Trust me, I'm a Tory

gdevoy

14 hours ago, gdevoy said:

It that case they all deserve to be hung draw and quartered as traitors because, "out the EU with no deal" would be economic disaster an treachery to the Scottish people.

Their mismanagement of Scotland’s oil and their failure to invest in creating sustainable jobs has already been an economic disaster for Scotland. However, I’m not a believer in calling people traitors for their views. Puppets would be a more apt description.

4 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Yeah I have to be careful with the language. How about selling the future of our younger generations in exchange for political power?

That neatly sums it up for me. Pandering to sectarian bigots to increase their vote share must be mentioned too. 

Still trying to blame everyone but themselves for the absolute dunghole they have dug the UK into, May and her merry men now have the BBC and the Murdoch meeja blaring out their propaganda too.

Now its, "If it the Europeans would only be reasonable and meet us half way, we've done everything possible to reach out to them"

Firstly, it is the UK that is leaving the EU. It was the UK government's decision to hold a referendum, it was their decision to interpret the "Leave" results in the way they have. The EU are under no obligation to do anything at all to meet anybody anywhere. Their job is to defend the interests of their member states.

Secondly, the government have not actually budged one micron from where they were at the start of the "negotiations". They have tried every conceivable mood music from "I just want to be your friend" to "we will fight them on the beaches..." but, surprisingly, none of that has induced the EU to give them any concessions. It just doesn't seem to have occurred to May that in order to get something in a negotiation you have to offer something. Or is it that she is unable to offer anything because the nutters in her cabinet would never agree to it?

As Hugh Rowland from the History channels Ice Road Truckers might say, "A dunghole, and that's for sure".   

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:45 PM, gdevoy said:

Too many career politicians. Students with nothing better to do with themselves deciding on a career in politics.

It used to be people had an identify in the community then went into politics to represent said community. Now they go into politics as a career choice then start hunting about for a community to represent.

Guys like Brian Donahoe? Yup, he showed great identity with his constituents when he was finally punted. He was bitter beyond belief that his gravy train had ended.

Showed them nothing but contempt for years yet somehow kept getting back in. Thankfully the voters woke up.

I don't think they've changed much over the years except being a lot more accountable now for their actions, although I do agree that the current clowns at Westminster are a special groups of prats.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, Sandman396 said:

To me one person especially personifies this - Mhairi Black.

I know you hate her, but she is far from being anywhere near the worst down there.

She's certainly passionate about what she believes in and talks a hell of a lot of sense.

So what if she's not prim and proper, so what if she's young? The cringe folk show towards her is embarrassing.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/game-thrones-actress-backs-mp-11374516

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:02 PM, Mclean07 said:

I'm genuinely getting the fear about brexit. Even a soft brext is looking pretty disasterous when you see the projected effect on living standards. I'm sickened as well with the craven attitude of many MPs, just crumbling in the face of brexit bullying. Caroline Flint, for instance, has really got on my tackities. Does anyone think Farage and co would just have accepted it if the vote had gone the other way? I still somehow hope it won't happen.

As you said back in 2014, democracy has spoken.

You might not like it, I might not like it but sh1t happens.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

As you said back in 2014, democracy has spoken.

You might not like it, I might not like it but sh1t happens.

I never for an instant thought the 2014 result would cause the SNP to just pack up their tent and go home.

Likewise A vote to remain in the EU would have done nothing to shift Farage who hangs about like dogs**t on the sole of your shoe.

The thing is people did not vote to remain within the EU and no credible politician has ever supported leave. So we now have a democratically chosen path that nobody except the zealots in charge believes in. The zealots battle cry is "we can get through this". I myself personally have no wish at all to "get through this". I'd rather we did the Briish thing, said "SOREEE", the lunatics briefly took over the asylum and can we jus pretend it never happened.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I know you hate her, but she is far from being anywhere near the worst down there.

She's certainly passionate about what she believes in and talks a hell of a lot of sense.

So what if she's not prim and proper, so what if she's young? The cringe folk show towards her is embarrassing.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/game-thrones-actress-backs-mp-11374516

I don't hate her personally but I do dislike her politically.

She is a symbol of the style over substance that is the hallmark of politics these days.

From her "working class attire" affectation to her poor attendance and hypocrisy.

I don't mind passion and could care less about age or being prim and proper. What I cannot abide is what they referred to in WW2 as LMF - Lack of Moral Fibre

On 23 October 2017 at 10:41 AM, Sandman396 said:

I don't hate her personally but I do dislike her politically.

She is a symbol of the style over substance that is the hallmark of politics these days.

From her "working class attire" affectation to her poor attendance and hypocrisy.

I don't mind passion and could care less about age or being prim and proper. What I cannot abide is what they referred to in WW2 as LMF - Lack of Moral Fibre

image.jpeg.0bebc938c66e08ee9f00e75a8072ab9f.jpegimage.png.8f0aff45abf9c682fe6ac84541e3ffc7.png

Looks like she's just a lazy b1tch. 

Edited by Mclean07

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

Or perhaps suffering from depression? 

Watching May lick The Donald's arse, then the Tories win actual seats in Scotland is pretty depressing.

Then watching them just try to ignore parliament as they invent and impose their own version of Brexit does not help either.