Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

3 minutes ago, fmcc said:

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's been no confirmation of a presser. Just someone on here who was using his lunch money to buy a six pack of custard doughnuts

A steak bake and a hallowe’en cupcake actually. Stick to the facts please. 

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I think it will be. Hope they've got a good assistant lined up. Kris Boyd said last night they'd have to consider any new manager's knowledge of Killie and Scottish football. A dig at Clarke perhaps?

Haha I wish Kris Boyd would shut up. On our recent International failings, Mr Media himself said, ".... all the players want to play for him. I don't see any players unhappy under Strachan". 

Much like none of the players were unhappy under McCulloch or Locke?  

One thing is for sure, Kris Boyd should have absolutely no say in the appointment.

From BBC website

Kilmarnock have placed head of academy Paul McDonald in charge of the first team while the search continues for a successor to Lee McCulloch.

The club has interviewed more than 10 candidates, but may not make an appointment until after Saturday's meeting with Partick Thistle.

McDonald will be caretaker boss, helped by Kris Boyd and coach Andy Millen.

The club has interviewed former West Brom and Reading manager Steve Clark, Mixu Paatelainen and Gary Holt.

Former Portugal international Jorge Costa was among more than 50 applicants for the vacancy.

A decision could be reached on McCulloch's successor before the end of this week, but may not be in time to allow the new manager to take the side for the visit to Firhill.

Kilmarnock are currently bottom of the Premiership, level on points with Thistle, who have a better goal difference.

McCulloch agreed to step down as manager following last month's loss to Ross County - a result that leaves Killie without a win from eight league games.

are we getting an announcement today or not? Praying its Clarke,  Mixu would also be good. Heard however Clarke was not impressed during interview with us, wither that is enough for him not to come to us, i don't know. Got a feeling its going to be Mixu, unfinished business here. Although its being back to square 1 again. 

Cant see why Clarke wouldn't be first choice versus any other candidate. We need someone who is going to coach the players, hes managed at the highest level and some of the best in the game rate him highly. Not sure what more you need. He's got the Killie connection everyone is looking for too.  I was surprised to hear he even went through an interview process(whatever that is for us) to get the job.

any other name would be a bit of a let down if Clarke is indeed interested!

39 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd stick money on Clarke having a better knowledge of Scottish football than that fool.

Given there's quite a few of his family who have played, supported and held season tickets at RP, then I'm guessing Clarke knows what we're about.

I'm not a Boyd hater, but I would think that he might be a tad uncomfortable at the prospect of someone who has played with Vialli, coached Drogba, Suarez, Gudjohnson and managed Lukaku, not being that impressed by the reputation Boyd brings...

30 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Haha I wish Kris Boyd would shut up. On our recent International failings, Mr Media himself said, ".... all the players want to play for him. I don't see any players unhappy under Strachan". 

Much like none of the players were unhappy under McCulloch or Locke?  

One thing is for sure, Kris Boyd should have absolutely no say in the appointment.

It's easy for anyone on the outside be it players, managers or fans to hold the opinion that Boyd is unanimously loved amongst the Killie support. I sincerely hope that any new manager who comes in quickly identifies him and his type as part of the problems which we're having and hunts him/them from the club. 

I do hope the Board realise the concerns fans have over Boyd and that he has absolutely nothing to do with the selection process for the new manager.

33 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

would have thought given the importance of the upcoming game --even to have the New Manager watching from the stands would been the ideal postion

still the next run of games after Saturday will "ease" him into the job I am sure 

Did we not think the new manager was in the stands at Fir Park a couple of years ago when Graham Alexander attended after his interview. Only to see Lee Clark appointed a couple of days later.

It's really not very clever to interview ten or more candidates. 

I think it shows their lack of confidence in their football knowledge.

I'm quite happy for them to be thorough in interviewing the candidates they short-list but a long short-list just delays the process. 

Gordan Petric? Really? A quick look at his last couple of appointments probably tells you all you need to know. Gus, if he has been seen, doesn't look like a realistic option in the present company. 

The more people they invited, the shorter should have been the list from the applicants, the logic being that the club wouldn't be inviting applications if the initial response had been good enough. 

I'd hoped the new man would have been in place for Saturday. Let's hope so. 

Edited by skygod