Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer confirmed

Scouser2

Actually can’t believe a club of our size has pulled this off. I’m truly astounded and delighted in equal measure. For a while I’ve been saying the whole club needs a catalyst, a spark, someone or something to get fans back to the game and create some excitement. Hopefully Clarke can be the very thing. Huge experience and hopefully still lots of contacts to bring in some bigger, more athletic, tougher signings. Buzzing.....

2 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Actually can’t believe a club of our size has pulled this off. I’m truly astounded and delighted in equal measure. For a while I’ve been saying the whole club needs a catalyst, a spark, someone or something to get fans back to the game and create some excitement. Hopefully Clarke can be the very thing. Huge experience and hopefully still lots of contacts to bring in some bigger, more athletic, tougher signings. Buzzing.....

Can we create a pathway to get him onto the board and be there to develop his eventual successor or am I getting ahead of myself here? I was really optimistic when LM got the job and deflated when it didn’t work for him. Hopefully my optimism lasts longer this time.

He has spent the majority of his career at big clubs in England. He will hopefully create a new era with the experience he will bring. I would think he will have complete control of all things football. The biggest think for me is respect. He has bucket loads of it. I expect everyone who is associated with our club to unite and back him with the decisions he makes. I go on holiday tomorrow. What a fantastic start to it.

27 minutes ago, skygod said:

DMF6aebWkAA8Voh.jpg

"You want time off to do WHAT for Sky TV?"

I have an image of the doughnut scene from Full Metal Jacket playing out in my mind with Dyer as the Drill Seargent and Boyd as Private Pile and hes being forced to tan a 24 pack of Monster Munch whilst Adam Frizzel looks on raging as f**k!

Infact that would be a great one for Jim'll Paint It.

Edited by cammy_boy
Idea!

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Really chuffed with the appointment, on paper he has every attribute to make us a success again. I’m actually cheesing that we’ve shown a bit of ambition for once. Hopefully Clarke has made binning the pitch one of his key stipulations for taking the job. 

Is there a press conference at 3pm?  ....... :2:

I was in the hospital this morning when I seen the news. Amazing appointment! My step dad was laying on a hospital bed with a broken ankle and I turned to him and smiled and said to him, "I've got some news which will cheer you up, Killies signed Steve Clark as the new manager!" He looked more shocked with that than when he fell this morning lol. 

Best news for years! 

Cant wait until January see what players he brings in. The thought of his connections overwhelms my mind, haha. 

The Killie board have shown real ambition with this appointment time for all Killie supporters to get behind the Club, leave the past behind and support Stevie and Alex going forward and together keep our Club in the Premier League and progress over time. Priority is survival though this season because they are inheriting a very poor squad of players. Maybe that will be addressed at the next window. I would imagine it will. Welcome to Killie guy's