The All Singing, All Dancing Kris Boyd In The Media MegaThread™

kfc_superteam

Durrant was absolutely outstanding for us. Never forget how he dominated the middle of the park in that 6-0 win at East End Park. Odd that Boydy wouldn't think to discuss his spell with us - or perhaps not. We might have well won the league cup if he his knee hadn't gone again, he bossed the 1st half that day as well.

15 hours ago, Ken T said:

Durrant was absolutely outstanding for us. Never forget how he dominated the middle of the park in that 6-0 win at East End Park. Odd that Boydy wouldn't think to discuss his spell with us - or perhaps not. We might have well won the league cup if he his knee hadn't gone again, he bossed the 1st half that day as well.

He was probably given a specific line of questioning to follow. Nobody in the media give a s**t about anyone other than old filth.

"(Boyd) wrote: 'Aberdeen have no one to blame but themselves. When Derek McInnes becomes Rangers manager — and that will now happen — there’s no point in Stewart Milne or anyone else at Pittodrie moaning about it.' "

He deserves to get roasted next time we go to Pittodrie.

28 minutes ago, historyman said:

I'm not sure what Aberdeen would be blamed for.

“Del did his job by rejuvenating the city, let alone the football club. He won them silverware and brought a level of success they hadn’t enjoyed for longer than anyone could remember. “But for four years he kept getting told there would be a new training ground and stadium built... and he’s still waiting.

“I’m just not having this idea that Del is guilty of letting Aberdeen down. For me, it’s the other way around.

“He’s on the verge of leaving Aberdeen for Rangers because it’s a bigger and better club. That’s just a fact.”

Does he never give it a rest?!

"Kris Boyd says he is shocked that Derek McInnes has turned down the chance to manage Rangers and stay at Aberdeen.    

Former Rangers striker Boyd is also critical of his former club, saying they must take some of the blame in losing out on McInnes, who was their number one target to replace sacked boss Pedro Caixinha.

Rangers made an approach on Tuesday evening but were refused permission to speak with McInnes, and the Dons boss then announced he was staying with Aberdeen following discussions with his family.

Boyd told Sky Sports News: 'We don't know at this time what exactly has happened. Aberdeen refused permission for him to speak Rangers and that's not changed.

'Derek has had a lot on his plate in the last couple of days to digest and go through, but he's taken the decision to stay at Aberdeen.

'It doesn't look clever (for Rangers) that's for sure, when you take everything into consideration.

'They made the approach, and Aberdeen rejected that approach, we don't know the ins and outs of what happened at this moment, or what has happened since.

'Rangers took a long time to digest everything, and go through the process in trying to find a new manager, they identified Derek McInnes as the number one choice. They went and tried to get permission to try and speak to him.

'Derek has decided to stay at Aberdeen and that's a surprise to everybody because the majority in Scotland thought he would have gone to Rangers, myself included.

'They (Rangers) are not going to open up the books for Derek to go through, so if he's not been given permission to speak to Rangers, then he's probably taken it off his own back to say he wants to stay at Aberdeen.

'But is it dead? we just don't know.' "

8 hours ago, historyman said:

I've just read the Sevco statement on the BBC about McInness turning down the job. One of the funniest things I've read in years. They're not a football club any more, they are just a comedy show. 

Belter, like saying "I didn't fancy her anyway" after a lassie knocks you back.

Or so I've heard..

He is looking ahead - he knows he doesn't have much left in the legs, so he's looking at the next payday. 

I don't think he'll last much longer on the BBC, although they do have a penchant for EBT recipients it seems. I think he is the natural successor to BFDJ on Clyde. 

Edited by Scooby_Doo
Typo

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This. Yet you'll still get killie fans orsusing him. Folk moan about Ayrshire huns yet folk are happy for the biggest one out to be our captain and embarrass the club on a weekly basis with his uber hun pish. 

It benefits his future career as a pundit to be known as ex-Ranger Kris Boyd.  

Ex-Killie has no cachet at all. 

You almost forget that he was chased out of Ibrox with the owner dubbing him a miserable failure. 

21 minutes ago, skygod said:

It benefits his future career as a pundit to be known as ex-Ranger Kris Boyd.  

Ex-Killie has no cachet at all. 

You almost forget that he was chased out of Ibrox with the owner dubbing him a miserable failure. 

Despite the fact he has played almost 100 games more for Killie than he did Rangers.

He's still clinging onto his past 'glories' like the boys in the Loudoun Lively on a Sunday night clinging onto the weekend. 

34 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Hopefully Brophy has a purple patch this month meaning Boyd can be phased out and replaced in january.

He must know he's irritating most folk including us but doesn't seem to mind.

Last night they said something like "we'll see you on Monday night" and Boyd replied with "i'll not be here, I've got a game the next day. Everybody knows I don't do the show if I've a game the next day"

Must be a new thing as it's never stopped him in the past.