Jump to content
kfc_superteam

If Jig quits

Recommended Posts

Mogwai    198

In the event of regime change at the Parc du Pies, I'd like to be the first to give my support to the ubiquitous foreign manager who's name will pop up out of left field. They've usually got some tenuous link to winning some big cup, either in European club competition or international football. They'll currently be playing their trade in the Middle East or Africa at the moment.

Whoever he is, he's the man for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skygod    1412
1 hour ago, Mogwai said:

In the event of regime change at the Parc du Pies, I'd like to be the first to give my support to the ubiquitous foreign manager who's name will pop up out of left field. They've usually got some tenuous link to winning some big cup, either in European club competition or international football. They'll currently be playing their trade in the Middle East or Africa at the moment.

Gus Poyet has just left Shanghai Shenhua....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C4mmy31    450
1 minute ago, skygod said:

Gus Poyet has just left Shanghai Shenhua....

 

 

Maybe Greer could put a word in for him.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
historyman    846

We are now on our 8th manager since 2010. I think a lot of managers would think twice about taking the job if they were offered it. The club seems very disjointed and dysfunctional with no unity and certainly no leadership or direction. It doesn't look like a place where people enjoy coming to work in any capacity.

It will take a very strong personality to come in and make a success of things - we need our own Shankly, Stein, Ferguson or McLean and I don't see any of them out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wrangodog    400
4 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Cathro is a tremendous shout

Why ? He appears to be a really good coach but looked a fish out of water as a manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wrangodog    400
Just now, bute-killiefan said:

I like to think that was more to do with Levein's meddling

It would still be another manager with little experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bute-killiefan    258

A lot more than 2 of our previous 3 managers. The guy has been coaching for years, at a very high level. I think Cathro could be a very good manager with a solid team behind him. 

 

Must add, he is far from my first choice

Edited by bute-killiefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C4mmy31    450
3 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

I like to think that was more to do with Levein's meddling

Levein came out and stated in the press, he had nothing to do with the day to day coaching, selection & setup of the team thou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bute-killiefan    258
Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Levein came out and stated in the press, he had nothing to do with the day to day coaching, selection & setup of the team thou.

Bill Clinton stated to the press he didn't pump Lewinski. There's every chance his meddling was over-stated, but it sort of makes sense when you hear stories about the kind of person he is over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C4mmy31    450
1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Bill Clinton stated to the press he didn't pump Lewinski. There's every chance his meddling was over-stated, but it sort of makes sense when you hear stories about the kind of person he is over the years

I guess my point is, if Levein was telling porkies, then Cathro would have came out with his version of the truth but he had nothing but praise for Levein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bute-killiefan    258
Just now, C4mmy31 said:

I guess my point is, if Levein was telling porkies, then Cathro would have came out with his version of the truth but he had nothing but praise for Levein.

I hadn't actually seen Cathro's comments praising Levein. I agree, if it was bad he would have said so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, historyman said:

We are now on our 8th manager since 2010. I think a lot of managers would think twice about taking the job if they were offered it. The club seems very disjointed and dysfunctional with no unity and certainly no leadership or direction. It doesn't look like a place where people enjoy coming to work in any capacity.

It will take a very strong personality to come in and make a success of things - we need our own Shankly, Stein, Ferguson or McLean and I don't see any of them out there.

For me it boils down to the simple fact we have recruited poorly in the main over the last few years and our young players are average. Coupled up with poor managers. Our budget is reasonable but we blow it on the wrong players. Take st johnstone, everyone that comes in has the 'never say die' attitude, play dirty at times and do whatever to win. They bring in experienced pro's and only play the young players if they are good enough. Our pro's Broadfoot, Smith, Boyd are passed it.

The board need not know too much about football but they provide the support to the manager. Its up to the manager to use his budget well. We definately havent this year!

  • Back of the Net! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C4mmy31    450

What about Dylan Kerr for a shout as manager?  8 games in charge of Gor Mahia in Kenya, 7 wins & a draw so far and about to take them into the African Champions League. Won the FA Cup in Vietnam with Hai Phong when head coach there as well.

  • Red Card 1
  • Haha 1
  • Back of the Net! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skygod    1412

Here's the acid test - if he had never played for Killie would you suggest him?

 

 

 

Edited by skygod
Add question mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×