The Lee McCulloch Is Gone Thread

CardinalSpin

Just now, Tonzer said:

I can sympathise with that view but until we change the number of teams in the top flight there is unlikely to be a place for a manager wearing 'L' plates unless he has the backing of an experienced DOF.
We will have to choose whether or not to continue with the 'young managerial blood' experiment and recruit accordingly in my opinion unless we suddenly end up with a league structure that allows and encourages clubs to develop their staff and players without fear of relegation for trying to build for the future of the game.

Agree, the coaching culture is built on stopping the opposition playing or scoring. That's brought on by the cost of failure in our league being too high for teams to bear.

Billy Davies could just be the right kind of psycho we desperately need to breathe life into this club.

He'd work hard to succeed, wouldn't stand for shirkers (at any level) and we'd never be out the news. 

Never mind phonecalls to see if you're renewing your season ticket, Wee Billy will be in your kitchen slapping that cup of tea out yer hand and dragging you by the hair down to Rugby Park. He'll stand over you glaring like an irate school teacher while you cough up your dough. 

I really wanted Lee to do well but the way things were going it couldn’t be enough left any longer and this had to be done. 

Hopefully the board take a few days and thoroughly look at everyone who applies or shows interest. There are more managers out there looking for work than just Houston, Hughes, Hartley, McIntyre etc and it’s vital we get this appointment right 

8 minutes ago, Tonzer said:

I can sympathise with that view but until we change the number of teams in the top flight there is unlikely to be a place for a manager wearing 'L' plates unless he has the backing of an experienced DOF.
We will have to choose whether or not to continue with the 'young managerial blood' experiment and recruit accordingly in my opinion unless we suddenly end up with a league structure that allows and encourages clubs to develop their staff and players without fear of relegation for trying to build for the future of the game.

Archibald ,McCann ,Canning and Wright are "L plate " managers .The SPL is a grounding for learner managers or a place were failed Englsh league managers get a job 

4 minutes ago, ross1987 said:

'Mutual Consent'

If true, well done Lee and the board. Right decision all round.

Mutual consent is often used when both parties have to agree a severance deal under the contract a person had.....also helps stop either party then dissing the other publicly 

As long as we through a proper application process this time...and attract (no reason why not-the Thomas Hassler/Henning Berg type of candidate). The likes of Duffy, Hughes, Houston etc-please no. Also not McIntyre either. Did 'okay' at County, but we need someone a bit different, to generate some excitement and life into the club, someone who will have us in the papers for the right reasons, someone who will inspire the players, someone with experience.

So overall...likes of Billy Davies yes, European manager ( a la Mixu, but also hopefully a 'name' like Hassler).

No: Duffy, Houston, Hughes, McIntyre, McCoist (!!!), Hartley.

Whats Stuart Baxter up to these days?

Hopefully get the man in place in time for Thistle, but if it takes time after that to get it right then fine.

Like others, wanted the guy to succeed but tactics and team set-up have been woeful.

If other reports correct about training are true, then he had to go.  Lee Clarke was a snake oil salesman but the players were fit and competitive.  Broadfoot, Burke, Boyd, Smith, Power have all struggled this season and looking at the performance yesterday it was clear there is an issue with County bossing the match.

Big decision for the board to make now, let's hope they get it right. 

30 minutes ago, skygod said:

Boyd on SSN - "Shocked, sad.... players let LM down....first half yesterday as bad as it's been .... players' responsibility... lack of effort... players do try but lack of confidence.... not just manager but close friend too (part of the problem?)...."

All the usual s**t trotted out when a manager gets sacked. If Boydie or any of the rest of them gave a f**k we wouldn't be where we are and his pal would still be in a job. They didn't he's not, just get fit Kris and do what your paid to do by Kilmarnock Football Club or away you go  with your mate

The right decision from all concerned. Have to say while he didn't make it as a manager I thought he changed perceptions of what he was like as a person.

As to who replaces him I'd want someone who can organise a team, get the players to, understand what they are meant to do and get them fit. I'd also like someone who would show some passion for the club and get players and supporters more engaged, which was the real strength of Kenny.

Hopefully the board interview and consider a number of candidates this time. I do though have my doubts at a few of the names out there that have experience, but mainly as underperforming teams in the top flight while looking slightly better in the lower divisions.

10 minutes ago, jock said:

Tommy Burns and Bobby Williamson were 'L' plate managers...they weren't too shabby

I don't think Burns credentials were ever in doubt and Bobby admittedly did brilliantly well for us but Tommy did learn his trade in the lower leagues and kept us up with a 0-0 draw on the last day when the league went to a 4 times a season model (which would be a relegation / play off place these days) whilst Bobby was backed to the point of financial insecurity by the board.  We can't and won't do that now.
Not so much wiggle room these days!

2 minutes ago, Tonzer said:

I don't think Burns credentials were ever in doubt and Bobby admittedly did brilliantly well for us but Tommy did learn his trade in the lower leagues and kept us up with a 0-0 draw on the last day when the league went to a 4 times a season model (which would be a relegation / play off place these days) whilst Bobby was backed to the point of financial insecurity by the board.  We can't and won't do that now.
Not so much wiggle room these days!

Tommy Burns' credentials were no different than that of Lee McCulloch...untested as a manager...he took the club into the premier league and kept it there without spending large amounts of money...we have never been out the league since...it will take a tommy Burns' type attitude to save us this time...

7 minutes ago, jock said:

Tommy Burns' credentials were no different than that of Lee McCulloch...untested as a manager...he took the club into the premier league and kept it there without spending large amounts of money...we have never been out the league since...it will take a tommy Burns' type attitude to save us this time...

Spot on

3 minutes ago, jock said:

Indeed, but he started by managing us in a lower league in different times. Learning the job in the top flight is immeasurably harder.  BW did well but we had (unsustainable) investment in players then and crowds twice the size of todays for an increased income.  All I'm saying is that it doesn't make for a great breeding ground for managers who want to play expressive football and learn on the job.  An element of experience is also required.
Unless of course we want to watch Killie play like 'stay in the league at all costs' Accies.
I'd rather see some form of entertainment too.

28 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

No nice to see someone lose their job and I don't like wanting someone to loose their job but it is probably better for Lee's own mental health also.

Cmon gdevoy, you get " lose " right first time then use " loose " second time. I thought you went to uni! It's these sorts of individual errors a manager can't control.

1 hour ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Feel sorry for Lee, genuinely wanted him to do well but onwards and upwards 

My sentiments too. Like the guy and wanted him to succeed but I'm a Killie man and my Club is more important than any allegiance to LM. Now we need to get a management team in who can rattle this lot out of their slumber and turn them into what they're paid for...being footballers.

25 minutes ago, jock said:

No harm to Lee McCulloch but he couldn't lace Tommy's boots. TB was a football man through and through and wore his heart on his sleeve and showed us his emotional side on numerous occasions. I just can't compare the two to be honest.