Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

Alex McLeish is a name I keep thinking of but I worry he’d be a poor appointment as he’s been out of the game for a while.

Whoever it is I would hope the board take the right action when appointing him. Take applications and a proper interview process. I’d like them to take an adviser on for any future hiring process. Someone like Craig Brown perhaps although he is still in a position at Aberdeen I believe. 

Id like someone with an air of authority about them. Not necessarily liked by the players but respected by them. Someone who won’t stand for bulls**t. Someone who can organise a team and get them doing the basics.

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Alex McLeish is a name I keep thinking of but I worry he’d be a poor appointment as he’s been out of the game for a while.

Whoever it is I would hope the board take the right action when appointing him. Take applications and a proper interview process. I’d like them to take an adviser on for any future hiring process. Someone like Craig Brown perhaps although he is still in a position at Aberdeen I believe. 

Id like someone with an air of authority about them. Not necessarily liked by the players but respected by them. Someone who won’t stand for bulls**t. Someone who can organise a team and get them doing the basics.

Agree 100% with this. My thoughts exactly. 

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

Would make a change from the reasonably young ex-player we've gone for recently.  Have to agree.  We have no time to gamble on yet another inexperienced manager.

Would hope that the board stick some money into hiring someone with a bit of a successful history. 

Somebody with EXPERIENCE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU'VE GOT NONE!

Jimmy Mac? Yes

No on Pressley for me, canny get over his arseholeness back in the Falkirk days.

Billy Davies I'd take. So far up his own arse it's untrue but he's proven himself everywhere he's been. Couldn't care less about what's gone on with him over last few years.

Hartley, no thanks. See Johnston, Locke, McCulloch.

Who else is out there? 

Need someone to galvanise players, club, fans, EVERYONE! 

Next appointment crucial.

Ian Cathro's laptop. Some quality FM saved games on it.

Lawrie McKinna. Can double up as mayor.

Stuart Baxter. Keeps a bag packed any time a manager's jaicket is on a shoogly peg.

Stuart McCall. Is actually quite a very no bad manager.

Dick Campbell. We'll need his lower league experience...

Who would you avoid? For me Hughes and McCoist have to be steered well clear of. With the greatest respect to Gary Holt I’m not sure now is the time for him. Hartley, Houston etc are uninspiring but so was Mixu. I’d have taken McIntyre up until this week when reading and listening to stuff about him put me off. 

Alex McLeish is totally overrated. Good enough with Scotland. OK with Rangers, but with the resources he had, you and me would look good, so that doesn't count. Every other team he has managed has gone down hill under him. Billiy Daves wouldn't be satisfied with our budget, and you know he would self combust at some point. 

We need an experienced manager, wh can work with a restricted budget and sees the Killie job as a good one. 

Step forward Jim Duffy.