The All Singing, All Dancing Kris Boyd In The Media MegaThread™

kfc_superteam

31 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

Respect is a two way street. If we showed a little more to him he might be inclined to do the same in return. 

Hes had plenty of respect. Hes ditched us and came back twice and still had said respect. Until this season when hes disrespected us with his media crap. 

At one point he said something along the lines of "When you look at the current Rangers line up, there's nothing there." He singled out Cardoso (who he could potentially be up against on Wednesday) saying if he was called Billy Smith then he'd be laughed out of Glasgow, but because he's foreign we automatically think he's better than he is.

Part of me is hoping SC has give him his blessing to wind up the sevco players to breaking point. I doubt it, though.

Realistically though, the red (white and blue) mist descended on Boyd and he shot his mouth off just a couple of days before we play the team he has slagged off. He's just written Caixinha's team talk for him, just exactly as he did before Cathro's struggling Hearts team spanked us.

Boyd is one of the best goal scorers we've ever had and a Killie legend, but he cannot be allowed to harm our club through his desire to be a controversial pundit.

I seriously hope SC and AD have a word with him.

28 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Hes had plenty of respect. Hes ditched us and came back twice and still had said respect. Until this season when hes disrespected us with his media crap. 

Absolute bs.  Your Squirrelhumpers, Skydogs and the rest have done nothing but have a go at the guy since he was a teenager, long before he played for Rangers, or became a pundit, or any of the other excuses they use.

28 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

At one point he said something along the lines of "When you look at the current Rangers line up, there's nothing there." He singled out Cardoso (who he could potentially be up against on Wednesday) saying if he was called Billy Smith then he'd be laughed out of Glasgow, but because he's foreign we automatically think he's better than he is.

Part of me is hoping SC has give him his blessing to wind up the sevco players to breaking point. I doubt it, though.

Realistically though, the red (white and blue) mist descended on Boyd and he shot his mouth off just a couple of days before we play the team he has slagged off. He's just written Caixinha's team talk for him, just exactly as he did before Cathro's struggling Hearts team spanked us.

Boyd is one of the best goal scorers we've ever had and a Killie legend, but he cannot be allowed to harm our club through his desire to be a controversial pundit.

I seriously hope SC and AD have a word with him.

Talks up other clubs, have a go at him.  Talks negatively about other clubs, still have a go at him. 9_9

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Your Squirrelhumpers, Skydogs and the rest have done nothing but have a go at the guy since he was a teenager, long before he played for Rangers, or became a pundit, or any of the other excuses they use.

Why would I have had a go at him from teenage onwards?

I criticise him for trying to balance two conflicting careers and for no longer being fit enough to play a lone striker role.

I don't think we should have signed him the last time, certainly not on a three-year contract. 

I can justify my criticism - where's your evidence?

Edited by skygod

52 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

His media work is potentially questionable especially with the clear scope for a conflict of interest between clubs but some of the things people say about him are completely out of order I think. What he’s done for us is a phenomenal achievement. Would anyone complain if we had another 18 year old Boyd coming through just now that would deliver the same over the course of his career? I highly doubt it. I don’t blame him for taking a potshot at some of the support with some of the comments he has to endure. 

So Killie fans speaking out about him being on Sportsound tonight, criticising Caxinha & basically delivering Rangers prematch pep talk is a no no in your eyes is it? 

52 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

Respect is a two way street. If we showed a little more to him he might be inclined to do the same in return. 

So respect from Boyd is to reward the Killie supporters with a GIRFUY when he scored at Firhill is it? 

I get the impression his past is clouding the present in your mind, judging by your comments.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Talks up other clubs, have a go at him.  Talks negatively about other clubs, still have a go at him. 9_9

Pish. Boyd is a club legend, but he's not above criticism.

This is about timing as much as anything else. We play them in less than 48 hours FFS! 

How can that be anything but motivational for sevco? 

To be fair, judging with Pedro's comments today I don't think anything he says or Boyd would motivate them.

He's called the players out a day after telling the media the defeat was on him. He's a dead man walking now and he's completely lost the changing room. 

Boyd is on there to talk about the The Rangers, but I concur, timing two days before a match is not ideal. Even if all he said was true... United comment aside (still don't have a clue how he arrived at that conclusion).

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

To be fair, judging with Pedro's comments today I don't think anything he says or Boyd would motivate them.

He's called the players out a day after telling the media the defeat was on him. He's a dead man walking now and he's completely lost the changing room. 

Boyd is on there to talk about the The Rangers, but I concur, timing two days before a match is not ideal. Even if all he said was true... United comment aside (still don't have a clue how he arrived at that conclusion).

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Ken T said:

Seriously does anyone think Rangers will play any better because of what Kris Boyd says? If that's the case they should be begging him to take over from Pedro!

Would be better if Boydie could do more of his talking on the park though.

I see he is all over the BBC pages now too. I don't disagree with any comments Boyd has made. His analysis 100% correct IMO. I just don't think as a Kilmarnock player in the same league as Rankers he should be making any public comment on the state of an opposition team. His focus should be on selling his own club, KFC, in the meeja trying to build up interest and increase attendances. It is incredibly self indulgent for him to be so focused on the state of his boyhood hero's.

I'll try to explain what I am saying through the use of an analogy, I have little hope that anyone will understand what I am getting at.

Suppose you had gone out with some girl at school who turned out to be a total basket case and was all over the meeja because of drink and drugs issues. Meanwhile you are now happily married to a stable person with children to think of. The meeja are clearly gaging for you to give your view at length. I think any sensible person would avoid that like the plague in the interests of the wellbeing of their current family and their current relationship.

20 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Suppose you had gone out with some girl at school who turned out to be a total basket case and was all over the meeja because of drink and drugs issues. Meanwhile you are now happily married to a stable person with children to think of. The meeja are clearly gaging for you to give your view at length. I think any sensible person would avoid that like the plague in the interests of the wellbeing of their current family and their current relationship.

What if the druggie was the love of your life since you were a little boy, you've already left your current partner for her a couple of times and would go back in a heartbeat if she would have you?

I'm less concerned about the motivational effect on opponents than the disrespect he shows towards fellow pros. 

This reflects badly on him - which I couldn't care less about - but, by extension, our club. 

Nobody will convince me that being a player and being a pundit, other than giving the most anodyne views, are compatible. 

I blame the club for allowing him to do it too. 

13 hours ago, SlimStripey said:

His media work is potentially questionable especially with the clear scope for a conflict of interest between clubs but some of the things people say about him are completely out of order I think. What he’s done for us is a phenomenal achievement. Would anyone complain if we had another 18 year old Boyd coming through just now that would deliver the same over the course of his career? I highly doubt it. I don’t blame him for taking a potshot at some of the support with some of the comments he has to endure. 

I'm going to get a bit snowflakey here, but what about what we, as Killie fans have to endure as a result of his The Rangers apologist attitude? Our most high profile player spends vastly more time talking about them than he does us. This has a knock on effect to how we are made to feel about him, and by extension our club.  

Over the years, we're constantly slagged off for being 'mini-huns', and there isn't really an argument against that when you have our, again, most high profile player and sometimes captain choking to defend them at every opportunity. He positions himself with the The Rangers fans all the time, and his comment (I haven't heard it btw) about Dunndee United's decline being linked to them taking a stance on the Rangers is absolutely pathetic and plumbs new depths for him, imo. 

Let me make another potentially wild assertion (you have to let me, it's the Internet); his attitude permeates through our game, the boyhood hero s**te, the seemingly easy ride that the establishment clubs get from the hierarchy, the avoidance of wider discussion points about our game or other teams in favour on focusing on potentially secondary stories that are OF linked, the kow-towing to 'them' that our clubs' leaders partake in. What do these things result in? Apathy from paying punters. There will have been thousands of Scottish fitba fans over the years that have drifted from the game for exactly the type of attitude that is bedded-in thanks, in part, to what the likes of Boyd and others spew from their various pulpits on TV, radio or the mainstream tabloid press. They Are The People right enough. 

By comparison, take Scott McDonald for example. He's ex-celtic but he's hardly banging the drum just for them. When I hear Boyd speak about Killie, it seems it's a pain in the arse for him, and it's never really with any great insight or in passionate terms. 

I can and do forgive him on the park for losing a yard, or carrying a bit of extra weight or missing chances he would've gobbled up in the past. Honestly I can, and thats because of what he's done for us in the past. But, no I can't forgive him for his obvious The Rangers love and support. It's not right when we're direct competitors, and makes me question his professionalism. No amount of goals can buy him the licence to be a cheerleader for a team that we're competing against.   

9 minutes ago, fmcc said:

I'm going to get a bit snowflakey here, but what about what we, as Killie fans have to endure as a result of his The Rangers apologist attitude? Our most high profile player spends vastly more time talking about them than he does us. This has a knock on effect to how we are made to feel about him, and by extension our club.  

Over the years, we're constantly slagged off for being 'mini-huns', and there isn't really an argument against that when you have our, again, most high profile player and sometimes captain choking to defend them at every opportunity. He positions himself with the The Rangers fans all the time, and his comment (I haven't heard it btw) about Dunndee United's decline being linked to them taking a stance on the Rangers is absolutely pathetic and plumbs new depths for him, imo. 

Let me make another potentially wild assertion (you have to let me, it's the Internet); his attitude permeates through our game, the boyhood hero s**te, the seemingly easy ride that the establishment clubs get from the hierarchy, the avoidance of wider discussion points about our game or other teams in favour on focusing on potentially secondary stories that are OF linked, the kow-towing to 'them' that our clubs' leaders partake in. What do these things result in? Apathy from paying punters. There will have been thousands of Scottish fitba fans over the years that have drifted from the game for exactly the type of attitude that is bedded-in thanks, in part, to what the likes of Boyd and others spew from their various pulpits on TV, radio or the mainstream tabloid press. They Are The People right enough. 

By comparison, take Scott McDonald for example. He's ex-celtic but he's hardly banging the drum just for them. When I hear Boyd speak about Killie, it seems it's a pain in the arse for him, and it's never really with any great insight or in passionate terms. 

I can and do forgive him on the park for losing a yard, or carrying a bit of extra weight or missing chances he would've gobbled up in the past. Honestly I can, and thats because of what he's done for us in the past. But, no I can't forgive him for his obvious The Rangers love and support. It's not right when we're direct competitors, and makes me question his professionalism. No amount of goals can buy him the licence to be a cheerleader for a team that we're competing against.   

This post is fantastic.