Line up face Aberdeen

Craigieboy

-----------------MacDonald--------------------

--O'Donnell---Greer---Findlay-----Waters

Frizzel-------Smith---Wilson--------Taylor--

-------------------Thomas-----------------------

--------------------Erwin--------------------------

Would try Thomas in a central role, with Frizzel and Taylor tracking back in an attempt to protect the defence. As suggested, can't see anything other than a routine 3-0 for them, and an incredible 14 wins in a row for Aberdeen against us.

Lost to Dundee and County after this and he is gone.

Edited by Jedi2

Performance and effort is really important in this one. While not expecting to win, or even draw...a MUCH better return than the previous one or two shots on goal, plus a much greater sense of determination is essential to try and build on. Our season isn't defined by away games against Aberdeen, but we do certainly need to be providing some hope for the massive games against Dundee, County and Thistle to follow.

MacDonald

Broadfoot         Greer          Findlay

Wilson

O'Donnell   Frizzell    Smith     Taylor

Thomas       

Erwin

Subs - Bell, McKenzie, K.Boyd, S.Boyd, Jones, Brophy, Burke.

On 14/09/2017 at 0:50 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Squirrelhumper

KBP           Baz            Hippo           Merk

Killie Conman   Gazza     oldkillie   Gaz of the 2020

DrewWylie       Under5

Gutted :(

6 hours ago, mitch14 said:

The official video put out by the club on twitter there, with Jig and Smith talking for 90% of the time about how good Aberdeen are then emphasising that this is a really tough league. Fans swithering about making the journey will be flocking north... 

I'm swithering. For some strange reason I think I will go.

Aberdeens major threat comes from behind the striker. They've got the strikers of course but they have great quality coming from the three who play behind either May or Rooney. Again the thing that's screaming out is our lack of midfield. Tansey and Shinnie will fight for everything and have enough to dominate games and let the flair players do their thing. I have doubts that McCulloch can find a 2,3,4 or 5 man midfield to actual put up some resistance. 

43 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

I doubt McCullouch can find a midfield at all! 

Mibbie that's LM's problem. If he can't find a midfield that will explain why he has not tried to fix it. He obviously doesn't know there should be one in between the defence and the forward line. Again that explains why we play with 1 Goalie, 4 Defenders, 2 wide midfielders, 2 wingers, 1 Headless chicken and 1 immobile forward who only comes back into his half to defend corners.  :9:. Didn't realise being a football manager and setting up a team  was this easy. 

Edited by Asasaid

As we all consider our best line up, formation, formula to stop Aberdeen winning 14 IN A ROW against us today (that's unbelievable to think) I'm not now wondering how we will stop the goals going in at our end. but who will score them for us?

Has anyone else been hugely disappointed and massively underwhelmed by Lee Erwin who I personally thought was a great signing and a bit of a coup to get. so far however he looks slow, overweight and uninterested. 

he was lightning for Motherwell and was a standout any time I watched him for them. looks a shadow of that player in the blue and white stripes

34 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

As we all consider our best line up, formation, formula to stop Aberdeen winning 14 IN A ROW against us today (that's unbelievable to think) I'm not now wondering how we will stop the goals going in at our end. but who will score them for us?

Has anyone else been hugely disappointed and massively underwhelmed by Lee Erwin who I personally thought was a great signing and a bit of a coup to get. so far however he looks slow, overweight and uninterested. 

he was lightning for Motherwell and was a standout any time I watched him for them. looks a shadow of that player in the blue and white stripes

Yes. Was really excited when we signed him but looks slower than I expected. Early days, hopefully he will improve.

1 hour ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

The blame lies firmly at the management door on the fitness front. I've seen them train at RP, the Maress in Irvine and Kilwinning, it's all ball work with very little stamina work other than the initial warm up & down..

31 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The blame lies firmly at the management door on the fitness front. I've seen them train at RP, the Maress in Irvine and Kilwinning, it's all ball work with very little stamina work other than the initial warm up & down..

Unless you watch a whole week's training, I think it's unfair to judge their training on what you see in snapshots. 

It's unlikely but, for example, you might just have seen low intensity days.

You're also not seeing what they do in the gym.

The bulk of stamina work will be done pre-season to reach a level of fitness which just has to be maintained and topped-up from then on. 

A player - obviously position-dependent - will cover about 10 k on average during a match, which over 90 mins isn't that much for a fit athlete when you consider that it's made up of walking, jogging and sprinting. 

If there is a management problem, I wonder if it's motivational more than fitness.