Identity

BigRonFaeTheQueenVic

An indoor ground would have been interesting, especially in Scotland but I doubt we would have been allowed to play in it (can't see the dinosaurs at the SFA letting us)

In regards the plastic pitch, its not the pitch that's the problem its the players on it, plenty of teams have come and passed us to death.

The atmosphere at the ground is terrible but that in large has been watching a terrible team for probably 5yrs and the off-field problems.

I genuinely believe we are heading slowly in the right direction off the park, on the park I'm not so sure and to create a good atmosphere we need to start winning the odd game at home!

I was born a stone throw away from Rugby Park and have worshipped there for nigh on 60 years. I LOVE THE PLACE.

But I would jump at the chance of moving in to the Halo Project, nor for us old sweetie rustlers but for the young Killie fans coming through.  It's now time to build bridges with MM and move forward. KTID.

4 hours ago, Ycfc1922 said:

Yes. If Gary can coach the squad and instill a modicum of passion then results should improve and with it mccullochs reputation as a boss. Everyone's a winner

With LM being a novice coach I'm not sure his at the moment fragile confidence and limited experience would be too pleased to allow a likely candidate for his job to be working alongside him .

Fair enough an old hand like Walter Smith , Alex Ferguson type who would have no interest in usurping you.

2 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Moving to the Halo would've been the way forward.  Put a convenient in place so we don't end up homeless.  Would've been a unique selling point hedging Scotland's only indoor ground.  But that ships sailed. 

If it was built like the Sapporo Dome, you could've put the pitch on a glorified air hockey table and wheeched it out. The pitch would live in a carpark, and the indoor floor could be used for concerts, boxing, car shows, etc.

But, as you say. That ship has sailed.

23 minutes ago, CB said:

If it was built like the Sapporo Dome, you could've put the pitch on a glorified air hockey table and wheeched it out. The pitch would live in a carpark, and the indoor floor could be used for concerts, boxing, car shows, etc.

But, as you say. That ship has sailed.

get real.

The sapporo dome cost $350 million.

3 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Moving to the Halo would've been the way forward.  Put a convenient in place so we don't end up homeless.  Would've been a unique selling point hedging Scotland's only indoor ground.  But that ships sailed. 

that would have made killie tenants, and would have been the start of the end. Look what being tenants has done for Coventry FC. next year Coventry will be playing at the Butts (a rugby club).

the Halo was the completely wrong thing to do, dodged a bullit there. we need to own our ground to give us some security.

37 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

get real.

The sapporo dome cost $350 million.

People clearly believed that Killie could be playing a dome though!  The Halo was complete pie ion the sky, as the name suggests.  You'd be as well repainting the East Stand in gold leaf and covering it in a giant cashmere tent.  Even the English teams dont have domes, cos they're too expensive to build and run as a facility long term.

Edited by RAG

Just for the record, the 'HALO' thing is happening, as was planned, these things take an inordinate amount of time to get going. It was never going to be a new home for us, it's not big enough to put a pitch in, it would have to be redesigned completely for that. Scaremongering at the time Marie Macklin wanted to buy out Johnston was responsible for the 'moving' stories because they started planning HALO arouund the same time. The falsehoods have now been repeated so often they are accepted as fact. That ship has not sailed, that ship was never being built.

3 hours ago, Fankle said:

Something like the Telenor Arena in Norway would be magic... 

Telenor_Arena_panorama.jpg

A snip at €65 million O.o

Bit of a white elephant as far as football is concerned. Stabaek played there, then there was a fallout about use of the stadium affecting arrangements for concerts, now they are back at their old ground.

1 hour ago, Ken T said:

Answer's obvious lads - bring back the Bubble in Titchfield St!

The bubble was awesome. We want our bubble back!

But then we run the risk of some OF neds holding both the doors open at the same time and deflating the thing when they go a goal down.

And while we're at it, lets get a big wave machine back at the baths.

5 hours ago, Ken T said:

Answer's obvious lads - bring back the Bubble in Titchfield St!

Ahhhhh the bubble forgot just how good that place was, don't need to bring it back though, Rugby Park has managed to recreate that weird open space echo type atmosphere that left you light headed and to be honest made you feel sickly after being in it for an hour ;) Only difference is you don't get to into the baths for a free dip after your game of football. 

On 9/11/2017 at 5:11 PM, baz said:

This x100. For me this is our biggest problem at the moment.

I disagree.  I think the fans are the biggest problem.

I don't aim this at you or a lot of the guys on here, I am it at fans like me.  I remember somewhere circa 2008 my uncle, who ran a supporters bus and was one of those who was inspired by Fleeting and helped to force out the previous board along with a lot of pressure from other fans groups, saying to me words along the lines of "this is your time" when making reference to MJ and the situation we were sliding into. 

I used to go to every game from around 1996-2010 but I don't anymore.  I could pin the blame of this on the team, the board or anyone but it has to sit with me - I just don't make as much of an effort to go now as I once did.  Results still give as much pleasure/pain as they always did but its fans like me who COULD go and make a difference but don't that are the biggest problem.  If more of us went, if more of us sang, if more of us inspired others to go then the club would grow and progress and no doubt results and interest would improve.

2 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

I disagree.  I think the fans are the biggest problem.

I don't aim this at you or a lot of the guys on here, I am it at fans like me.  I remember somewhere circa 2008 my uncle, who ran a supporters bus and was one of those who was inspired by Fleeting and helped to force out the previous board along with a lot of pressure from other fans groups, saying to me words along the lines of "this is your time" when making reference to MJ and the situation we were sliding into. 

I used to go to every game from around 1996-2010 but I don't anymore.  I could pin the blame of this on the team, the board or anyone but it has to sit with me - I just don't make as much of an effort to go now as I once did.  Results still give as much pleasure/pain as they always did but its fans like me who COULD go and make a difference but don't that are the biggest problem.  If more of us went, if more of us sang, if more of us inspired others to go then the club would grow and progress and no doubt results and interest would improve.

I think a big issue along with MJ is that when fleeting took over we were spending freely, bringing in quality players. Team was performing consistently well, getting Europe regularly. As we've stopped spending due to the debt the player quality reduces and as such we've won less barring a couple of years with mixu and kenny. 

A lot of fans are more inclined to go if we're winning or have big names. There'll always be the hardcore but a lot of casual fans only go if we're successful.  

Fans are there certainly as we've seen from cup finals, Falkirk game and Ayr game etc but the only way we'll get them back regularly is by winning. 

Let's hope lee can kick start this tomorrow