Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

Clarke fits the bill Baz described earlier in the thread, definitely head and shoulders above the rest of the candidates and of a much higher calibre than we could ever have hoped for surely? Medals as a player, medals as a coach, tactical knowledge aplenty, more contacts than Specsavers and can you imagine the amount of respect the players would have for him given what he's achieved in the game! No more toilet bag nonsense. I'd imagine he'd be loaded so money wouldn't be a motivating factor, let's hope that if we are talking to him (not spotted in ASDA yet) that we can sell him a club that has potential to go places other than down.

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Is it not Paul Clarke, Killie player back in the 70's & 80's

Mr Paul Clarke.  Or least's that what I referred to him when my Dads introduced me to him in Macks Bar.  Seemed Killie through and through..

Edited by RAG

12 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Sky sources understand Mixu Paatelainen is under consideration by the @OfficialKillie board to replace Lee McCulloch as the club's manager.

If it is to be Mixu, thats underwhelming and goes against what @baz was told in his post about not bringing anyone back.  I'd be disappointed if it were him as he's done nothing to fill me with optimism based on his struggle at Dundee Utd. No thanks.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

If it is to be Mixu, thats underwhelming and goes against what @baz was told in his post about not bringing anyone back.  I'd be disappointed if it were him as he's done nothing to fill me with optimism based on his struggle at Dundee Utd. No thanks.

Would prefer jimmy mac over mixu if clarke isn't happening

18 minutes ago, RAG said:

Mr Paul Clarke.  Or least's that what I referred to him when my Dads introduced me to him in Macks Bar.  Seemed Killie through and through..

Was our local Bobby when I was a boy. Met him two or three times and he'd always stop to watch if we were playing fitba. Liked to see us all out in Killie tops. 

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

9 hours ago, skygod said:

That's the trouble though - you can have nagging doubts about every candidate. 

I think Steve Clarke would be a great choice but the cost of him and the team he would want to bring would be astronomical, I think. 

Guys who operate at his level have assistants, coaches, fitness coaches, sports scientists, scouts, analysts etc to support them. 

How would he do without them? 

This is the basics that EVERY club should have! 

I’d personally put money towards bringing Clarke in. 

This would be the biggest appointment to happen to our club in my generation. 

Look at the buzz that’s appeared in here since he got put favourite, I’d actually look forward to the cold wet nights  in a dark dens Park. 

This could be the moment our club is totally overhauled. 

Steve Clarke would be a fantastic appointment! Has coached at great clubs and workers under some terrific managers.

It all feels a little to good to be true and we’re getting our hopes and will be disappointed when Mixu or McIntyre are unveiled. Keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime it’s going to be Clarke!