A Culture Problem at the club

MarkD1989KTID

12 hours ago, Zorro said:

What we really need is a manager that knows the value of old school warriors. Men that hate getting beat, no matter whether that's in a match or at training. These guys set the standards at a club. They push everyone harder in training. They make the fouls and take the booking that turn loses into draws and draws into wins. Look around our club and do you see anyone who fits that mould?

As much as I didn't like McCulloch and wasn't happy at him joining the club I did  think he would be that type of manager and sign that type of player.

It seems now we mainly have a manager and players who hate Rangers getting beat.

Edited by Prahakillie

3 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

As much as I didn't like McCulloch and wasn't happy at him joining the club I did  think he would be that type of manager and sign that type of player.

It seems now we mainly have a manager and players who hate Rangers getting beat.

I didn't want him at the club, thought he'd been a waste of money as a player, didn't want him as a coach. However he did the job he was asked to do, and I thought at the very least he'd be able to motivate our players. It doesn't look like it though  

I did post I had concerns about him tactically, but was pleasantly pleased with most of his signings. Some I wouldn't have brought in, some I thought would have been out of our reach. There's still the glaring problem in midfield and the sooner we change keepers, the better as far as I'm concerned. That said, I'm still of the opinion it takes time for teams to gel, and wouldn't be getting ready to pull the trigger to fire him just yet. 

I have always been a big fan of Boyd, defended him when others thought he was finished or didn't want him back from der Huns, but Boyd is now the elephant in the room, McCulloch will be judged on. How he handles this latest incident will make or break his career. Personally, I'd sack Boyd or if that's not possible have him training on his own and make it clear there's no way back. Lee also has to come out and say any level of disrespect towards the club will no longer be tolerated and that a few others  are living on borrowed time. Anything less and he looks weak and more concerned with no upsetting his pals than carving out a career in management. It's a big week for him, that's for sure.