Good start to the weekend

kfc_superteam

Agree with that historyman. I've seen Partick twice and they've deserved more than a point. Tonight if they'd kept 11 on the park they'd have strolled to three points the way was panning out. Hamilton have looked better than us as have Dundee although I've only seen them in the cup. 

We all know we have to buck up our ideas. My biggest worry is publicly the manager is saying he's happy with a lot of what we are doing when I've seen very little to be positive about since the start of the season. Other teams are getting performances or results. If they are lucky both. We are getting neither at the moment

13 minutes ago, piffer said:

Agree with that historyman. I've seen Partick twice and they've deserved more than a point. Tonight if they'd kept 11 on the park they'd have strolled to three points the way was panning out. Hamilton have looked better than us as have Dundee although I've only seen them in the cup. 

We all know we have to buck up our ideas. My biggest worry is publicly the manager is saying he's happy with a lot of what we are doing when I've seen very little to be positive about since the start of the season. Other teams are getting performances or results. If they are lucky both. We are getting neither at the moment

Agree they would have won with 11 men. They pass the ball well in the midfield. If only we had signed Blair Spittal, he offers far more than any of our midfielders at the moment  

Thought Sammon worked hard as he always does but his usual lack of confidence was there to see when he had the chance to break and take on the last man but he turned back. 

23 minutes ago, Mark Robertson said:

Thought they deserved to win, really took it to the huns up until the sending off. On another note, I thought the fish was outstanding for the short time he was on. Is it possible we just didn't know how to use him properly?

Outstanding, I must have missed something. He ran about but every time he gets near a football it seems to bounce off him.

Both Killie and Partick have similar defenders and attackers but unfortunately they have far better midfielders.

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Agree they would have won with 11 men. They pass the ball well in the midfield. If only we had signed Blair Spittal, he offers far more than any of our midfielders at the moment  

Thought Sammon worked hard as he always does but his usual lack of confidence was there to see when he had the chance to break and take on the last man but he turned back. 

I thought he was trying to waste time and keep possession rather than a lack of confidence, Thistle were under the cosh a bit after the sending off. I really thought it was clever play to keep the point. I think on tonights showing, Thistle are a far better team than we are

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Outstanding, I must have missed something. He ran about but every time he gets near a football it seems to bounce off him.

Both Killie and Partick have similar defenders and attackers but unfortunately they have far better midfielders.

Really? I saw him holding the ball up when the Thistle defence were under pressure, I saw him play the ball off a hun for a throw in high up the park, I saw him controlling the ball while surrounded by three hun players and running the clock down. I saw him defend a dangerous looking counter attack and break down play, I saw him back in and win a free kick also high up the park. All the things I would want my striker to do when holding on to a draw against the huns when down to ten men

1 minute ago, Mark Robertson said:

Really? I saw him holding the ball up when the Thistle defence were under pressure, I saw him play the ball off a hun for a throw in high up the park, I saw him controlling the ball while surrounded by three hun players and running the clock down. I saw him defend a dangerous looking counter attack and break down play, I saw him back in and win a free kick also high up the park. All the things I would want my striker to do when holding on to a draw against the huns when down to ten men

Excellent let's battle all the other teams in January for his signature.

5 minutes ago, Mark Robertson said:

Sammon is the last thing we need at the moment.

Thistle have a confidence about them even in poor results. It was interesting that quotes coming from the hierarchy said Archibald won't get forever to get it right. In the second half they came out and had a go. They got a break with the deflection but it was no more than they deserved. I can't help but think we'd have gone for damage limitatation and maybe had a go when it was too late. 

Personally I thought Sammon did well when he came on. Not outstanding but he did nothing wrong. Worked hard, took it to the corners, available for passes, covered back to help his defenders and made sure they got the result. Much as he was criticised during his spell here last season those are qualities that could potentially have seen us pick up more points than we have in the games so far this season. I did think there were a couple of chances where he held back. I think it was his first touch he took it on his chest and was reluctant to have a go despite the two CBs being on their heels with their backs to goal. 

With Partick giving good accounts of themselves v Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers, you can clearly see they are better than us. Motherwell and Hamilton look better than us. Dundee have beaten Dundee U twice already and the chances they created v Hamilton in that game was incredible and with regards County, you'd imagine having finished top-six then seventh and been pretty solid under Jimmy Mac they'll be better than us too. 

On the current trajectory I'd predict Killie will be bottom after the first round of eleven games; adrift after the second round and probably officially relegated round about the split....that apart, everything's triff.

What a bonus it'd be to pull a rabbit out the hat today at Pittodrie. Can't see it though, if they're struggling to take a competent throw-in, string three passes together and lose two goals a game it's going to go mamories up.