Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

First thing would be see who applies and if required advertise.

if the board doesn't fell comfortable in full interview process take onboard the vast experience in the background like monty, millen, di gaciamo, macdonald.

set criteria.

no one with the slightest old filth connection. If this is even mentioned during interview process, sorry but no thanks.

at least 5 years managerial experience at reasonable level

a hard taskmaster like" seargant in full metal jacket". 

Not licensed by Largs mafia ( only applies if you're Scottish).

experienced in set up and tactics

connections that go beyond Hadrians wall and old pals act.

confident in talking to the press about own team and not pander to the usual old filth pish.

all of the above should be good start.

Reading some of folks choices .wide ranging as they are ...and some very left field ...

..wonder when , hopefully soon. a TIK representative gets on the board how would they vote in such a future decision ...would they have to run a fans poll first or just go with their own thoughts after considering the applicant put forward by other board members.

It all comes down to who we can afford but off the top of my head some like Paul Lambert, Steve Clarke, Alan Stubbs or Alex Mcleish. These guys have a good playing and managerial experience. Whether they’d want to come to us or we could afford them is a different story. 

I just think we need to look a bit further afield than the usual Scottish merry go round of managers that are mentioned on here like Hughes, Houston etc

People need to get this OF connection thing out of their heads it’s starting to sound like a broke record. We want the best candidate for the job. The best manager we can get. It doesn’t matter if he’s connect to Killie, Celtic, Ranger, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan or dare I say it Ayr United. As long as we get the right man for the job. 

I've touted Steve Clarke Ann's would probably back him again. Reckon he'd take no nonsense. 

Paul Lambert could be looking to get his career on track as would David Moyes. Again neither would be a pushover. 

Going a bit more left field how about Joe Jordan?  Might fancy a crack at being numero uno and would give the players a right kick up the arse. 

Paul Dickov another possible.  Was going to suggest Gary McAllister but not sure he'd give up his role at Liverpool

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, 18yardhero said:

I'd cut off my left plum for Stevie Clark, probably doesn't need the money any more, could manage our lot in his sleep no doubt.

At 7 mins - http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/videos/interviews/steve-clarke-ftbpro-interview-2/

The trouble with these guys is they are used to working with quality players and big budgets at big clubs with potential.

Killie is a tough sell, potential is very limited.  

Think of your own line of work - you see the same job repeatedly being advertised. You would think, "Why is that - there must be something wrong when they are always looking for someone new to fill that job?"

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

At 7 mins - he was on gardening leave with WBA until 31 May and is desperate to get back in.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/videos/interviews/steve-clarke-ftbpro-interview-2/

The trouble with these guys is they are used to working with quality players and big budgets at big clubs with potential.

Killie is a tough sell, potential is very limited.  

Think of your own line of work - you see the same job repeatedly being advertised. You would think, "Why is that - there must be something wrong when they are always looking for someone new to fill that job?"

With regards to your first comment they are also used to working against better players and managers. Does that even the lack of quality in our own group against what they are used to out?