Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer confirmed

Scouser2

It really is a fantastic appointment at a level I never thought was remotely possible for us. Like most I  suspect, I was expecting the Board to rummage around in the re-cycle and re-use bargain bin of the Gus's, Jimmy Macs. 

Signing up SC is a statement of intent and ambition by the Board that should be matched by the fans, whether recently lapsed or the long term lost. 

It also shows, I think, that however much we have fallen over the last 15 years (League Cup win and some great results under Mixu and Kenny excepted) that the club has a history, stature and tradition that SC is aware of and wants to be part of. 

A genuinely exciting future beckons after years of, quite frankly, sh1te. 

Sportsound excerpts from press conference:

"Out of work manager, looking for job...received indication, by a roundabout means, that Killie were interested.....impressed by BB and JK - honest board, didn't 'bulls**t', stressed need for stability.....club ticked a lot of boxes for him....potential? Used to watch PC; should be a Top 6 club....attendances have dropped due to economics.....will need to put out an attractive winning team which might not be next week, next month or even next year......traditionally community club but disconnect with people for various reasons - up to him, board and players to put smile on peoples' faces.....fresh league and players - a challenge .... has always been long-term - could have stayed for ever at Chelsea but chose to leave for challenge.....artificial pitch? No immediate plan to replace, should be an advantage, will try to do that....contacts in England and Europe, need to persuade players to come.....hopes to be at RP for a long time to come."

Boyd had nothing much of interest to say.

Was quite passionate about individuals not investing and fans not returning as promised when MJ left.

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, piffer said:

That celebration after the playoff was embarrassing. The one thing I like is that the majority of our players looked uncomfortable in taking part with the banners. Watching Accies in last seasons playoffs was cringeworthy. They were proper celebrating it and plenty of the behind the scenes staff were on the park to take part.

I like the fact Clarke is aiming high. There isn’t much between the clubs outwith the Old Firm. In fact you could say outwith Celtic. Some have bigger budgets but anyone can take points off anyone. It’s the well drilled hard working teams who go to the top and then the extra quality kicks in. 

Loving Clarke's approach already - he will professionalise our club from top to bottom. Disagree re Accies though - they had every right to celebrate, they shouldn't be anywhere near the SPL and for League 1 infrastructure they punch way above their weight. Though their 800 or whatever it is fans don't see it that way for some reason, ridiculous the grief Canning gets.

1 minute ago, Mister Y said:

Thanks for the vids C4mmy31. The body language of the players when he was speaking to them in the dressing room just screamed out RESPECT!

Any chance we can get proper audio on the Behind the Scenes video instead of the bogging music?

I'm only forwarding them on mate from the official club tweets....  lol

Just now, skygod said:

I thought that was excellent.

Well done, the Media & Comms team!

Agree , it's been a huge improvement in recent times 

Alex Dyer was talked about in Clarke's interview but not seen in any of the photos or videos , take it the assistant manager is still to arrive and take up his post? 

Wonder if once they settle in will there be any other changes to the coaching staff 

2 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

. The body language of the players when he was speaking to them in the dressing room just screamed out RESPECT!

Absolutely agree. Players look like they are going to be sitting up and taking notice. I'm confident they will all up their levels of performance both in training and in matches. When Steve Clarke pulls you aside to give you some tips and pointers. . players must be thinking of the calibre of player he's done this with in his career. 

12 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Alex Dyer was talked about in Clarke's interview but not seen in any of the photos or videos , take it the assistant manager is still to arrive and take up his post? 

Wonder if once they settle in will there be any other changes to the coaching staff 

He had a part-time job while he was manager of Welling United and I assume he still has.

Maybe taking a little while to extricate himself from it.

I think they will leave the backroom staff until the end of the season and, assuming we're not relegated, we'll see some changes then.

Edited by skygod

4 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

Nae bother pal, I'm no very clued up on these things and how they work...thanks anyway!

There is a lot of stuff that gets fed out on twitter, I know everyone isn't on it, so I'm happy to stick it on here so nobody misses anything .......I will send a message to Scott McClymont thou and let him know your views, he always appreciates the feedback and always replies :D

Edited by C4mmy31

I watched the behind the screens vid again on a bigger screen rather than my phone. You get a far better impression of the respect people already have for him. When he’s doing introductions and meeting the young boys blowing up the balls you can see one of them looking at him and saying to himself “that’s f**king Steve Clarke”. He must be one of the most famous assistant managers and coaches of recent times in the UK and that’s before you get to his managerial record. 

His interview is very good. He makes a lot of statements that perhaps hadn’t crossed a lot of people’s minds. He’s obviously put a lot of thought into the assistant managers role and what qualities he needs to have as well. Yes he’s worked with him before but it’s certainly not an old pals act