Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

9 minutes ago, jesper said:

And lay off all this s**te about the hospitality suite in the West Stand. Man that's tedious. The man has sunk a decent amount of cash into Kilmarnock for various things, most importantly bankrolling us to keep us alive!! 

If he (they!) get this, then yes... Icing on the cake for the big man. 

You have to admit the hospitality suite does seem to be taking a long time and after MJ it's hard to imagine anybody putting money into the club that they won't get back.Good on Billy Bowie if that is the case. Most fans aren't Billy Bowie but over months,years,decades, we put money into the club that we will never get back, save for enjoyment and there has been precious little of that recently. A new era ? I really hope so.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

No mention that KFC are seeking a new manager, let alone close to making an appointment on the BBC. Plenty about what a first class team The Biilly Bigots are and the Accies cold be in a lot of soapy buble. Not even a mention of the Tayttie Munchers.

It's being reported they allegedly had £800K in an account & £750K has been cleaned out of it.......

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Done deal ....nearly..

--------

Kilmarnock will appoint Steve Clarke as their new manager this weekend, BBC Scotland has learned.

Negotiations between the former West Brom and Reading manager's representatives and the Rugby Park club have been at an advanced stage.

The Ayrshire side have conducted interviews with around a dozen candidates and see Clarke as the man to replace Lee McCulloch.

Clarke, 54, has been out of work since leaving Aston Villa a year ago.

His reported assistant, Alex Dyer, seems to have plenty of experience too, he was also West Ham's fitness guru before becoming the 1st team coach.... I can see those steps in the stands taking a hammering & a few aching muscles in the next couple of weeks....  

11 hours ago, fmcc said:

Who's the lad Dyer? it's surely not the one who comes up on Wiki who is a coach in some pub league down south?

If you did read his Wiki page you would know that he has coached at a much higher level than that.

Even then, it's very disrespectful to the National League South, the sixth tier.

I'm sure bowie has sold the fact that we have a potentially good support. After all once he had told Clarke that we had 200 fans signed up to the TIK initiative how could he refuse.

If bowie pulls this off fans need to stand up and be counted and get behind this new management team. It won't be easy turning this round and it will take time.

Its been mentioned previously but now is the time for the fans to stand up and be counted. Bowie and co have done their bit by getting us one of the highest profile managers in our history.

We now need to do our bit by turning up in numbers at RP, signing up to TIK and giving  Clarke as much backing as possible 

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Clarke, 100% or I will eat my couch.

Just amused me that fans you can trust, reporters you can trust, bookies are all saying it’s Clarke but one newspaper still mentioned a guy who really hasn’t been quoted other than a few rumours as a contender.

Kilmarnock are closing in on a stunning deal to land former Chelsea assistant manager Steve Clarke as their new manager.

The Ayrshire club were hoping to fly the former Scotland international to Glasgow to watch his new charges face Partick Thistle on Saturday.

Kilmarnock’s academy director Paul McDonald will take the team at Firhill, but Saltcoats-born Clarke, who has been out of work since a caretaker spell in charge of Aston Villa last season, is poised to succeed Lee McCulloch as the club’s seventh permanent manager in as many years.

The 54-year-old also had spells in charge of Reading and West Bromwich Albion and served as No 2 at Newcastle United, Chelsea, West Ham United and Liverpool.

Concerned that Clarke could prove too expensive for them, Kilmarnock initially played down rumours of a move for the ex-St Mirren and Chelsea player.

However, after a rigorous interview process involving talks with the likes of Mixu Paataleinen and Gary Holt, the club’s three-man board have pushed the boat out in a quest to fire the Rugby Park side off the bottom of the Premiership having failed to win a game so far this season.

(Stephen McGowan, Daily Mail)