Jump to content
kfc_superteam

If Jig quits

Recommended Posts

jamieboy    7
6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I am really depressed reading through the above list of suggested leaders. Don't see any of them making any sort of improvement.

Who would you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrelhumper    1474
1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

It makes me want to greet when I see people wanting Jim Duffy to be our manager

Why? He's done a brilliant job at Morton given what he's got to work with.

I'd rather have him than the likes of Dylan Kerr or Gus McPherson who some folk seem intent of touting every time we need a new boss.

  • Back of the Net! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gdevoy    238
3 minutes ago, jamieboy said:

Who would you suggest?

Well I would not have suggested Mixu when he got the job. I would not have picked Kenny when Mixu left but we won the League cup and never looked in any real danger of relegation when he was here.

I thought AJ looked like a good appointment given the circumstances but look how that turned out. I had never heard of lee Clark but he seemed to be doing better than Gary Locke and I thought Jig could do a decent job.

So you can see I don't have great faith in my own ability to pick a winner as it were. But what I am sure of is that there is one out there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bute-killiefan    258
4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why? He's done a brilliant job at Morton given what he's got to work with.

I'd rather have him than the likes of Dylan Kerr or Gus McPherson who some folk seem intent of touting every time we need a new boss.

I commend him for the job he's done at Morton but I'd rather we thought outside the box with appointments.

 

I agree, it would be better than just shouting names of ex-players. Of all the names I've seen mentioned, Holt is the only one I would be OK with, and that's at a stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scouser2    169

ATM does seem another groundhog period sadly , like past 5 seasons..same poor management ,  doubts over the signings, doom n gloom feeling with large section of fans...and same list of possible replacements

Despite his failings so far still hope LM can turn things around.....but if not then do hope more decisive action is taken by the board sooner than the Locke fiasco was allowed to run on..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Well I would not have suggested Mixu when he got the job. I would not have picked Kenny when Mixu left but we won the League cup and never looked in any real danger of relegation when he was here.

I thought AJ looked like a good appointment given the circumstances but look how that turned out. I had never heard of lee Clark but he seemed to be doing better than Gary Locke and I thought Jig could do a decent job.

So you can see I don't have great faith in my own ability to pick a winner as it were. But what I am sure of is that there is one out there.

 

Managers havnet got the balls to quit and admit there wrong let's no forget peter leven in this thinking he's alright cos he was an ex player and can hide behind it go lee and grow a pair but if he does no one would take him as he has no cv remember his last  game for us f**k me he didn't last to half time and that wiz g Locke choice again how long is my beloved club is going to get done by these amateurs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamieboy    7
13 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Well I would not have suggested Mixu when he got the job. I would not have picked Kenny when Mixu left but we won the League cup and never looked in any real danger of relegation when he was here.

I thought AJ looked like a good appointment given the circumstances but look how that turned out. I had never heard of lee Clark but he seemed to be doing better than Gary Locke and I thought Jig could do a decent job.

So you can see I don't have great faith in my own ability to pick a winner as it were. But what I am sure of is that there is one out there.

 

Likewise I wouldn't have suggested Mixu but I did think Kenny was the shout when he left. What we do need is a manager that can give us stability and understand what it takes to build an established team, if we haven't picked up points from our next few games then we need to get an experienced manager in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedi2    103

Don't see LM resigning to be honest, at least until the turn of the year if we are stuck near the bottom. Interesting to see Crystal Palace sack De Boer and appoint Hodgson after just 4 games! however.

IF we lose the next 2 home games to Dundee and County he would presumably be under major pressure though.

Edited by Jedi2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe    11

Greer, your having a laugh. I think he is possibly the one upsetting the players, thinking hes Billy Big Time.

Just saying what I heard from a source in RB. McCulloch is encouraging football, is Greer the long ball man. Just saying?

  • Red Card 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bullitt    685
2 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

I'd rather we thought outside the box with appointments.

I wouldn't. I want a stable run of the mill Scottish manager who has been there done it and got the t-shirt. 

The time for radical outside of the box appointments is not now. We need to win games and quickly. We need someone to steady the ship and make us a side comfortably avoiding the drop... then and only then should we try some kind of experimentation. 

If I was a manager based on our previous managerial success I'd be staying well clear of the Killie job.

It has become a poisoned chalice since Kenny left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bute-killiefan    258
8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I wouldn't. I want a stable run of the mill Scottish manager who has been there done it and got the t-shirt. 

The time for radical outside of the box appointments is not now. We need to win games and quickly. We need someone to steady the ship and make us a side comfortably avoiding the drop... then and only then should we try some kind of experimentation. 

If I was a manager based on our previous managerial success I'd be staying well clear of the Killie job.

It has become a poisoned chalice since Kenny left. 

Would you say Jim Duffy matches that description? If not, who does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bullitt    685
6 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Would you say Jim Duffy matches that description? If not, who does?

I said previously before LM appointment several names I'd have been happy with and most of them were scoffed at:

Jim Duffy

John Hughes

That's two just now that I believe would instantly get a reaction. 

I don't think we are big enough or established enough to get a McLeish in as suggested above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bute-killiefan    258
10 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I said previously before LM appointment several names I'd have been happy with and most of them were scoffed at:

Jim Duffy

John Hughes

That's two just now that I believe would instantly get a reaction. 

I don't think we are big enough or established enough to get a McLeish in as suggested above. 

I'd take Hughes, but just find Duffy to be massively underwhelming. I fancied Redfearn more than LC when we brought him in. I think we could do well looking in the English Championship/League 1 pool of managers

Edited by bute-killiefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skygod    1412
18 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

The time for radical outside of the box appointments is not now. 

We needed to appoint an experienced gaffer in the summer but most people on here wanted to "give it Jig". 

I agree that Killie are not an attractive proposition for potential managers but look at Mixu: he was out of work, damaged goods but nine months later he was boss of Finland!

The problem lies with the board and its lack of footballing knowledge and experience. Does anyone have confidence in them to make the right decisions regarding    sacking and appointing, if it came to it? 

The times when the club has been most successful were the times it had bold and imaginative boards of directors - the  late 50s/ early 60s and the 1990s. No coincidence. 

You could also say that those boards appointed rookie managers  in Waddell, Burns and Williamson. 

But they had been left sound platforms by the likes of Malky MacDonald and Alex Totten. 

We have had four managers in five years, three of them rookies and the other a loose canon. 

Time to end the cycle of experimentation - time to get the right man at whatever cost. 

Give LM the time to turn things around but, if not done quickly, the board needs to be decisive. 

 

  • Back of the Net! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killiepies    21

McLiesh would be the man but I doubt we could afford him .Duffy has had a chance at Dundee and Hibs with little success ( Did he not relegate Dundee ?) Hughes was hopeless at Raith and couldn't win a play off.Don't think any of they 2 plus the likes of Butcher ,Pressley etc would be a great success all had a go in the SPL and failed . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WWWWnnnnnn!    41

I would go for a massively radical plan for the next manager and actually f**king interview all candidates who deserve an interview. We could even ask questions about how they would develop the younger teams, what are your aims for each season, how do you plan to win the fans back. Y'know not have a f**king laughed n a joke and try to become a professional club. Managers fall into jobs in Scotland and lower English league's due to their name. Could we look for coaching badges, experience and possibly mental s**t like sport science qualifications or experience of. Maybe even a brain cos Locke ghosted through.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malkmus    74
18 minutes ago, trenwick said:

Boydie would want his poster boy walter smith

Maybe wear your lucky rocket ship underpants to the next game.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×