CONFESSION TIME...

WIGHT and BLUE

Heading back to The IOW Saturday after a couple of weeks back home.

The original plan was to watch the Ross County game then drive down to Preston... stop overnight... then the home leg on the Sunday. 

However, so disillusioned am I with the funeral atmosphere at Rugby Park and the product on the pitch, I've decided to head back south on the Saturday morning!  So, I've just phoned PNE and bought a ticket to see Preston vs Sunderland. 

Surely this will be more watchable than last week's Dundee game.

53 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

The original plan was to watch the Ross County game then drive down to Preston... stop overnight... then the home leg on the Sunday. 

However, so disillusioned am I with the funeral atmosphere at Rugby Park and the product on the pitch, I've decided to head back south on the Saturday morning!  So, I've just phoned PNE and bought a ticket to see Preston vs Sunderland. 

Good for you

55 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Fully understand where you're coming from. Moved to Yorkshire 4 years ago myself, disillusionedwith Scottish football I ventured to the local teams, and now been a season ticket holder at Bradford and it is completely night and day both on and off the pitch. From £149 season tickets to actually playing decent football on the pitch and having the fans properly behind the team.

I'll always support and love Killie (was at Aberdeen away the other week) but I am finding it more and more difficult to look forward to going to games when I'm up home. ATM it's embarrassing being a Killie fan, I twisted a few colleagues arms to go out for a few drinks for the Hearts tv game towards end of last season and spent the whole 90 mins being mocked with "have yous received a stadium ban for rowdy behaviour" and "are there any home fans there?"

People may sneer with "Good for you" comments but incidents like these need to be addressed!

While I fully intend to continue attending RP as I have for the past 50 years  it's now more out of habit, and being able to avoid going round the shops with Mrs Gnu, I fully understand why people are stopping going.

Zero entertainment, zero atmosphere and zero indication that anythings going to change anytime soon.

I wonder just how many new fans we have attracted over the past few years.

Why do I do it? F*ck knows,apart from simply being died in the wool Killie.

Sh....I think the men in white coats are coming...................

34 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Thought the Dundee game was an ok match.

im a Kilmarnock supporter and even a s**te Kilmarnock game is better than watching a game where you have no aliegence umo.

I thought the quality was as bad as I've seen, long punt up and hope, every time. I agree with your 2nd point though.

3 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Cool story. 

You'll certainly improve it by deciding to watch English football. 

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

Thought the Dundee game was an ok match.

im a Kilmarnock supporter and even a s**te Kilmarnock game is better than watching a game where you have no aliegence umo.

In what way do you mean "better"?

Better as in quality or better as in "I'm an uber fan and you're no"

Edited by KillieBantam

Some people clearly don't remember the 80s under Clunie, Morrison and to a lesser extent Fleeting. Or what being a supporter is all about. No wonder we have so few members of the Trust of FTTF.

God help us if we get relegated it will be like rats abandoning ship.

I live down south and watch English football but still have a season ticket at Rugby Park and get up when I can. Killie will always come first. That feeling of your true love can never be fully replicated. 

Odd coincidence as my home city is Preston and I was at the Dundee match.

The standard was dreadful and I have to say light years below what you'll see at Deepdale.

I agree about the atmosphere at RP too! Preston atmosphere will be good with return of Simon Grayson who'll be desperate for a win.

All the same I'd be watching Killie on Saturday (215 miles each way compared to 60) if I could.

3 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Some people clearly don't remember the 80s under Clunie, Morrison and to a lesser extent Fleeting. 

I do. trips to exotic East Stirling and windswept Arbroath. Humiliated at home by Stranrar. I have no wish to go back there. It still doesn't make the long punt and hope crap currently on display at RP any more palatable.

9 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Went to a Sunderland v Southampton game as a birthday "treat" for my son , good experience with all the build up beforehand around the ground but a s**t game with s**t atmosphere , don't understand how people can get over excited about a team they don't support.

But hey great story with dramatic effect.