The All Singing, All Dancing Kris Boyd In The Media MegaThread™

kfc_superteam

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I mentioned this exact same point the other day. The day he refused to play for his country, I lost a hell of a lot of respect for him.

He's in no place to comment on International Football selections. He comes across as a bitter, bitter man at times.

Imagine say for example Kiltie hadn't got injured and got a call up for this game and Kenny Miller was in the press calling it a laughable etc, we'd be in uproar.

So that's twice we've agreed...this is somewhat disconcerting.  

2 hours ago, baz said:

We must have Boomer on a starvation diet as while the rest of the players tucked into breakfast today he was chewing the fat with Graham Spiers! After recent comments by both, that should make for interesting reading. Spiers has been bringing his lad up as a Killie fan and has offered to put some positive stuff out about the KFCSA/Trust Xmas pressie initiative so we may have another convert/ally in the press.

Edit to say...not chewing fat literally, that wouldn't really qualify as a diet.

Graham Spiers can't be all bad then, plus he is an Elvis Costello fan.

This might explain it

He was brought up as a Rangers fan,[3] but has been a prominent critic of Rangers club leadership and supporters, highlighting many incidents of racism and sectarianism.[2][4][5][6]

I have always happily ignored one of the traditional and cowardly rules of Scottish sports journalism - the rule which says, always apportion equal blame to Celtic and Rangers when talking of bigotry - by pointing a much bigger finger of blame at Rangers, the club I grew up supporting.[7]

3 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

This might explain it

He was brought up as a Rangers fan,[3] but has been a prominent critic of Rangers club leadership and supporters, highlighting many incidents of racism and sectarianism.[2][4][5][6]

I have always happily ignored one of the traditional and cowardly rules of Scottish sports journalism - the rule which says, always apportion equal blame to Celtic and Rangers when talking of bigotry - by pointing a much bigger finger of blame at Rangers, the club I grew up supporting.[7]

So basically he's became a disillusioned h*n then :2: lol 

Guy at work tells me there's a topic on a zombie forum on Boydy's media chat and they can't believe how much he talks about them and if they were Killie supporters they would be raging.

Coincidentally the same guy was in Lee McCulloch and Peter Leven's company before the Ross County game and he reckoned they were ready to walk away regardless of the result.

15 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Ah ok cheers.  Wonder if he chose Killie for his Son as he didn't wasn't him exposed to the uglier side of supporting the Old Firm? 

I would think so, couple of Celtic and Rangers fans at my work doing just that, raising their sons as Killie fans to keep them away from the bile.

17 hours ago, historyman said:

Can't understand his Scotland squad comments. No need for that whatsoever and very disrespectful to other professionals. Keep that till when he has retired.

I can only imagine that all of them will be super motivated when they play us. Surely that can only be detrimental to Killie?

It didn’t seem to motivate any of them to prove they belong in the national squad last night. I think we might be safe

I met Spiers at one of the last midweek games while McCulloch was caretaker. ATC car park.He had 3 kids in the car, 2 with Killie strips on. On the way into the ground he asked me if I wanted Lee to get the job permanently. I replied "no bloody way, he's a crap manager" He seemed quite taken aback as he mistakenly thought most Killie fans wanted him to get the job. Still if we hadn't wrongly given Lee the job we probably wouldn't have got Clarke now.

Spiers seemed like an alright guy but I was surprised how small he was.  

On Spiers - he Tweeted this week that he supported Rangers until he was 25 and then stopped for one reason - Bigotry. You can't be much more honest than that.

On Boyd - Yeah, it's hard to take a guy who decides not to represent his country for the reasons he did seriously when he then questions people who are selected. He basically thought playing for Scotland was secondary and something to be used as a tool in his career. Why then should McKay not use it as a tool to get bums on seat ? (not saying he did...but you see what I mean)

However, if anybody think Boyd's comments will motivate Aberdeen to some kind of super-human extent they are mistaken. What will happen is that their coaching team will make mention of the fact that elements of the Killie team don't rate them, but, 'let your ability and our tactics do the talking.You know you're good enough, we as coaches know your good enough. You don't need to do anything other than focus on that'. 

Boyd may be a tactical genius here - if the players he had a go at do not stick to the ethos above and decide to dunt him, sledge him and generally lose sight of their task in hand then that can play to Killie's advantage.

Don't get upset about Boyd doing his media work. He's still scoring goals, he's bigging us up and, if players and fans from other teams don't like that, well - who cares? We should take the view that he does his talking for us on the pitch and they can get into their on wee huffs.

58 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Kind of strange admitting your team is vile and you don't want your kids supporting them.  Sensible though

I know a few folks in that position. It's your team because of how you were brought up, you can't change it when it suits you (read Fever Pitch).

But you can't help but become aware of the environment. Your team can't have an open top bus trip through your town when the win a trophy because of sectarian bigotry. Some of the language and views expressed on match days would make an Irish navy blush and John Knox squirm. You just don't want your weans to be any part of it.

10 minutes ago, plunkit said:

Don't get upset about Boyd doing his media work. He's still scoring goals, he's bigging us up and, if players and fans from other teams don't like that, well - who cares? We should take the view that he does his talking for us on the pitch and they can get into their on wee huffs.

It's mid November and he's scored 3 goals and 1 assist.

I see a flaw in your argument.

18 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I know a few folks in that position. It's your team because of how you were brought up, you can't change it when it suits you (read Fever Pitch).

But you can't help but become aware of the environment. Your team can't have an open top bus trip through your town when the win a trophy because of sectarian bigotry. Some of the language and views expressed on match days would make an Irish navy blush and John Knox squirm. You just don't want your weans to be any part of it.

Very well explained! 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought we played okay last night against a much more experienced side.

A much more experienced side...who weren’t good enough to qualify for the World Cup and missing their best player through retirement. 

However, Fraser and Cummings looked sharp in their brief runout. Tierney is a far superior RB than the rangers dud. I didn’t see anyone stamp their case to dislodge Brown or Armstrong from midfield. McGinn and Macgregor huffed and puffed but didn’t grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Philips isn’t a striker. Forrest is a waste of a jersey. We didn’t learn anything about the fringe players, we didn’t already know. All in all, a complete waste of the fans and players time. It’s all about opinions though  

5 minutes ago, Zorro said:

A much more experienced side...who weren’t good enough to qualify for the World Cup and missing their best player through retirement. 

However, Fraser and Cummings looked sharp in their brief runout. Tierney is a far superior RB than the rangers dud. I didn’t see anyone stamp their case to dislodge Brown or Armstrong from midfield. McGinn and Macgregor huffed and puffed but didn’t grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Philips isn’t a striker. Forrest is a waste of a jersey. We didn’t learn anything about the fringe players, we didn’t already know. All in all, a complete waste of the fans and players time. It’s all about opinions though  

I thought McGinn had an excellent game.

Philips isn't a footballer, never mind a striker.