Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

Steve Clarke's managerial record is poor. He was a great player and a very good coach but that doesn't make him a good manager, and if he rebuilds his managerial career with us he would be off like a shot. I doubt if any of the candidates has a successful managerial record or they wouldn't be considering us. There's plenty that I don't want but nobody that I feel is the right person for the job. 

The longer this is going on the more I feel we’re going to be really underwhelmed with who is appointed. The possibility of Clarke potentially taking the job just seems too good to be true and we’re getting our hopes up only to be disappointed by who eventually gets it. I really hope I’m wrong though. 

heard from a person who works in at the Killie gym today the office where the interviews are getting held is directly above the gym, Stubbs, Jimmy Mac, Jorge Costa, Mixu, Gary Holt have all been interviewed and from the sounds of it Jorge Costa is very much in the running for the job 

1 minute ago, kmck18 said:

heard from a person who works in at the Killie gym today the office where the interviews are getting held is directly above the gym, Stubbs, Jimmy Mac, Jorge Costa, Mixu, Gary Holt have all been interviewed and from the sounds of it Jorge Costa is very much in the running for the job 

From that list, Costa is the one I’m least excited about. Please see current Rangers manager for proof of what happens when you appoint a foreigner without a knowledge of Scottish football!

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

From that list, Costa is the one I’m least excited about. Please see current Rangers manager for proof of what happens when you appoint a foreigner without a knowledge of Scottish football!

Don't really buy that to be honest, just because the Rangers manger is mince doesn't mean Costa would be, so if mourinho cone up and managed us he'd be crap too because he doesn't have a knowledge of Scottish football what a load of crap 

25 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Steve Clarke's managerial record is poor. He was a great player and a very good coach but that doesn't make him a good manager, and if he rebuilds his managerial career with us he would be off like a shot. I doubt if any of the candidates has a successful managerial record or they wouldn't be considering us. There's plenty that I don't want but nobody that I feel is the right person for the job. 

f**k me it must be miserable being you 

6 minutes ago, kmck18 said:

Don't really buy that to be honest, just because the Rangers manger is mince doesn't mean Costa would be, so if mourinho cone up and managed us he'd be crap too because he doesn't have a knowledge of Scottish football what a load of crap 

As you used Jose, I’ll use him too. Jose has a proven track record at the biggest clubs in the biggest leagues in the world. Two of which were British. 

Costa on the other hand doesn’t. In fact I don’t even recognise a name of any club he’s even managed at. 

Is that the man to lead us from the bottom of the league? Too much of a gamble for me! 

22 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Steve Clarke's managerial record is poor. He was a great player and a very good coach but that doesn't make him a good manager, and if he rebuilds his managerial career with us he would be off like a shot.

You're spot on, but we all want a successful manager, and one being chased by other clubs is a good place to be, so doesn't concern me at all.  Would love Steve Clarke to give it a shot.

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

As you used Jose, I’ll use him too. Jose has a proven track record at the biggest clubs in the biggest leagues in the world. Two of which were British. 

Costa on the other hand doesn’t. In fact I don’t even recognise a name of any club he’s even managed at. 

Is that the man to lead us from the bottom of the league? Too much of a gamble for me! 

It doesn't matter who we appoint it's going to be a gamble, I don't particularly want Costa myself, but am open minded to the fact that it might not be a bad thing fresh approach different style to how we have played over the last 3-4 years 

My concern with an exotic manager is that they may have worked with the best managers over the years, but it's not so easy to deliver those same messages to players at our level.  No disrespect intended, but our players are with us for a reason, and may not have the ability to follow Champions League tactics, and would the manager have the tactical nous to develop tactics to win a mid-week winter match in Dingwall.

22 minutes ago, Alasdair said:

f**k me it must be miserable being you 

There's a difference between pessimism and realism. Of the candidates mentioned McIntyre and Dodds are probably the best fit, not ideal but they have experience and would probably stay more than one season, unless Tommy Wright has a burning ambition to be Kilmarnock manager.

59 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

You think his record is poor? Better win ratio in much tougher leagues than many of our recent managers, got medals as part of the Chelsea management team who won the EPL twice and were second twice when he was there. Highest ever finish in the league for the Baggies in 8th place as manager. Helped Dalglish save Liverpool in 2012 averaging more than 2 points per game in the process. We could really do with some poor if that's the case! Good player, good coach and even at his worst a mile better than any of the others quoted. Anyone will find it tough at our club, but I would have some faith that Clarke has a fair bit more knowledge of the game than most and find it hard to believe that he would even consider coming to Killie.

26 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

If all Steve Clarke did was to bring in three or four decent Premiership reserve team players on loan in January (of a similar standard to Woodman and Ajer), it would be enough to save us from relegation.

Definitely the man for the job.

Agreed. 

Jose, old chum. You have a youth team with over 80 players, how about giving us three on loan for six months and some first team football? 

Can’t see many managers saying no to that to be honest. 

Before someone of the pedigree of Owen Coyle got the RC job we would never have even have thought someone like Steve Clarke would have been on the radar for the KFC job....!! Steve Clarke as boss with Gary Holt as assistant would be exciting and would give the club some 'heart' again hopefully. We need leaders with passion and heart and some people with the fear factor who will root out the complacency inherent in the current 'old Rangers boys club' squad!! 

Who ever is appointed manager the fans need to go back and support our team Kilmarnock as a town has lost so much over the years they don’t need to lose there football team 3000 fans in a 19000 stadium with no atmosphere it’s poor  when killie get to a cup finale they took 20 to 25000 fans so the fans are there 

20 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Who ever is appointed manager the fans need to go back and support our team Kilmarnock as a town has lost so much over the years they don’t need to lose there football team 3000 fans in a 19000 stadium with no atmosphere it’s poor  when killie get to a cup finale they took 20 to 25000 fans so the fans are there 

We took 11k to our last cup final. 

The stadium holds less than 18k.