Gary Dicker

Keith Miller

There has been next to no information from the club with regards his injury which is incredibly strange particularly given the manager has implied he is the missing link. It’s encouraging that he’s been involved in publicity shots recently however the lack of transparency over what’s actually the cause of his absence concerns me.

Edited by Merk

1 hour ago, Maverick11 said:

It was discussed at length at the Mauchline KSC Meet the Manager event. There was a total f**k up when the last physio left and forgot to tell the current physio of Dickers injury and Dicker thought he was fine to play. He played and made it even worse.

Sounds negligent on the outgoing physio's part. 

Was there indication of what the actual injury is? It does seem the club has not been very transparent on this, as has been said above. 

14 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Surely KFC kept a copy of all players medical records on file? Even if the previous physio left on bad terms the medical records of any individual belongs to them not the physio or doctor or the company paying for those services . As such it's up to the individual to request them 

That's a very good point actually. 

20 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Would you expect your employer to make public the detailed reason why you were off work? Why should we demand different privacy standards from Dicker's employers.

If I was a professional football player, operating in the public eye, then yes. Yes I would. 

Investors' and supporters' cash goes directly to paying the wages of the team. The performance of the team is responsible for the survival of the club. As a supporter and shareholder of the club, I would like to know why one of our most valuable* assets is not being put to use. 

*valuable in terms of team performance. At the AGM Lee McCulloch can be quoted as saying he wishes he "had 11 Gary Dickers". 

Edit:

And just to add to the above. If the team were struggling as much as we currently are without him, I would also be expecting a much more accurate relay of his likely return to action. Neither of these have been forthcoming from the club, and it's a little disappointing given the predicament we find ourselves in, and the influence the return of this player could have over that situation. 

Edited by jesper
Add paragraph

5 hours ago, jesper said:

Sounds negligent on the outgoing physio's part. 

Was there indication of what the actual injury is? It does seem the club has not been very transparent on this, as has been said above. 

Lee did say why the injury was but I can't remember to be honest. He was open about it to be fair. If the press don't ask the questions then it won't get much publicity which is why the club will have been quiet on the issue

Worryingly heard at the weekend that he is not planning on renewing his contract as he doesn't like playing on our pitch. The same goes for Kiltie. I'll be honest and say that I don't buy into our pitch being any worse to play on than a grass pitch, but these things get into a players head and it psychologically affects their attitude. This is probably the main reason we should return to a grass pitch as soon as possible, the players it has and will lose us, rightly or wrongly, is far more important than any other concerns.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Stomach muscle strain or tear, iirc.

I tore that once, ironically at Hamilton Palace on the old sticky carpet dance floor!!

Felt like I'd been stabbed and took months to get over it. Just movement in general or how to sit watching TV was an ordeal. 

Then again he should have the best treatment the club can buy!!