Billy bowie on sportsound

kfc_superteam

13 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Thought BB came across not too bad.....lot more open than used to from KFC ...and totally agree with he Boyd decision

.afterwards though the sportsound "experts."  laid into Kilmarnock as a club plus decision re Boyd 

I'd have liked the criticisms regarding club and pitch to have been put to Billy Bowie. rather than discussing without him. he is the one with the power to change it. hope he is listening

Michael Stewart tries his hardest to be different and get a reaction. A s**te Chris Sutton and that's saying something. 

After slating our park as "a disgrace" and moaning about our stadium they then claim Falkirk have the "potential" to be a bigger club than us and as a result he would choose Falkirk over us if he was a manager. What potential is that? You can't say they have better young players than us, or even players in general. They also have a plastic surface, something that according to they muppets would put people off and they're hardly rolling in money. 

The club - board, CEO, Comms/ Marketing guy, staff - should listen to a playback of what English, Stewart and whoever else is there said because it's true!

It's a shell of a club, crippled by negativity and apathy.

And then they should decide what they are going to do about it, because doing nothing is not an option.

As I said before, these factors plus the s**tty pitch will mean that they can't recruit the calibre of manager they could five - ten years ago.

These guys are right - St Mirren, Falkirk, Dundee United, Dunfermline would all bring more to the Premiership than Killie.

Everybody, including those reading this, needs to get their fingers out! 

Edited by skygod

Bowie came across quite well, but glad they ended the interview when they did - he's clearly not media trained and is open to a gaffe if prompted/words put in his mouth.

Kenny was unusually reserved too - he clearly has learned his lesson on the Scottish media!

I've recorded a 25 min section of the programme where they're discussing Killie (starts from 5 mins into BB interview). If it's not against forum rules/broadcast rights, I can upload it for anyone interested.

Edited by jesper

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

The club - board, CEO, Comms/ Marketing guy, staff - should listen to a playback of what English, Stewart and whoever else is there said because it's true!

It's a shell of a club, crippled by negativity and apathy.

And then they should decide what they are going to do about it, because doing nothing is not an option.

As I said before, these factors plus the s**tty pitch will mean that they can't recruit the calibre of manager they could five - ten years ago.

These guys are right - St Mirren, Falkirk, Dundee United, Dunfermline would all bring more the Premiership than Killie.

Everybody, including those reading this, needs to get their fingers out! 

Was just about to post something similar. Spot on, Skydog.

The truth hurts, but it's not too late to do something about it. It's time for action.

I agree skygod, they all spoke in a way that indicated they had closely followed what had been going on at the club for years.

I also agree with what Stewart said about the type of character now required. Finances probably dictate that we can only bring in a manager and assistant so the main man needs to be someone who can address more than just the team on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Michael Stewart tries his hardest to be different and get a reaction. A s**te Chris Sutton and that's saying something. 

After slating our park as "a disgrace" and moaning about our stadium they then claim Falkirk have the "potential" to be a bigger club than us and as a result he would choose Falkirk over us if he was a manager. What potential is that? You can't say they have better young players than us, or even players in general. They also have a plastic surface, something that according to they muppets would put people off and they're hardly rolling in money. 

complete prick of a man , talks pish

4 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

...the main man needs to be someone who can address more than just the team on the pitch.

"Messiah wanted!"

We need a leader - there's none on the board, the CEO isn't - someone charismatic who is going to beat the drum loud and long for Killie, shake the apathy out of the club, end the "Survival is Success" culture, kick some arses, drag the stayaways out of the pubs and bookies and bring some life back to the club.

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

"Messiah wanted!"

We need a leader - there's none on the board, the CEO isn't - someone charismatic who is going to beat the drum loud and long for Killie, shake the apathy out of the club, end the "Survival is Success" culture, kick some arses, drag the stayaways out of the pubs and bookies and bring some life back to the club.

Aha! So are you telling us his initials are JC?

I don’t think Michael Stewart is as bad as people make out. I’ve always found him to be one who calls it straight. While others were going mental about how great McCoist and Locke were. Stewart was the one who called it as he saw it. I caught him on Sportscene yesterday and couldn’t argue with what he said. It’s not popular because it’s not nice to hear criticism about our club but it is sadly true. 

3 minutes ago, S SMITH said:

What potential is that? You can't say they have better young players than us, or even players in general.

"Potential" is about the future, not the present playing staff...

They get bigger crowds in the Championship than Killie get and they aren't even doing that well.

17 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don’t think Michael Stewart is as bad as people make out. I’ve always found him to be one who calls it straight. While others were going mental about how great McCoist and Locke were. Stewart was the one who called it as he saw it. I caught him on Sportscene yesterday and couldn’t argue with what he said. It’s not popular because it’s not nice to hear criticism about our club but it is sadly true. 

Hear hear!

45 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Thought BB came across not too bad.....lot more open than used to from KFC ...and totally agree with he Boyd decision

.afterwards though the sportsound "experts."  laid into Kilmarnock as a club plus decision re Boyd 

Two faced b@st@rds, they haven't got the balls to say or ask Bowie to his face, typical sh!te bags .... 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

I bet at least 18 out of the 20 applicants are absolute desperados who apply for every vacancy which comes up....and never get an interview.

On day one that’s a certainty. I’d imagine serious candidates are probably doing some research on the club, staff, league etc before they make their mind up over applying or not in the next few days