Jim McInyre. - fired

historyman

Has been suggested before, but if it goes "t@@s" up on Saturday, it appears ( from Wikipedia ) that Owen Coyle is not working at moment.  How about him ( experienced, reasonably successful, and knows the Scottish game ), supported by Gary Holt who can bring commitment, dedication and passion along with being one of our biggest supporters. Just a thought.

20 minutes ago, Keith Miller said:

Has been suggested before, but if it goes "t@@s" up on Saturday, it appears ( from Wikipedia ) that Owen Coyle is not working at moment.  How about him ( experienced, reasonably successful, and knows the Scottish game ), supported by Gary Holt who can bring commitment, dedication and passion along with being one of our biggest supporters. Just a thought.

LM has a lot of f**king up to do before we are anywhere near there. At present we are not even points adrift at the bottom.

I am not saying being bottom of the league is in any way an acceptable position to be in for me. It may be the worst league position KFC have been in in 24 years in the top league but it doesn't seem to upset the board or the majority of fans around me, or the team. The lack of desire to get off the bottom of the league shown by the team on Saturday was extremely disappointing and I don't expect anything to change any time soon.   

I don't feel like McIntyre is the answer to our problem. Only thing we've had close to a manager since Shiels was Clark where we undertook a proper process.

Last time we undertook such a process was Mixu. On paper prior to his appointment none of us were particularly impressed but in reality he had a vision and plan fortge club that must have come across in interview.

It will be a month or two until this debate has any purposeas the board won't pull the trigger any time soon. I wouldn't wait any longer than past this weekend for a first win. Few managers get 8 games without a win and remain in post. If anything the only impact of Rossco shuffling the hand is that it may make someone at RP realise there may need to be a decision made soon. 

You're probably right, but surely LM and the board will be bricking it, knowing that RC have just booted their manager when he has a better record than us this season.  However the wider point is that two home wins out of seventeen where LM has been involved is simply not good enough.  Time to admit mistakes and move forward.

Being honest I’d have bitten your hand off for McIntyre as manager. After reading comments in this thread I had a look through some online stuff and I’d certainly think twice now. 

If/when we do relieve Jig of his duties it’s important that we go through the right channels. Promoting from within has backfired already and at the moment is doing so again.

Players opinion unless very serious IMO is not relevant. They’ve campaigned for Locke and McCulloch but just don’t play for them when their preferred candidate gets the jobs. 

Get someone in to help advise the board and make sure we get any future appointment correct

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think Staggies would have sacked him unless (a) He had done something that merited sacking, or (b) There was somebody that McGregor wanted who was now available.

Not Houston, decent coach, very average manager. If they appoint Houston they are going down.

Let's hope the appoint Houston then 

McIntyre would be an absolute disaster of an appointment. How some on here think he's the answer astounds me!

He's got a budget that dwarfs all clubs outside the big cities... what makes you think working on a shoe string budget at Killie will work for him?

He was carried by a striker who scored more goals in Scotland than even the '£30m wanted by every club in the world' man Dembele. 

Take his goals away from them and they'd have been relegated. He's now gone and unsurprisingly cracks are beginning to show. 

He won the cup with us. He will always be a Killie legend for that but he's if he is our new manager then we're as well just planning for lower league football for the next few years. 

3 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

As much as I like the idea of him at the helm we need to stop this merry go round of "nod and a wink" appointments.

This is how we ended up with AJ, GL and LM.

We need to sack LM, open the post up for applications and then hold an interview process where the top 5 or 10 candidates are brought in and grilled by board, along with a fans' rep. Something like the way they appoint headteachers at schools and have a parent council rep on the panel.

The last team who did that appointed the guy who was doing the interviews .The candidates were deemed not good enough or didn't want the job .The same ones who will be in for the County job and and any  future Killie one 

Edited by Killiepies

4 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

The same ones who will be in for the County job and and any  future Killie one 

Be interesting to see if this is the case. County will no doubt financially offer closer to Hearts than we could. There is still a geographical issue though. Plenty of people not prepared to move up there even for the right money. For certain people the central belt would be much more appealing

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

McIntyre would be an absolute disaster of an appointment. How some on here think he's the answer astounds me!

He's got a budget that dwarfs all clubs outside the big cities... what makes you think working on a shoe string budget at Killie will work for him?

He was carried by a striker who scored more goals in Scotland than even the '£30m wanted by every club in the world' man Dembele. 

Take his goals away from them and they'd have been relegated. He's now gone and unsurprisingly cracks are beginning to show. 

He won the cup with us. He will always be a Killie legend for that but he's if he is our new manager then we're as well just planning for lower league football for the next few years. 

Agree with this, as soon as they sold Boyce I expected them to struggle. 

3 hours ago, Killie_Damo said:

I would happily have McIntyre here but not with Dodds.  Fowler was a big part of his success at Queens and I think he missed him big time at County.  Would take them as a partnership but not McIntyre on his own or with Dodds.

Missed him when? they had a top six finish and won a trophy. 

Dont understand the anti-Dodds comments on here. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they aren't good at their job. 

Mcinytre and Dodds together have been way, way more successful than the last three previous Killie managers and the current one. 

Take his goals away from them and they'd have been relegated. He's now gone and unsurprisingly cracks are beginning to show

He signed the striker in the first place and got RC a record transfer fee when he was sold. 

He did the same with Jackson Irvine. 

Looking at his track record I don't understand why fans wouldn't prefer him to our current manager. 

14 minutes ago, historyman said:

He signed the striker in the first place and got RC a record transfer fee when he was sold. 

He did the same with Jackson Irvine. 

Looking at his track record I don't understand why fans wouldn't prefer him to our current manager. 

Personally I wouldn't want any of them at the club. I'm fed up with our bargain basement appointments or the usual manager merry go round. 

I want a manager that genuinely excites me. One with a proven track record. Pie in the sky stuff but imagine if Killie were linked with Tommy Wright... the buzz, the excitement, the genuine thought that someone is the man to make us a top six side. 

Thinking back, Jefferies was last appointment I was excited about. I was quite intrigued when I heard we had spoken to Billy Davies and felt he was the man to really stamp his authority on the club. 

Alex McLeish is without a club? For me the manager is the most important piece of the jigsaw and that's the one "position" we should be pushing the boat out to secure. 

The time for experimentation and untried management is over. Time for stability to establish us as a top side again before we look at the Gary Holts of the world and suchlike. 

Thata just my views mate. 

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Personally I wouldn't want any of them at the club. I'm fed up with our bargain basement appointments or the usual manager merry go round. 

I want a manager that genuinely excites me. One with a proven track record. Pie in the sky stuff but imagine if Killie were linked with Tommy Wright... the buzz, the excitement, the genuine thought that someone is the man to make us a top six side. 

Thinking back, Jefferies was last appointment I was excited about. I was quite intrigued when I heard we had spoken to Billy Davies and felt he was the man to really stamp his authority on the club. 

Alex McLeish is without a club? For me the manager is the most important piece of the jigsaw and that's the one "position" we should be pushing the boat out to secure. 

The time for experimentation and untried management is over. Time for stability to establish us as a top side again before we look at the Gary Holts of the world and suchlike. 

Totally agree wholeheartedly with you mate.

35 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

And very agreeable ones they are too. Nailed it, imho. 

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

A budget larger than everybody other than Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs then? So around sixth place which is the sort of place they will be competing for.

I'm not sure where this massive budget is spent. They haven't paid fees other than for Irvine, and McIntyre seems to have signed well in the continental market. Can these guys really be on such grand salaries? None of them are household names in their own homes.

It's worth remembering too that County won the Development League last season.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

He signed (Liam Boyce)....

Derek Adams did.

20 minutes ago, skygod said:

A budget larger than everybody other than Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs then? So around sixth place which is the sort of place they will be competing for.

I'm not sure where this massive budget is spent. They haven't paid fees other than for Irvine, and McIntyre seems to have signed well in the continental market. Can these guys really be on such grand salaries? None of them are household names in their own homes.

Bear in mind that Hibs have just come back up, and Hearts only come back a couple of seasons ago. Ross Co managed to offer more cash for players such as Gardyne, Irvine and Gordon (who had spells for us). They also offered more cash to a couple of other players who were touted to Killie by their agents but followed the cash up North.

They’ve certainly outbid other clubs in terms of wages for a number of players. Jim O'Brien had offers from ourselves and Motherwell but opted for County. They have brought player up from a decent level down South. Certainly a level players are leaving our league for higher wages. It’s presumption County are matching that I know but is it realistic those players are uprooting for less

In terms of spending they’ve just forked our a substantial sum for Draper have they not. I think they paid a development fee for the lad Naismith from St Mirren. Absolutely no problem if you can afford it we long for the days Killie could afford other teams best players