he needs time etc, but after 6/7 games there is nothing to say we are going to improve, no one f**k given between the team, and that stems from the management staff not giving to f**k, the club needs a whole re shape starting from the top. Get ride of all backroom staff that were brought in by Locke, Aj, Clarke and now this imposter. Get a new EXPERIENCED managed, ie Jim Duffy or someone similar, let them bring in there own staff. Its a joke now the club is a joke 

• Like 1

Joe    11
6 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

McCulloch has to go now!! I've defended him and says he needs time etc, but after 6/7 games there is nothing to say we are going to improve, no one f**k given between the team, and that stems from the management staff not giving to f**k, the club needs a whole re shape starting from the top. Get ride of all backroom staff that were brought in by Locke, Aj, Clarke and now this imposter. Get a new EXPERIENCED managed, ie Jim Duffy or someone similar, let them bring in there own staff. Its a joke now the club is a joke 

Good constructive feedback, not going to happen ki11ie

Gaffer    36

Like all of us I'm bitterly disappointed at our performances and results this season, believed that Jig would be a decent manager, that was why I started the Give it Jig thread. Unlike most I wasn't impressed by the calibre of experienced players he brought in over the summer. As stated elsewhere it really stank of I will give my mates a last easy payday from the game. Easy club to travel to every day, Easy training sessions with times to suit the players. Easy attitude to piss poor performances.Clowns on the telly playing the piano while looking like the back end of a bus. Professional supposed football players who 2 months into the season are so unfit it's blatantly obvious. Last time we seen this wasn't that long ago under Locke, who was the assistant manager then ? Lee get them fit get them fighting for every ball, most of them will still be pish but we will support you and them if we see effort. This is the minimum supporters should expect of there Manager and players, I don't want Jig to go I want him to be a success and rebuild our Club we can recover but the Easy attitude needs to change now today.

Edited by Gaffer
Missed some words
  • Like 3

Joe    11
9 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Like all of us I'm bitterly disappointed at our performances and results this season, believed that Jig would be a decent manager, that was why I started the Give it Jig thread. Unlike most I wasn't impressed by the calibre of experienced players he brought in over the summer. As stated elsewhere it really stank of I will give my mates a last easy payday from the game. Easy club to travel to every day, Easy training sessions with times to suit the players. Easy attitude to piss poor performances.Clowns on the telly playing the piano while looking like the back end of a bus. Professional supposed football players who 2 months into the season are so unfit it's blatantly obvious. Last time we seen this wasn't that long ago under Locke, who was the assistant manager then ? Lee get them fit get them fighting for every ball, most of them will still be pish but we will support you and them if we see effort. This is the minimum supporters should expect of there Manager and players, I don't want Jig to go I want him to be a success and rebuild our Club we can recover but the Easy attitude needs to change now today.

Well said, difficult I know but come on players, read this!!

ki11ie    36
16 minutes ago, Joe said:

Good constructive feedback, not going to happen ki11ie

Sick fed up wasting money and every Saturday afternoon for the last 6/7years, relegation is going to happen. Maybe be good for us, hasn't done St Mirren or Hibs any harm. Just fed up with the club.

• Red Card 2

Joe    11
21 hours ago, ki11ie said:

Sick fed up wasting money and every Saturday afternoon for the last 6/7years, relegation is going to happen. Maybe be good for us, hasn't done St Mirren or Hibs any harm. Just fed up with the club.

Agree, but its early days, if fans can try and be positive it may feed to players.

Again aberdeen next week feck. But then hopefully lower teams. Anyway ive fxxxxxg painting to do LOL.

Edited by Joe
Missed word

51 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Yes

.... another Duffy advocate 

Scouser2    169

Most fans for months , journalists who watch even one game  , scouts, opposing Managers who set up teams correctly   ,  .....can see the blatant weakness in our midfield areas and how to expose it time and time again 

LM has failed to improve it with his summer signings  .and his constant tinkering with the formation and personnel ...then the Manager failed again to react and even bring in a short term loan quality midfield player till January to assist 

Edited by Scouser2
  • Back of the Net! 1

Joe    11
36 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Most fans for months , journalists who watch even one game  , scouts, opposing Managers who set up teams correctly   ,  .....can see the blatant weakness in our midfield areas and how to expose it time and time again 

LM has failed to improve it with his summer signings  .and his constant tinkering with the formation and personnel ...then the Manager failed again to react and even bring in a short term loan quality midfield player till January to assist 

Just the midfield, honestly I could pick a fault in every area of the park. Please read my thread and agree or disagree.

Forget the punt and get the baw on the deck.

Surely we can agree on that, then lets see what midfield are capable off. 

i do agree we are sadly missing someone to control midfield.

Dan1el    58

Where to begin, typical high hopes pre season and on paper thought the signings would add to a youthful team.

The team now has no ideas,no style of play and that comes down to the manager - we are killie and I dont expect to win every game but we are now at the stage i presume we are going to lose.

Yesterday at Motherwell I wasnt even raging after the game, it was as I expected which is the most worrying sign. We have had some of the most s**t poor pathetic excuses for games since Shiels left.

Killie1970    88

It's become the norm now...defeat. I was/am willing to give LM the benefit of doubt but it is one inept performance after another. It can't go on. The fans can't show enthusiasm watching that rubbish. LM has signed a lot of players but there are too many of them who are either not good enough, fit enough or just finished! It is glaringly obvious that our midfield is weak but he will not address the situation. Why? The pals act with the players has to end. I don't imagine that Watty Smith was best pals with his players and his players knew NOT to cross the line. Quite ironic that our very own Liberace crossed the line and was subsequently transfer listed. I hope that this has been as traumatic for our manager as it has for the fans and that he does everything he can, and must do, to change things. The Jolly ends now! We're not a retirement home or a play thing for people who are treading water till they quit the game. We are a football club who have suffered enough and want a team to be proud of. LM and his team must stand strong and not bury their heads. Rant over :hurrah:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

PrestersKtid    166

Not all the signings have been crap.

Greer, Thomas have been good on whole and Erwin i think will come good, Findlay will be solid aswell. Not seen enough of Brophy to judge. 

Burke looked like he'd be a great signing in the first few games but the step up in opposition he's struggled against. O'donnell was given high praise from partick fans but looks a poor acquisition unfortunately.

Broadfoot has been a horrendous signing. Power looks unfit but i think if he can get in shape he'll be ok. 

A lot of individual errors have cost us this season.

We'd have a draw/win against St johnstone if it weren't for a couple of lapses in concentration. Hearts and Hamilton the same. We more than matched those teams and should be sitting with 5 points right now.  We can blame mcculloch for Motherwell, Ayr and maybe celtic game. But Broadfoot and smith sold the shirts in the other games.

• Red Card 1
  • Sad 1
  • Back of the Net! 1

aldo    159

my hopes faded the moment broadfoot walked through the door, thought mcculloch might have a chance of success, but when his rangers buddies and spencer jnr arrived, my heart sunk with every signing. broadfoot is the icing on the cake, a terrible footballer over his entire career, yet mcculloch thinks he can do the business for us

• Back of the Net! 2

carpetfitter    172
4 hours ago, aldo said:

my hopes faded the moment broadfoot walked through the door, thought mcculloch might have a chance of success, but when his rangers buddies and spencer jnr arrived, my heart sunk with every signing. broadfoot is the icing on the cake, a terrible footballer over his entire career, yet mcculloch thinks he can do the business for us

Correctomundo

Edited by carpetfitter

pmonty3    61

I can't get my head round anyone thinking Power will come good when he's 'fit'.

its the middle of September. He's had a pre season and 7 weeks of a season to get 'fit'. The very fact that he can't get into that team says everything we need to know. A dud. 

• Back of the Net! 3

fraz65    242
43 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

I can't get my head round anyone thinking Power will come good when he's 'fit'.

its the middle of September. He's had a pre season and 7 weeks of a season to get 'fit'. The very fact that he can't get into that team says everything we need to know. A dud. 

That was McCulloch's first effort at trying to justify Power's signing.

Around a month later he claimed that he was signed more to help the youngsters than to play.

If he's not fit enough at the age of 29, with a full pre-season and without any recent serious injuries, then he never will be.

Bigbill    44
12 hours ago, fraz65 said:

That was McCulloch's first effort at trying to justify Power's signing.

Around a month later he claimed that he was signed more to help the youngsters than to play.

If he's not fit enough at the age of 29, with a full pre-season and without any recent serious injuries, then he never will be.

Maybe not getting the push in training that he needs. Just a suggestion.

gdevoy    238

They know how to do things in Ukraine

https://www.rt.com/sport/403018-football-ukraine-remove-shirts/

A humiliating defeat of the Ukrainian Karpaty Lviv soccer team has forced its fans to disown them in a very prominent way – by stripping them of their team jerseys while chanting “We are Karpaty, you are sh*t.”

The incident took place after a match within the Ukrainian Premier League, a prestigious annual football championship. Karpaty Lviv team, based in the Ukrainian city of Lvov, faced Veres Rivne on Sunday.

The result was an ignominious defeat for Karpaty, with a 1-6 scoresheet. The Karpaty ultras apparently couldn’t stand the humiliation, which media described as the worst in their team's history.

A video on social media shows a shouting match between the players and their angry fans by the side of the pitch.