NextWeek

Riverplatekillie

Today was must win and not getting the result heaps even more pressure on us to win next week. Hearts have done us a favour today keeping Partick level on points. Accies, Dundee and County aren’t too far away but I’d much rather close that gap now than sit points behind for any longer.

Its not nice to say but I hope McCulloch is under pressure. What has been served up since the Ayr game has been nowhere near acceptable. It’d be even more worrying if anyone within the club think that anything we’ve seen so far this season is good enough

Next week is a must win. . . but I said that about today and Hamilton. 

I keep thinking about Thomas and his comments he made when he first joined us. Stephen Robinson and the Motherwell staff were trying to make him think about his role defensively as well as going forward and he didn't like this. said when I joined killie McCulloch told him just to play like he was in the playground. 

I watched Motherwell against Aberdeen the other night and they were incredible. I watched us today and we looked like a bunch of kids playing in the playground

Next week ? ..odds on we will see yet another different line up and attempt at another different formation / tactic ....as LM tries vainly to make sense of , on the evidence so far -  the large budget he has squandered ...or is it not properly made use of..

A good win may be a turning point and the team go on a winning run.. but there has been little seen so far to suggest we are capable of doing that..

12 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Next week ? ..odds on we will see yet another different line up and attempt at another different formation / tactic ....as LM tries vainly to make sense of , on the evidence so far -  the large budget he has squandered ...or is it not properly made use of..

A good win may be a turning point and the team go on a winning run.. but there has been little seen so far to suggest we are capable of doing that..

Large budget compared to who ? .Ross County are bankrolled by there chairman so I doubt it's bigger than there's.To my knowledge all McCullochs signings have been out of contract players or frees with no transfer fees involved .Even Hamilton managed to pay a transfer fee.Bad signings maybe but when you are dealing in that market that's what happens a kind of pound shop player,there might be a gem there but more likely not 

With all the talk of the next game being season defining for LM you just know he will pull a " Gary Locke " and somehow spawn a win and we will be stuck with him for a little while longer . I was one of Lee's biggest proponents but it's time to cut our losses asap.

The problem Killie have is that we have a weak board with very little experience in football. I wonder what Monty's opinion is on LM ? Would the board even have the insight to ask him? Or do they see him as just a meet and greet guy for the prawn sandwich brigade ? 

When LM goes this board need to realise that our next manager must be experienced at the level of football that we are operating in and the Aldi option isn't going to cut it. 

Higher Budget as in wages.... ..the outlay this season is far higher than recent years .both in the playing squad and backroom staff

...and would not be too surprised if in relative terms higher than few other teams 

LM was backed by the board and decent wages are getting paid to number of the new players .....question is was this playing budget utilised correctly...

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

Higher Budget as in wages.... ..the outlay this season is far higher than recent years .both in the playing squad and backroom staff

...and would not be too surprised if in relative terms higher than few other teams 

LM was backed by the board and decent wages are getting paid to number of the new players .....question is was this playing budget utilised correctly...

NO

12 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

Hibernian

Ross County

Dundee

Teams above will have a significantly higher wage structure than us. 

I would imagine we are operating in same area as the remaining sides with exception to Hamilton as their budget likely is mid level Championship. 

I agree with what you said re wages being utilised correctly as SJFC have managed to put a fantastic side on the park by operating with a smaller squad. However, on paper I was pleased with almost all signings Lee had made. There is no way that side is a bottom of the league side, but it is a side with no confidence and no clear gameplan. 

I think going forward I have a plan for success. . . 

When Lee McCulloch goes we should give Peter Leven the job on a temporary basis.

Maybe he'll scrape a few decent results in the short term and then we should drag out the will he won't take the job permanently for a few weeks before appointing him on a 3 year contract. 

It's bulletproof.

only thing I would suggest to guarantee this plan definitely works is we should ensure Leven is allowed to appoint his own assistant. This assistant shouldn't have any previous experience but should be good pals with Leven. 

Oh and to fully ensure success Leven should get rid of 90% of the squad next summer and sign an entire new squad of players

Then in the late autumn/early winter of the 2018 season we should appoint Leven's assistant as temporary manager. . . before giving him the job permanently  on a 3 year deal. 

I think there is not a lot of chance of a +ve result next week. We have a Subbuteo midfield and forwards who could not run for a bus.

However I don't think LM feels his job is in any doubt "as we just need time to gel".

I don't expect things to get better any time soon because they have not bottomed out yet. There is no real abuse from the stands, and there is no sense that the RP faithful are dissatisfied with watching their team get gubbed every week.

56 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I think there is not a lot of chance of a +ve result next week. We have a Subbuteo midfield and forwards who could not run for a bus.

However I don't think LM feels his job is in any doubt "as we just need time to gel".

I don't expect things to get better any time soon because they have not bottomed out yet. There is no real abuse from the stands, and there is no sense that the RP faithful are dissatisfied with watching their team get gubbed every week.

We are not actually getting gubbed every week. Last two games have been draws.

It was worrying that a lot of people in the stands were accepting this might be our year yesterday. I wonder if people aren’t being vocal because they know McCulloch is the boards man. They were desperate to give him the job. They appear to have ignored all other candidates in the process. And they will likely give him every opportunity to get things right. Unfortunately things could get really really bad before they realise he won’t. 

With the lack of football people on the board and within the clubs hierarchy I worry that they actually believe what the manager is saying. Jig has used the “we’re not far away” line, “we need time to gel”, “there were plenty of positives”. Do the board have the knowledge or advisor to know if this is true or if he’s spinning them a line. So far you’ve got to say he’s talking crap. 

4 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

We definitely need someone on the board who has football experience or a director of football to advise them. Soon the honeymoon period will be over.

MJ was undoubtedly a total tosser who held the fans in contempt but he had more background and experience at this game than the current board. Mind you that would not be hard.

Bowie needs someone who knows the game on the board pronto.