Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

I think he'll get Partick game at least, which is just delaying the inevitable imo. I don't think he has what it takes to drag us out the mire. 

Said after the Hamilton game it was pointless giving him up to the two home games. We've shown absolutely no progress really since he took over. He's had a transfer window and went with tried and tested, in his eyes, but almost every one's been a disaster. 

Where the f**k do we go from here, apart from down? 

9 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

No one with Rangers connections please. They're a spent force and propping up their hasbeens has become tiresome.

What a daft thing to say!

You would reject Derek McInnes or Alex McLeish? Billy Davies or Stuart McCall?

You need to get over your prejudice.

12 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

I think he'll get Partick game at least..

Rationally you have to give him the 11 games. We are not even detached yet, still on the same points as Thistle.

..........................which is just delaying the inevitable imo. 

He is clearly clueless and out of this depth like AJ so yes I agree.

Where the f**k do we go from here, apart from down? 

TBH there is a lot of absolf**kingutecrap in the league so all may not yet be lost. Rossco are pure dung, as are Hamilton and Dundee. I think Plastic are the only team who will pull away by Christmas. Where do we go now? well first and foremost Lee has to go, but it's hard top see the Board growing a set in the near future so I predict several results like today into November. Once we've gone say 15 or so games without a win it's gong to get so embarrassing the even Bowie will be forced to do something. Then, it depends what he does. The situation is not beyond recovery, mainly because of the large volume of crap in the league, but it does critically depend on what Bowie does.  

If he begins to recognise his hotel business and corporate hospitality i9nterests are in fact linked to team performance then it is possible he might get someone in who knows what he is doing. but I have to say it is looking like Championship football next year from where I am sitting. 

Edited by gdevoy

Whilst Lee clearly is having his challenges, the issues go further than that.  The pace at which we've gone through the last 4 managers for me is a function of the leadership void we've had at the football club for years.

we've got to be realistic about the level of change that can be achieved over the next two weeks ahead of the next vital game against Thistle.  I'd start with:

1.  Bowie, the CEO, or A.N. Other suitable club representative needs to set out a Vision for the next 3/5 years,  What are the Goals we're setting to get us there, and the short term actions we're taking to make that happen?  If that's top-flight survival, with a growing fan ownership base through Trust in Killie, an ambition for a local training base, to allow us to move back to grass at RP - I'd buy it.  Don't assume the fans and the players know the vision, spell it out to us.  Give everyone something to buy into and work towards, and importantly hold yourself accountable to.  It's no co-incidence that the clubs with the strongest leadership in the SPFL are by and large the most successful.

2.  I'd ban the players from all media activity out-with the promotion of KFC.  Any player that scores 100 + goals for our club deserves respect, but you can't maximise your contribution on the pitch, if you are juggling appearances at BBC,Sky, etc.  It's not just the impact it has on your own performances, it's the impression it gives to the younger players - that you can do it, that not being 100% focussed on your primary job is OK, that you'll still be successful even if you are juggling various commitments.

3. Our ticketing system will tell us all the Season Ticket holders who have attended every home match so far this season.  How many would that be?  1.5k, 2k?  They deserve recognition, and the players could do with connecting with their emotions.  We'll have 25/30 players on the books, and 14 days to the next game.  Get calling them, talk to them, thank them for giving their time and money to what has been a huge let down so far.  Convince them that they should go to Maryhill and help dig us out of the hole that the team have got us into.  That they can help us take the first step towards achieving the goals and the vision.

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

He's actually managing a club in Columbia.....

Why would I have even suggested him I mean a footballer who graced our club with probably more tactical awareness in his wee toe than any of the four previous numpties we have endured so I bow to all of your better knowledge of a football managers so please accept my apologies.

There is no sense in letting LM lead us into the Partick game. Even if we win that game the almost inevitable defeats against Rangers and Celtic that will follow will sap any lift the squad receives from that. The only way to navigate those fixtures and the morale dent they will bring is if there is a sense of a new purpose about the club that a new manager would (hopefully) bring. 

For me this needs to be a long-term appointment. If you look at the disarray for years at Hibs that has been turned around by the appointment of Lennon (much as I can't stand the man) and the constant underachieving Aberdeen team that has been eradicated by McInnes you can see the difference a calibre manager can make to an entire club. A similar appointment is required - someone in it for the long haul and invested in completely revitalising the club. 

I don't know who that person is but I don't think the likes of Duffy, Hughes, Davies, etc fit the bill. A very big decision looming...

50 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Why would I have even suggested him I mean a footballer who graced our club with probably more tactical awareness in his wee toe than any of the four previous numpties we have endured so I bow to all of your better knowledge of a football managers so please accept my apologies.

It was a ridiculous suggestion to be fair. You are off your nut if you think because he was a good player for us that he would be a good manager. 

11 hours ago, skygod said:

What a daft thing to say!

You would reject Derek McInnes or Alex McLeish? Billy Davies or Stuart McCall?

You need to get over your prejudice.

Strong words skygod. No prejudice here, simply having a dig at the current manager and his recruitment policy.

As for the others you mention, McInnes wouldn't come and for the rest see previous reference to spent force.

Needs to be an open recruitment process to see who is actually interested in taking over. People forget that there are hundreds of former managers unemployed at any given time. No matter how bad a position we are in there will be plenty of people who will want to chance their arm at relaunching their career at a scottish premiership club.

What's important is the process itself.

We should use the video analysis guy to create situational videos showing our goals conceded this season and how the manager would coach them to deal with these situations. They should also be allowed to asses the backroom staff to see how they need to upgrade the backroom infrastructure do they need additional coaches, data analysis experts or even some form of new technology that is present in the game that can help with training? 

Ask them what type of player they feel they need or what sort of age group they plan to recruit from? (20-25 -25-30 30+) 

If a player goes on tv talking excessively about another club how would you deal with this and make sure they stay focused on the job at hand ? 

What do they feel is behind our abysmal home form and what step will be taken to address this? 

On a similar vein what do they feel is an acceptable points total from the home games left?  

When need to make sure we pick the right person and it's up to club to grill the person during the interview process to find out every last detail of what they plan to do when we hire them. Otherwise we are just taking another shot in the dark.           

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Just sack him and see who applies. Personally I'd rather we brought in a manager who hasn't been completely pre-judged on here before getting the job.

He must go now though.

The sad thing is every potential candidate will have someone who would take issue with their appointment. We’ve seen it with every manager since JJ left and probably before that. Everyone wants the club to succeed but there is always an individual or group waiting for the manager to fail. He’s too old, too young, an ex hun, doesn’t know the Scottish game, only knows the Scottish game, jobs for the boys. Add to that anything else you’ve heard people say even before someone has the job.

I have no idea who would be good. Duffy doesn't inspire me but I suppose that's the level we are at. David Hopkin is doing well at Livingston and has experience of playing in England, but he would be another inexperienced manager. It doesn't help that we don't have a chairman who would stand up and take responsibility for the success or failure of the person selected.

Edited by Wrangodog
Extra "s"

Theres is no point in discussing new managers. Lets be honest will our gutless board actually take the decision to admit they're wrong and sack him?? I hope i'm wrong but i cannot see it. 

If and hopefully when he does leave/sack, when then open up for applications, see who's available, stay clear of usual names, there are plenty managers out of work. Steve Lomas is one that hasn't been talked about if i was to have a quick pick, it would be him, done it with St Johnstone then failed at Millwall, will be looking to get his name back again?

Right now we are on a relegation express.     

If a new manager comes in will they be given a slight budget for players, a midfield i left yesterday and said Martin Smith we let go, i honestly think he would walk straight jnto our starting 11, thats how poor it is.

Depressing Days until some major changes happen.