A response from Sandy Armour please

BLTM

Sandy Armour was the guy who suggested investors willing to invest once MJ left. He was also, apparently the voice of fans. Sandy, what is the status now? No point making promises (or were they false claims) to make the rebellion. I'm sure everyone would like to hear about your behind the scenes information. Quote from STV news in 2016 "Armour sees Bowie as a pivotal figure, telling STV: "He needs to take action, get on board with the right people who are going to come in and help the club go forward and remove Johnston from the club. In terms of moving forward the auditors' report mentioned that it needs fresh investment into the club just to keep it as a going concern. There's investors out there willing to put money in to the club so I think the time is now for Billy Bowie to do the right thing and go and speak to the people willing to put money in."  Was this fake new or have the investors disappeared?

I think the problem is that we seem almost to have gone back the way in terms of morale, even though the barrier to progress has suposed to have been removed. The mantra now is " it will take time ". One would have thought that with all the years of frustration and talk of parasites, a tide of optimism and enthusiasm would have swept the club. 

Edited by Mclean07

I really dislike it when someone who disagrees with a Baz or a Sandy comes out all billy big baws. I get that there are folk who don't get on with them or agree with how they went about trying to help our club. But don't make it into some sort of bitchy game. 

I tell you what tho, MJ isn't gone. He's not in the board room, but that 40%.....

According to Companies House Mr Johnston has resigned from the Trust he created to satisfy the bank deal but he is still an active board member and secretary of the club. Maybe when he's actually gone the previously interested investors will come back? Maybe we had our chance and didn't take it? Whatever the case, if we take the "they know where we are" attitude that our former chairman employed then I highly doubt we'll see any of them at RP any time soon. This has all been explained (and ignored clearly) before. As for the "mantra" about it taking time to rebuild the average attendance, that's just common sense, if you think it was ever going to be any different you are as mad as a box of frogs. My "mantra" has always been "the longer Johnston is in charge the more difficult it will be to turn things around" I don't see any indication there that there would be a sudden surge in attendances, I don't remember Sandy ever claiming there would be either(or claiming to be the voice of the fans)...this stuff is all on record, if you can pick out sentences to quote to try and make your point then surely it's just as easy to find quotes about sudden surges in attendance? Good luck with that. 

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

why does the OP think he deserves some kind of explanation from Mr Armour?

If someone takes it upon himself to go on the radio, tv and spouts his idealology through his little magazine, I think it's only right, when his goal is met and his promises are not delivered that he has enough guts to come out and say "it's just a matter of time guys, the investors are in the wings", or "the investors don't like the fact that the parasite is still in the background" or "I was talking sh1te and just wanted on the telly". Don't think I'm asking a question which shouldn't be asked. Many at Motherwlll were asking the same question.

I quite like Sandy although I don't really know him that well. Don't think there's any falsehoods in anything he's said in the past. 

The reality is at the time people wanted to invest, some put this information in the public domain. 

Was MJ stopping investment? Yes!

I don't think anyone could disagree with that and to be honest that was the nuts and bolts about most of what he said to the media.

1 hour ago, BLTM said:

If someone takes it upon himself to go on the radio, tv and spouts his idealology through his little magazine, I think it's only right, when his goal is met and his promises are not delivered that he has enough guts to come out and say "it's just a matter of time guys, the investors are in the wings", or "the investors don't like the fact that the parasite is still in the background" or "I was talking sh1te and just wanted on the telly". Don't think I'm asking a question which shouldn't be asked. Many at Motherwlll were asking the same question.

as you've decided to make another personal attack on sandy armour rather than his killie hippo forum name. any chance you could put up your real name and photo, so that we can find out who you are? fairs fair after all

How exciting to see your name on a thread title. I never have been a fans spokesman, just a concerned fan who stuck his head above the pulpit and with that comes the inevitable guff from the keyboard warriors. Id be delighted to meet the OP for a beer and a chat about all things Killie. With regard the investment I suspect it's reasonably simple, Johnston still has 40% and can veto constitutional decisions so why would anyone invest money but not have say. I do genuinely think the investors will eventually put in the cash but only once the poison has totally cut all ties... .hope to see you at Aberdeen mate.

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

A number of investors made themselves known and intimated their investment was conditional on changes at boardroom level. I stay on the other side of the country and know this, why does the OP think he deserves some kind of explanation from Mr Armour?

Sandy is a legendary killie fan who has no need to explain to twats on here ----- but since MJ left we are no further forward ---- personally I could name and shame c**ts who have said they'd invest or be back ---- but haven't ---------- but I won't --- FOR NOW

38 minutes ago, Mcilroy56 said:

What's this got to do with the thread, like everything else it is a personal choice, and if attacking bigkillieman, then I would guess he has done a lot more for the club/supporters that 95% of the support.

My post is directed at the OP, not @bigkillieman. Looking for a scapegoat for the lack of investment in the club yet won't commit to making a difference himself.

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

Sandy is a legendary killie fan who has no need to explain to twats on here ----- but since MJ left we are no further forward ---- personally I could name and shame c**ts who have said they'd invest or be back ---- but haven't ---------- but I won't --- FOR NOW

It's not like you to hold back, just get it off your chest and name those you feel have let down the club. Let the court of public opinion decide if you're correct or not. 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

My post is directed at the OP, not @bigkillieman. Looking for a scapegoat for the lack of investment in the club yet won't commit to making a difference himself.

No worries, just that it was posted after his :hurrah: get your point now, cheers

Edited by Mcilroy56
Additional comment

9 hours ago, BLTM said:

Sandy Armour was the guy who suggested investors willing to invest once MJ left. He was also, apparently the voice of fans. Sandy, what is the status now? No point making promises (or were they false claims) to make the rebellion. I'm sure everyone would like to hear about your behind the scenes information. Quote from STV news in 2016 "Armour sees Bowie as a pivotal figure, telling STV: "He needs to take action, get on board with the right people who are going to come in and help the club go forward and remove Johnston from the club. In terms of moving forward the auditors' report mentioned that it needs fresh investment into the club just to keep it as a going concern. There's investors out there willing to put money in to the club so I think the time is now for Billy Bowie to do the right thing and go and speak to the people willing to put money in."  Was this fake new or have the investors disappeared?

MJ hasn't left though, other than from the day-to-day running of the club. He's still the major shareholder and I haven't read anything to suggest that he's willing to sell his shares for any less than he was asking for in the past.

Any major investor would presumably want to have a controlling stake in the club alongside Bowie so I can't see that too much has changed.

2 hours ago, killiehippo said:

With regard the investment I suspect it's reasonably simple, Johnston still has 40% and can veto constitutional decisions so why would anyone invest money but not have say. I do genuinely think the investors will eventually put in the cash but only once the poison has totally cut all ties.

Do people think this is a reason why the TiK campaign has not been as successful as expected?