King Kenny Speaks!

Bullitt

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

He had a style of football which every other team had figured out and pressed high up when we tried to build from the back. 

This maybe culminated in the 4-2 cup defeat st RP against Hibs which was as hapless a defensive performance as had been seen for many a day. 

That's a selective recollection of events if you don't mind me saying. As I remember it our defence and style of football was doing just fine until Pasca got injured in the 0-3 away win at Hearts. This loss of a key player was compounded by talk of O'Leary joining Hibs and his reluctance to sign a new contract. Iirc correctly O'Leary didn't feature much the rest of the season and Sissoko was partnered with the likes of Ashcroft, O'Hara, and perhaps even Fowler and Clingan. The personnel rather than style of football was the issue imo.  

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

That's a selective recollection of events if you don't mind me saying. As I remember it our defence and style of football was doing just fine until Pasca got injured in the 0-3 away win at Hearts. This loss of a key player was compounded by talk of O'Leary joining Hibs and his reluctance to sign a new contract. Iirc correctly O'Leary didn't feature much the rest of the season and Sissoko was partnered with the likes of Ashcroft, O'Hara, and perhaps even Fowler and Clingan. The personnel rather than style of football was the issue imo.  

Spot on.

I honestly don't understand the reservations some have about Shiels. The man gave us 3 things no other manager had for years or ever. Two wins against the huns in one season, a win at the tims home ground and a league cup. All this while working under the constrictions of our dictatorial ex chairman. Aye there were some poor results and performances but to me, the good outweighed the bad and there was always a buzz around the town when he was here. King Kenny will always be my all time favourite Killie manager, well in my 45 years of supporting the team so far.

Despite everything that happened afterwards, sacking Kenny was MJs lowest point.

This was done purely in self interest trying to pander to the SFA blazers/

The future might not have been brilliant and he might not have been the Messiah, but for f**ks sake he loved the club,he loved the fans and he had a longer term plan.

The truth is that we'll never know what might have happened, but consider this, could we have been put through such utter pish than we have suffered if he had stayed?

I sincerely doubt it.

Would I have him back tomorrow?

f**kin aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Philo said:

Forgive me jumping in late, what actually happened with Harkins and KS on the training ground?
Might have missed it or it was only spoken about in hushed tones at the time.

Could be way off here, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but was there not a story about Harkins on a Celtic supporters bus phoning Kenny and he got all his mates to start singing about Dean only having one eye?

1 hour ago, david mcbeth said:

Sounds in keeping with Harkins' general behaviour throughout his 'career". Why do so many walking attitude problems get blessed with good football skills?

They tend to have shorter careers than most, the lifestyle tends to catch up. Scotland has many examples of talented footballers with stinking attitudes pissing their career away

On 18/09/2017 at 5:15 PM, bute-killiefan said:

They tend to have shorter careers than most, the lifestyle tends to catch up. Scotland has many examples of talented footballers with stinking attitudes pissing their career away

I don't buy this 'short career' pish. If they lose their jobs they can do what the rest of us do, look for another one. I don't see why being a footballer should entitle you to retire at 35 never to work again. Get into the real world. 

Edited by Ycfc1922

4 hours ago, Ycfc1922 said:

I don't buy this 'short career' pish. If they lose their jobs they can do what the rest of us do, look for another one. I don't see why being a footballer should entitle you to retire at 35 never to work again. Get into the real world. 

Nah mate,they just retire and live out their days in a cave.