LBGTI fans

Jimuck

6 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

Don't forget the Q on LGBTIQ.

Questioning.

"gender fluid" man one day, women the next. Or whatever, made up attention seeking bollocks they feel like that day

A transgender young person in North Ayrshire killed themselves this week. c**ts like you make life so hard for them. 

I do a lot of work with a couple of trans young folk and I can assure you nothing is "made up" or done for attention, quite the opposite. I work closely with the local doctor on it who has a wide range of expertise on the subject, I'll need to tell him a random arsehole on the internet disagrees with his professional opinion. 

Suicide rates within the transgender community are 40% higher than any other sector. That is not all down to name calling and bullying. This is a mental health issue with many facets attached to it. The World Health Organisation and many health professionals still class this a mental health disorder. The WHO are looking to change there stance on it in 2018 (I believe) but that coupd be reversed as they are still learning as we go.

basic biology suggests you cannot change gender. People should be educated, comforted and helped in dealing with their issues but they certainly should not be pandered to.

Edited by azertyuiop

44 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

Suicide rates within the transgender community are 40% higher than any other sector. That is not all down to name calling and bullying. This is a mental health issue with many facets attached to it. The World Health Organisation and many health professionals still class this a mental health disorder. The WHO are looking to change there stance on it in 2018 (I believe) but that coupd be reversed as they are still learning as we go.

basic biology suggests you cannot change gender. People should be educated, comforted and helped in dealing with their issues but they certainly should not be pandered to.

Suicide rates for trans young people are high - the main factors being lack of support from parents, no professional help from a GP or gender clinic, lack of support from the wider community (school/youth groups), rejection by family or friends, and bullying and discrimination. 

However, suicide rates for trans people who don't suffer these factors (ie whose parents are supportive, who sees a GP, who has support, who doesn't face discrimination) is - you guessed it - no different than for the general population. 

There's plenty of reasons a trans person is more likely to commit suicide, but they're factors that can be prevented. Be in no doubt that comments like yours are part of the problem. 

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Anyone with a problem with this initiative should look at the swathes of empty blue plastic seats on Saturday and ask, "Are we inclusive enough?"

A club that wants to be at the heart of its community should be clear that it welcomes everyone from that community.

I don't think there is any real question at all. Sometimes it does get lost in translation but I truly believe the club welcomes everyone from every conceivable ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender and age group. You don't even have to live in Kilmarnock, or even nearby.

It just so happens that with the sensitivity of this particular issue, not signing up will be interpreted as LGBTI  people are not welcome. So just sign up FFS! 

10 hours ago, Dillinger said:

A transgender young person in North Ayrshire killed themselves this week. c**ts like you make life so hard for them. 

I do a lot of work with a couple of trans young folk and I can assure you nothing is "made up" or done for attention, quite the opposite. I work closely with the local doctor on it who has a wide range of expertise on the subject, I'll need to tell him a random arsehole on the internet disagrees with his professional opinion. 

Right, neck on the line time.

I also occasionally work with LGBTs, and while most are genuinely nice ordinary people, there are also some, as in any walk of life, who are absolute ar***holes who hide behind this label.

One particular guy.with a definite personality problem told me that people were against him just because he was gay.

The reality was that he was an absolute bawbag of the first order, but he had a ready made excuse.

I can also assure you that there are some 'trans' folk out there who do use it for attention, I've met some and I also work with a number of doctors who would agree with thist.

While I appreciate and agree with your view about the many genuine LGBTs out there, my point is that there are some bad apples in every barrel.

I know it may not be PC but it's true.

Anyways, Back to the original point, any initiative to get bums on seats deserves our support, and good luck with it.  

I don't get it. I really don't. 

Most folk don't give two hoots if you are red, white, black or blue or what religion or nationality someone is. Again with sexuality, I don't give a hoot if someone is gay or not. It's their life and who am I to judge. 

But by identifying them or creating an inclusive approach we are surely positively discriminatory?

I haven't ever considered Rugby Park as a place where there needs to be something signed to say all are welcome. We've had gay players play for us, we've had different colours and different races, different religion, Catholics, Protestant, reformed drug addicts all play for the club or come watch the team. 

What next? A charter for woman to appease feminists?

A religious charter to show a Jew and Muslim are welcome?

The PC brigade are the ones who actually are creating the barriers when no one else even considered it an issue!

8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Ah'm no commin back till the club issues a statement that Christians are welcome.

Mid you the crowd do seem like a fairly devout lot, the number of times I have heard, "Oh Jesus Christ......." from the stands around me. :) 

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I don't get it. I really don't. 

Most folk don't give two hoots if you are red, white, black or blue or what religion or nationality someone is. Again with sexuality, I don't give a hoot if someone is gay or not. It's their life and who am I to judge. 

But by identifying them or creating an inclusive approach we are surely positively discriminatory?

I haven't ever considered Rugby Park as a place where there needs to be something signed to say all are welcome. We've had gay players play for us, we've had different colours and different races, different religion, Catholics, Protestant, reformed drug addicts all play for the club or come watch the team. 

What next? A charter for woman to appease feminists?

The PC brigade are the ones who actually are creating the barriers when no one else even considered it an issue!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40846848

Some of the quotes from fans in this article explain why people can find these initiatives helpful. Meanwhile it does you no harm whatsoever, so rather than worrying about whether it's being too PC or whatever, you could just completely ignore it?

I have probably heard the word 'w*nker' used as an insult far more than homophobic abuse at football games. What about the Onanistic community? I can honestly say that I have never heard a biphobic, transphobic or intersexophobic comment or chant. Actually, a transgender person would face instant discrimination from the SFA if they are born male and want to play in a women's team (or vice versa) - correct me if I am wrong.

What about Asexuals, who find it all rather disgusting?

By all means sign up to LGBTQIWOA+ though.

Edited by KA9Killie

1 hour ago, KA9Killie said:

I have probably heard the word 'w*nker' used as an insult far more than homophobic abuse at football games. What about the Onanistic community? I can honestly say that I have never heard a biphobic, transphobic or intersexophobic comment or chant. Actually, a transgender person would face instant discrimination from the SFA if they are born male and want to play in a women's team (or vice versa) - correct me if I am wrong.

What about Asexuals, who find it all rather disgusting?

By all means sign up to LGBTQIWOA+ though.

Please let's not forget the non binary section, perhaps covered under genderqueer

Edited by Mcilroy56

A person's sexuality shouldn't affect them playing or watching football, it is a personal matter. Their politics and religion are personal matters too but the SFA and SPFL have both failed abysmally in stopping religious and political chants,songs, and banners, in Scottish football grounds. It is too much to hope that our football authorities belatedly realise that we are now in the 21st century ?