Sign in to follow this  
Craigieboy

Line up face Aberdeen

Joe    11
42 minutes ago, skygod said:

Bigger than who? Below average- size players? 

If Thomas, Taylor and Jones evade criticism, I think the reason must lie elsewhere than their height. 

Nae bother Skygod the most negative individual on here. I am heading off to Aberdeen now with a glimmer of hope the team at least keep the ball on the deck and don't resort toTaylor punt up the line, Thomas and Jones headless chicken. Midfield getting bypassed. As for strikers. No clue what to think TBH.

Anyway if you can't manage and have an urge for power and brawn head to a Junior game, if not there must be a bodybuilding competition or I'm sure boxing on BT sports tonight.

Anyway hope we are on here happy later. Have a good day Skygod. Long drive ahead now to sheep land

• Red Card 1

Joe    11
4 minutes ago, skygod said:

Nowhere near the most negative on here, but have a safe and successful trip! 

Thanks mate. Its a funny old game we are all experts, we all have opinions

As we all consider our best line up, formation, formula to stop Aberdeen winning 14 IN A ROW against us today (that's unbelievable to think) I'm not now wondering how we will stop the goals going in at our end. but who will score them for us?

Has anyone else been hugely disappointed and massively underwhelmed by Lee Erwin who I personally thought was a great signing and a bit of a coup to get. so far however he looks slow, overweight and uninterested. 

he was lightning for Motherwell and was a standout any time I watched him for them. looks a shadow of that player in the blue and white stripes

MJout    169
34 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

As we all consider our best line up, formation, formula to stop Aberdeen winning 14 IN A ROW against us today (that's unbelievable to think) I'm not now wondering how we will stop the goals going in at our end. but who will score them for us?

Has anyone else been hugely disappointed and massively underwhelmed by Lee Erwin who I personally thought was a great signing and a bit of a coup to get. so far however he looks slow, overweight and uninterested. 

he was lightning for Motherwell and was a standout any time I watched him for them. looks a shadow of that player in the blue and white stripes

Yes. Was really excited when we signed him but looks slower than I expected. Early days, hopefully he will improve.

Bigbill    44
37 minutes ago, MJout said:

Yes. Was really excited when we signed him but looks slower than I expected. Early days, hopefully he will improve.

He was training with Boyd on the video the other day, if thats who he looks up to no wonder he's slow and overwieght.

C4mmy31    450
1 hour ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

The blame lies firmly at the management door on the fitness front. I've seen them train at RP, the Maress in Irvine and Kilwinning, it's all ball work with very little stamina work other than the initial warm up & down..

skygod    1412
31 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The blame lies firmly at the management door on the fitness front. I've seen them train at RP, the Maress in Irvine and Kilwinning, it's all ball work with very little stamina work other than the initial warm up & down..

Unless you watch a whole week's training, I think it's unfair to judge their training on what you see in snapshots. 

It's unlikely but, for example, you might just have seen low intensity days.

You're also not seeing what they do in the gym.

The bulk of stamina work will be done pre-season to reach a level of fitness which just has to be maintained and topped-up from then on. 

A player - obviously position-dependent - will cover about 10 k on average during a match, which over 90 mins isn't that much for a fit athlete when you consider that it's made up of walking, jogging and sprinting. 

If there is a management problem, I wonder if it's motivational more than fitness. 

C4mmy31    450
3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Unless you watch a whole week's training, I think it's unfair to judge their training on what you see in snapshots. 

It's unlikely but, for example, you might just have seen low intensity days.

You're also not seeing what they do in the gym.

The bulk of stamina work will be done pre-season to reach a level of fitness which just has to be maintained and topped-up from then on. 

A player - obviously position-dependent - will cover about 10 k on average during a match, which over 90 mins isn't that much for a fit athlete when you consider that it's made up of walking, jogging and sprinting. 

If there is a management problem, I wonder if it's motivational more than fitness. 

I watched them for 4 days running at the Maress, preseason, they must all have been low intensity days then .....

DuncD    48
3 hours ago, Joe said:

Nae bother Skygod the most negative individual on here. I am heading off to Aberdeen now with a glimmer of hope the team at least keep the ball on the deck and don't resort toTaylor punt up the line, Thomas and Jones headless chicken. Midfield getting bypassed. As for strikers. No clue what to think TBH.

Anyway if you can't manage and have an urge for power and brawn head to a Junior game, if not there must be a bodybuilding competition or I'm sure boxing on BT sports tonight.

You really come across as an idiot Joe.

Skygod is a very Level headed poster who doesn't criticise people for disagreeing with him unlike you.

Im not sure whether you are best friends or family with Rory and Frizz as anytime somebody posts something negative against them you get so defensive. 

If somebody mentions height or strength you instantly insult Scottish football or compare it to different sports.

Ridiculous 

Edited by DuncD
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Joe    11
1 hour ago, DuncD said:

Skygod is a very Level headed poster who doesn't criticise people for disagreeing with him unlike you.

Im not sure whether you are best friends or family with Rory and Frizz as anytime somebody posts something negative against them you get so defensive. 

If somebody mentions height or strength you instantly insult Scottish football or compare it to different sports.

Ridiculous 

OK DuncD. It's about opinion. I'm not critical I clearly see football different from others on here. I've watched football at all levels all my life. This morning I took in a kids game. All the parents shouted was get in harder. Shoot. Get the ball away. So I'm sorry but disagree with this style of play.

No I'm not family. Nor am I a Wee guy. I've two boys who play one six foot. One about five six. There is a place for all imo. I seem to annoy you so I won't comment now. Apologies skygod if I've offended.

And no the names of frizz and Rory are not related. I simply care for Scottish development. Whether your big. Wee it takes all sorts.

Sorry for being RIDICULOUS.

Maybe some on here will agree

Edited by Joe

skygod    1412

No apology necessary, Joe. As you say, it's all about opinions. 

I was just making the point that Taylor, Thomas and Jones are hardly big guys! 

Anyway, another wee guy in Waters starting today..  

Edited by skygod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DuncD said:

Ridiculous 

Agree with Joe sky god is a numpty and you love him xx

Joe    11
6 minutes ago, skygod said:

No apology necessary, Joe. As you say, it's all about opinions. 

I was just making the point that Taylor, Thomas and Jones are hardly big guys! 

Anyway, another wee guy in Waters starting today..  

Cheers pal. Lu really. Interesting line up. It's just I like football on the ground. The best I've seen in a long time was PSG. Yes I know ten zillion quid but lovely to watch. Fingers crossed lads. And DuncD. Kidding before u go mental

Joe    11
13 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I beg to differ :) 

Oh here we go. I've apologized. Skygod accepted. So why r u involved. Joke BTW.