Injury update

Killiepie

Lee McCulloch has provided updates on how some of his injured players are progressing ahead of the international break.

Captain Steven Smith has had a scan on a back injury with the club awaiting the results to determine the extent of the injury.

Gary Dicker has suffered a setback in his recovery from an abdominal injury and is likely to be out of action for another six weeks.

Attacker Greg Kiltie is continuing his recovery from broken ankle suffered in our last encounter with Ross County. The attacker is still around two months away from returning to action.

Scotland U21 international Iain Wilson has had tests on the knee injury picked up in the 1-1 draw with Aberdeen earlier this month.

While there had been fears the 18-year-old may miss the rest of the season, scans have shown the injury is serious but not as severe as first thought.

The teenager is still set to be out of action for 3-4 months. 

28 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

I hate to sound like the guys agent or anything but is Scott Boyd fit?. If he is, he can strengthen midfield. This would let the creative players like Frizzel free to do what they're good at.

That’s a risk adding another out of position player to the starting eleven and asking them to hold the team together. 

There are plenty of free agents out there. We now know we won’t have three important players until the end of November or into December. Go out and get someone until January. Plenty said we are short in CM before the injuries and now four players Jig obviously felt would help make up our midfield are out it’s obvious we should have added another in there.

Smith injured again. We’d be as well ripping his contract up. While we are at it get Power hunted as well. 

Gary Dicker out for another 6 weeks is a disaster the lack of midfield players signed over the summer is going to cost us dear imo. Even if someone else comes in now he has feck all to work with, I hope Jig has a plan but right now I can't see what it is. Keep reading we have a decent squad on paper but who are they ? cause I don't know who they are. Bowie and Kiltie apparently backed Lee financially but for me the money was wasted. Give me Lee Clark's loanee duds over this mob any day at least they could be got to f ck without much fuss. Broadfoot on a 3 year deal dear oh dear

I'm ready to be shot down in flames for this, but how much worse would our midfield be if Scott Boyd or Broadfoot was put in as the holding midfielder?

The Drongan Destroyer may be (sorry, defo IS) pish in defence but just maybe his strength and experience could make a difference further forward.

At least if he f*cked up he wouldn't be the last defender and gift any more goals.

He must be on a decent wage why not try him in another position, 

We've tried everything else.

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I'm ready to be shot down in flames for this, but how much worse would our midfield be if Scott Boyd or Broadfoot was put in as the holding midfielder?

The Drongan Destroyer may be (sorry, defo IS) pish in defence but just maybe his strength and experience could make a difference further forward.

At least if he f*cked up he wouldn't be the last defender and gift any more goals.

Have to disagree strongly. Broadfud would be terrible in midfield  Mind you LM is capable of such a masterstroke. 

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

In terms of adding a bit of power and fight then I don’t think there would be a problem in putting either in. Sadly those aren’t the only aspects our midfield lacks and I don’t think either CBs would bring the quality to help us dictate a midfield. 

One thing McCulloch did say early in pre season was that Higgins is capable of playing in a midfield role. I’m surprised that he hasn’t tried him in there so far to increase the physicality.

May not see much if anything of Dicker or Kiltie this side of the new year and then they will need time to get up to speed.

Doesn't look like we have many other options to try in the middle of the park. Not sure we are going to survive this year. 

McCulloch's signings, a lot of which looked good on paper, have left us way short in midfield. How on earth could he have signed Power who is clearly a mile away from the standard needed? I would love to know if he ever saw him play. He certainly saw him training for long enough in pre-season and still played him against Ayr. Massive mistake.

And signing Bell when we clearly needed to strengthen in the middle was another huge misjudgement.

It looks like those are the kind of decisions that will get him fired.