The All Singing, All Dancing Kris Boyd In The Media MegaThread™

kfc_superteam

2 hours ago, Trumpetree said:

There's maybe an element of pragmatism for not going in too heavily on Boyd for this - what's to stop Boyd spitting the dummy and immediately hanging up the boots after being told off? Would that be out of character for him?

Doing so would leave Irwin, Jones & Brophy as his only viable attacking options in the short term.

After the January window, however....

No one is saying give him a roasting. Just a quite word saying don't mind you talking just tone it down a touch. Steve Clarke should be more than capable of doing this in the right way. Probably com be across some right prima donnas down South

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

He was a cheeky wee runt last night, something along the lines of one win and he is the best manager ever !!!!

Prolly thinks he should be getting bigged up for pumping a few part time teams in the 2nd division with a full time squad. If they dont get promoted it will be a big riddy and part time fitba for a few years again.

Boyd is almost doing it on purpose now in the media to provoke people . His outlandish behaviour is bringing a negative issue to our door . We don’t need that whilst having very positive things happening around the club . I think Boyd knows he is the best option we have and is saying what he wants as he thinks we need him more than he needs us which is quite possible . But for me Clarke should allow him to be a pundit but to not comment on certain things whilst under contract at our club . 

6 hours ago, Trumpetree said:

There's maybe an element of pragmatism for not going in too heavily on Boyd for this - what's to stop Boyd spitting the dummy and immediately hanging up the boots after being told off? Would that be out of character for him?

Doing so would leave Irwin, Jones & Brophy as his only viable attacking options in the short term.

After the January window, however....

I think this is bang on the money. 

11 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Wee bit of jealousy, methinks?

Perhaps. I just wondered if they knew each other from boys/youth football circles as they're probably about the same age and from south west Scotland. Had it just been this weeks' comments then I could understand as Boyd and the gang did go on a bit re: Steve Clarke; but the fact he had a wee dig the previous week made me wonder. Also, the two wee chirps on Tuesday's show were both in the first 10 mins, suggesting it was prominent in his mind and wanted to get it out. 

7 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Perhaps. I just wondered if they knew each other from boys/youth football circles as they're probably about the same age and from south west Scotland. Had it just been this weeks' comments then I could understand as Boyd and the gang did go on a bit re: Steve Clarke; but the fact he had a wee dig the previous week made me wonder. Also, the two wee chirps on Tuesday's show were both in the first 10 mins, suggesting it was prominent in his mind and wanted to get it out. 

Think McCall is about 4 or 5 years older.

There was one other thing about Boyd and his dismissal of the new call-ups to the Scotland squad that was noteworthy. Boyd made himself unavailable for Scotland because he wasn't happy with the manager, ie he turned his back on his country at a time when he was very much needed. For him to then slag off players for not being good enough in what will be a very proud moment for them in their professional careers is ridiculous. These players didn't call themselves up. I'm sure most players ( and the public in general ) would give their right arm to play just once for their country.

42 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

There was one other thing about Boyd and his dismissal of the new call-ups to the Scotland squad that was noteworthy. Boyd made himself unavailable for Scotland because he wasn't happy with the manager, ie he turned his back on his country at a time when he was very much needed. For him to then slag off players for not being good enough in what will be a very proud moment for them in their professional careers is ridiculous. These players didn't call themselves up. I'm sure most players ( and the public in general ) would give their right arm to play just once for their country.

I mentioned this exact same point the other day. The day he refused to play for his country, I lost a hell of a lot of respect for him.

He's in no place to comment on International Football selections. He comes across as a bitter, bitter man at times.

Imagine say for example Kiltie hadn't got injured and got a call up for this game and Kenny Miller was in the press calling it a laughable etc, we'd be in uproar.

We must have Boomer on a starvation diet as while the rest of the players tucked into breakfast today he was chewing the fat with Graham Spiers! After recent comments by both, that should make for interesting reading. Spiers has been bringing his lad up as a Killie fan and has offered to put some positive stuff out about the KFCSA/Trust Xmas pressie initiative so we may have another convert/ally in the press.

Edit to say...not chewing fat literally, that wouldn't really qualify as a diet.

1 minute ago, baz said:

We must have Boomer on a starvation diet as while the rest of the players tucked into breakfast today he was chewing the fat with Graham Spiers! After recent comments by both, that should make for interesting reading. Spiers has been bringing his lad up as a Killie fan and has offered to put some positive stuff out about the KFCSA/Trust Xmas pressie initiative so we may have another convert/ally in the press.

Edit to say...not chewing fat literally, that wouldn't really qualify as a diet.

Aye, I saw Speirs put a post on Twitter and his wee boy had a Killie strip on.

38 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Boyd is doing exactly what he is paid for. He's on the radio show as a wind-up merchant and that's exactly what he is doing. I couldn't give a flying feck about what he does in his spare time as long as he keeps scoring and I bet Steve Clarke has the same opinion.

Fair point. Not sure he has a moderate enough temperament; is articulate or quick-witted enough to be 'on the wind-ups' for live radio. You also need to sound as if you know what your talking about. With the Rangers/Dun Utd line and this latest one he loses credibility which in turn leads to people not listening, leaving him with no-one to wind-up, leaving him not getting paid anymore as he can no longer do what he's being paid for. 

34 minutes ago, baz said:

Surprised he was touting Falkirk as a better job than killie then if that's the case.Maybe deliberately trying to be non bias.