Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

Was wondering about his choice of assistant. Does he have a guy he’s taken to other clubs with him? Would he bring his own man from down south or someone experienced in the SPFL. Would there be room in the budget for both. Plenty of candidates out there and for the right offer some of the bookies candidates for the job would probably take it on.

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Was wondering about his choice of assistant. Does he have a guy he’s taken to other clubs with him? Would he bring his own man from down south or someone experienced in the SPFL. Would there be room in the budget for both. Plenty of candidates out there and for the right offer some of the bookies candidates for the job would probably take it on.

Will he be manager (if appointed).  He was Head Coach at WBA from what I saw on Wikipedia.  Could be KFC's first Head Coach?

9 minutes ago, Killie_Damo said:

He had 2 assistants at WBA (Kevin Keen - now coach at Crystal Palace and Keith Downing - now England U19 manager).  Keen was also his assistant at Reading.

I'm sure he has enough contacts in the game to find a very strong backroom team.

Sounds good, but doesn't sound cheap. It would be interesting to know how we'd be funding  a bigger name manager and assistant if it happens. I presume there'll be payouts  to McCulloch, Leven and hopefully some of their more questionable signings to also consider.

Just now, skygod said:

Don't want to get caught up in the premature euphoria but it would make sense to bring in someone with Scottish experience, who knows the players and teams.

Why? We didn't do it with Shiels under Mixu & that was our most successful period in the last 10 years......I don't buy into we must have someone with experience in either SPFL or connected to Killie.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Why? We didn't do it with Shiels under Mixu & that was our most successful period in the last 10 years......I don't buy into we must have someone with experience in either SPFL or connected to Killie.

Mixu knew the Scottish game. Clarke hasn't worked in Scotland since he played for St Mirren about 30 years ago.

I didn't say anything about having Killie connections.

Anyway, I deleted my post because it's idle speculation until we know who is getting the job.

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

Mixu knew the Scottish game. Clarke hasn't worked in Scotland since he played for St Mirren about 30 years ago.

I didn't say anything about having Killie connections.

Anyway, I deleted my post because it's idle speculation until we know who is getting the job.

hate hearing 'he doesnt know the scottish game'. sure he knows enough about it!

Edited by Alasdair