Dons Fred

C4mmy31

My dying hope with being a kilmarnock fan is that we rid ourselves of individuals who prefer to comment on anything that vaguely recognises the old firm. If you feel that strongly about them and their principles why don't you go there and leave the true supporters alone. The phrases you and others continue to use are  not welcome at our club.  Check our history, especially the last time we were in a mess, and the individuals who played for us,

11 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

My dying hope with being a kilmarnock fan is that we rid ourselves of individuals who prefer to comment on anything that vaguely recognises the old firm. If you feel that strongly about them and their principles why don't you go there and leave the true supporters alone. The phrases you and others continue to use are  not welcome at our club.  Check our history, especially the last time we were in a mess, and the individuals who played for us,

Carpetter,

On the back of my last post (rant). What's a " Hun dud?"  Is that what our club is about? I thought we were the opposite. Clearly not with individuals like yourself who define football with bile and at the same time tarnish our history. 

If, or before you reply, I hope you chose your words carefully.  I wouldn't like you embarrassing yourself or our club  any further than you have.

An excellent point today and very hard fought. A bonus point if you like. Next week is massive and I hope we see Hawkshaw and Waters keep their place. Shows what we've been saying for a few weeks. it's been the older players that have been letting us down and today we didn't see Broadfoot, Burke, or Boyd. it's irrelevant that these players played for other clubs in the past. they are old and are not the players they were. time to show faith in the hungry young players trying to forge a career for themselves. they have far more to play for. 

I've no doubt young Hawkshaw and Jones will get the plaudits via the MOTM and not undeservedly, but Gordon Greer was outstanding and without him and the fortuitous injury to Wilson it could have been another dismal trip to Pittodrie. We are still a work in progress but with Greer's influence at the back and with Dicker and Kiltie to come back we have the makings.....

Took a last minute decision to go today and glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed the game apart from the first 15mins where it looked like a right hiding could be on the cards and 5 at the back was clearly not working. Hawkshaw had a fantastic game and our midfield began to work like a unit once the change was made. Frizzell waters were superb and I know I'll get stick from some quarters but i thought McKenzie put in a great shift. JJ caused them problems all game and could of got a couple. Greer was great at the back and encouraged everyone else all game long. Only disappointment in the team was Erwin who really didn't offer much all game and in terms of effort looked nowhere near the levels of his team mates. McDonald really didn't have much to do but made a smart save right at the death.

In my view time to get behind the team and management. There is a team in there somewhere. Best 11 is not an easy one to call.

Hope wilsons injury is not too serious.

Watched the game with my Aberdeen supporting mate in the Dick Donald Stand (his turn to select seating), Dons supporters crapped themselves every time JJ got posession, if only he had a final ball! Greer strolled the game and was easily man of the match. Erwin came onto a game and given time will be a success. Interestingly Dons supporters were positively commenting on how young a team Killie had out and negatively from an Aberdeen perspective how they struggled to break them down. Guess plaudits to the youngsters for their efforts and the management team in organising them! Opening 20 mins was a tough watch though. 

So we played better when the Manager's initial plans had to be changed ......and in a game where some of his earlier summer signings were absent  

if smith had been available would Hawkshaw even have got a place on the bench.........?

Just hope the deserved point gives the team a boost and we can now get a win or 2 in the home games coming up

Will be an interesting team selection next week 

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

So we played better when the Manager's initial plans had to be changed ......and in a game where some of his earlier summer signings were absent  

if smith had been available would Hawkshaw even have got a place on the bench.........?

Just hope the deserved point gives the team a boost and we can now get a win or 2 in the home games coming up

Will be an interesting team selection next week 

I've been really unhappy with McCulloch, but credit where it's due, he has dropped Boyd and seems to favour Findlay to Broadfoot so I think the guys that performed well today will get their chance. The hope we have is that McCulloch is learning from all this week by week. Is there a game this season where he's got it right from the word go? Celtic at home maybe? Let's hope it can all come together next weekend. 

Great result so much better once Wilson went off and formation was forced to change with Hawkshaw coming on. With 5 at back it was shocking. Fear is LMs set up was terrible and the change was enforced so have we stumbled accross a formation that now works.  For me doubts are still there for LM. Btw Greer was outstanding yesterday and so much better from Jones.

Its funny we can look rank rotten but there is definitely a competative team in that squad that should do ok. I just hope LM finally gets the selection and tactics right and we should pick up the wins. Yesterday was the first time in ages i came away from a game proud of our performance 

Edited by langlands_killie
Mistyped