Next Manager Thread

virtuocity

We should have done a full recruitment process at the end of last season. McCulloch and Leven were part of Lee Clarkes' 'failed' management regime and their continued philosophy has failed miserably. There has to be a change now as there is nothing to lose. We need a fresh face, fresh dialogue and culture and a dismantling of the old boys Rangers regime. A Billy Davies or Jim Duffy would come in and absolutely root out any complacency or old pals act......and also tell Kris Boyd he is not the boss, lose weight, get fit or get out!!

I second the motion that we get a Craigy Broon-type in to advise the board during the interview and selection process. 

There are plenty more managers out there than jobs, and while we're not exactly in our prime, there's enough talent here to at least keep us up with some organization and galvanization (and with a January window to play with still), a historically productive youth system, and it's not so long since we've won trophies and been there or there about for European football. If we could find that perfect blend of Mixu's Nordic cool and Shiels' fire, there's no reason the club couldn't blossom, but I don't trust the board to find that on their own, not given their recent record.

If we are clearing the decks that should include the three stooges in the boardroom. None of them prepared to show any leadership, still no chairman, no plan, no vision no nothing. Get them to funk. 

The gross mismanagement of our club is heartbreaking. Bowie does not give a monkeys toss for the fans or the club. Wake up people. It's just a vehicle for him to reduce his tax liability and fund his hotel. 

At least the new Exec box will be ready for next home game. 

15 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think Ross would leave St.Mirren for us.

Maybe, maybe not, I was just trying to come up with someone a bit different from the usual mundane s**te that's currently out of a job in Scotland. 

Ross, has/is, doing a good job at Alloa & St Mirren, has an eye for a player and tactically astute, and the added bonus of James Fowler as assistant, he knows our club very well.

Ross wouldn't be afraid to take on a challenge either, look how he turned around St Mirren with one January transfer window behind him, then built on it with the summer window.

Edited by C4mmy31
An added thought

Thomas Hassler? 

In all seriousness I don't think the time is right for a Holt. We need someone to come in and just sort us out from back to front, experienced in battling near the bottom perhaps? The list is pretty slim but I'd take a Hughes at the moment (never thought I'd ever say that)! . I'd love a mcleish but that's wholly unrealistic. 

f**k knows who'd even want it at the moment. Need to open up to applications. Still think LM will get Partick game at least 

There will be a vacancy once the lawyers sort out the severance packages....if Killie can afford it!! We need a manager who can put a team on the park who can perform the basic disciplines. All the teams we play just basically do the basics better than us. All last season and this the likes of Ross County, Morton, Partick Thistle, Dundee came to Rugby Park and played us off the park football wise. So Locke, Clarke and now McCulloch have failed to put a team on the park that can keep the ball on the floor and control the game. The loss of Dicker this season so far has been a major issue but it shows therefore how lacking we are of another midfield 'composed' option. So lets ditch the 'rookie' manager stuff and get someone like a 'Duffy' who has proved they can manage a tight budget and put a good footballing team on the park who can do the basics well.....whether its Duffy or someone else we need a seasoned campaigner!

There might be a few that we would be interested in who would turn us down as they might consider it is too much of a risk to their reputation to join a team / club in such a mess.

Unfortunately I think our leaderless, rudderless and incompetent board will do nothing until it is too late and once they have bought out McCulloch and Leven it will need to be someone who is without a job as we probably won't be able to afford compensation to another club as well.

If Patrick were daft enough to sack Archibald I would have him tomorrow as his teams have always played well against us over the last few years

3 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Agree or what about Kenny with Gary hay /Gary holt or complete left field what about eremenko.

What a surprise from Bring Back Kenny!

Garry Hay doesn't seem to have shown any inclination to get into management.

What about Pascali?

Sentimental choices.

41 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

If we are clearing the decks that should include the three stooges in the boardroom. None of them prepared to show any leadership, still no chairman, no plan, no vision no nothing. Get them to funk. 

The gross mismanagement of our club is heartbreaking. Bowie does not give a monkeys toss for the fans or the club. Wake up people. It's just a vehicle for him to reduce his tax liability and fund his hotel. 

At least the new Exec box will be ready for next home game. 

Correct that man