Dundee thread

skygod

30 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Almost but not quite. I felt it was bordering on the disgraceful the abuse and criticism dished out to MJ, AJ, SC and JI. Sometimes it cleared the border well into the disgraceful. 

Hmmm. I think you might be telescoping events. The abuse was directed at MJ and him alone for quite a wee while. There was a song sung at away games mostly that drew a neat distinction between the AJ and MJ. Plenty of folk on here will remember how it went. My memory isn't up to the task. Pretty abusive to the snake. AJ was well liked as a player had a decent record at QOS and most fans accepted him well enough. SC was a different matter. 

1 minute ago, carpetfitter said:

Hmmm. I think you might be telescoping events. The abuse was directed at MJ and him alone for quite a wee while. There was a song sung at away games mostly that drew a neat distinction between the AJ and MJ. Plenty of folk on here will remember how it went. My memory isn't up to the task. Pretty abusive to the snake. AJ was well liked as a player had a decent record at QOS and most fans accepted him well enough. SC was a different matter. 

As you admit yourself, your "memory isn't up to the task." Don't forget to log out! 

I remember being at meetings AJ was speaking at and it was alarming how amateurish everything seemed. This was not all his fault of course as MJ was basically an administrator at that point. 

Anyone else recall the AGM the night before our penultimate game of the season in his first year vs St Mirren where he basically admitted he had no clue about his best eleven, best formation and preferred football style. 

Back to the Dundee game!

I accept that there are at least two different views of the performance as expressed in this thread.

For what it's worth and on relection on the 4 hour drive back home ....................

I thought that Dundee looked far better organised but that Killie had the better individuals in Jones, Hawkshaw and Erwin in particular. Pity Greer made that horrible mistake (almost outdone by Taylor just after we scored) but there was a clear lack of confidence running through the side. The terrible Boyd miss apart Dundee were pushing at the end and so I didn't see the game the way that LM did.

Couldn't understand why Mc Kenzie stayed on the pitch for the full 90 minutes as he was pathetic from start to finish. He runs away from the player with the ball every time and seems to find the position where he's hardest to find with a pass every time. Clueless or devoid of confidence it's hard to say but he's getting worse.

It was so obvious that Thomas should have been put on for him so we could push for a winner but again LM just stood there like a rabbit in the headlights.

I fear for him and us.

The comments on AJ from those above are bang on. Guys I know who watch the lower leagues said it took a while even after leaving us to get up to speed as a decent manager and that he has slowly progressed. 

For me, that was why the McCulloch appointment was at the wrong time. Giving him the job when we needed a huge turnover of players and were going into a season with better opposition was giving him way too much to do. 

He might well turn out to be a good manager, but he's got a massive learning curve. And we don't have the time for him to learn. If we start to see an upswing soon and he gets us playing then great. If it stays the same he needs to go soon. 

Well who do we fancy as the next manager? All these experence guy have all been sacked from previous jobs for getting there team relegated or nearly .Big Jig at least kept us in the league  like our previous manager did .Would Hartley ,Duffy or Butcher do the job ?McLiesh  probably would but with the backing of a chairman who would bankroll him Plus a support who would get right behind the board and managmenrt like we did when Fleeting took over 

17 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Correct they don't even invite applications or interview potential candidates. Utterly clueless. We will however have a nice shiny Exec box for them to hide in. 

Careful.

I got banned to an offshore island for asking for a list of manager interviewees when this forum bandwagon, sentimentality and the cheap option saw LM  - Learner Manager - get the job!

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Back to the Dundee game!

I accept that there are at least two different views of the performance as expressed in this thread.

For what it's worth and on relection on the 4 hour drive back home ....................

I thought that Dundee looked far better organised but that Killie had the better individuals in Jones, Hawkshaw and Erwin in particular. Pity Greer made that horrible mistake (almost outdone by Taylor just after we scored) but there was a clear lack of confidence running through the side. The terrible Boyd miss apart Dundee were pushing at the end and so I didn't see the game the way that LM did.

Couldn't understand why Mc Kenzie stayed on the pitch for the full 90 minutes as he was pathetic from start to finish. He runs away from the player with the ball every time and seems to find the position where he's hardest to find with a pass every time. Clueless or devoid of confidence it's hard to say but he's getting worse.

It was so obvious that Thomas should have been put on for him so we could push for a winner but again LM just stood there like a rabbit in the headlights.

I fear for him and us.

Didn't McKenzie nearly score with a run into the box when he beat three or four men and was unlucky with his effort? I also heard some fans complaining the pies were not very warm in one of the east stand tea bars suppose that was Rorys fault as well as everything on the park that goes wrong is always down to him!

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

Didn't McKenzie nearly score with a run into the box when he beat three or four men and was unlucky with his effort? I also heard some fans complaining the pies were not very warm in one of the east stand tea bars suppose that was Rorys fault as well as everything on the park that goes wrong is always down to him!

And had Rory squared it to an unmarked Boyd it would have been a goal... But I thought Mckenzie did fine overall. His work rate is what keeps him in the team and it's a real asset. But he doesn't have the creativity or the decision making to be our first choice winger. Plenty around me in the east stand have really taken against him which I don't understand. Not helped by Jig not brining on Thomas in place late on. Mckenzie was knackered. 

18 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

As you admit yourself, your "memory isn't up to the task." Don't forget to log out! 

Does being unnecessarily unpleasant make you feel better? Do you disagree that AJ was generally well received despite the circumstances of Kenny's departure?  At St Mirren, Thistle and other away games the song that was sung was the two Johnstone's one. All I said was I couldn't remember the exact words. In a previous post you lumped in the treatment AJ got with what MJ got. I recollect differently.

Edited by carpetfitter

12 hours ago, Bbk said:

Yes

We are a team completely devoid of confidence. Dundee made us look like mugs first half hour. First goal was horrendous Gordon Greer not like him at all but he recovered and we should've dealt with it.

Hawkshaw was my MOTM by a country mile, he was everywhere and set up Erwin with a cracker of a through ball only for the big fanny to miss a sitter. 1 on 1s should be a goal every time, don't care how good the keeper is.

Jones is a joy to watch in full flight but he's still got no final product, every shot or cross was poor, wrong decisions all the time.

I felt the goal would come and fair dos to Boyd, he set the goal up well. 

That final chance for Boyd though. No felt such deflation in ages, literally last kick of the game. Iwelumo levels of crap

20 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Does being unnecessarily unpleasant make you feel better? Do you disagree that AJ was generally well received despite the circumstances of Kenny's departure?  At St Mirren, Thistle and other away games the song that was sung was the two Johnstone's one. All I said was I couldn't remember the exact words. In a previous post you lumped in the treatment AJ got with what MJ got. I recollect differently.

I didn't think I was being unpleasant, all I did was quote what you had said and offered you an aid to assist in your potential forgetfulness. I do disagree that AJ was generally well received.