Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer confirmed

Scouser2

14 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Agree , it's been a huge improvement in recent times 

Alex Dyer was talked about in Clarke's interview but not seen in any of the photos or videos , take it the assistant manager is still to arrive and take up his post? 

Wonder if once they settle in will there be any other changes to the coaching staff 

He must have arrived now.....

1 hour ago, baz said:

There was a plum in the first row of the presser who asked a lot of questions before calling the new boss "Steve McLaren", twice. Steve laughed and said "Is that the Standard up here?" to which Trust Chairman Jim T replied "Naw, that's the Standard over there" and pointed to Davie Wren.

It was funny at the time, maybe you had to be there! I'm not going to mention who called him "Paul". 9_9

To be fair, he does look a bit like his brother.....

First time in a long time I feel the club is being taken seriously instead of being papped on the back burner.

It might take time to get it right but as many have correctly identified, the players in the video clip seemed to hang on his every word and he brings an aura, presence and leadership which has been lacking.

The news just keeps getting better. I wondered why quite a few reports were referring to the "roundabout" way his interview came about and found out tonight that the club contacted Steve instead of the other way about after talking to the trust. Of course it goes without saying that the directors are fully responsible for making the deal happen and all credit to them for that, but knowing they consulted with fans surely augers well for when we get a fan director on the board?? The poll results must have given them some comfort that they were doing the right thing as well. I have been impressed with the way the board have handled the situation, and they've done a good job bringing in the STV guy as well, hopefully this is a sign of th eway things are going to be.

1 hour ago, TommyG said:

The news just keeps getting better. I wondered why quite a few reports were referring to the "roundabout" way his interview came about and found out tonight that the club contacted Steve instead of the other way about after talking to the trust. Of course it goes without saying that the directors are fully responsible for making the deal happen and all credit to them for that, but knowing they consulted with fans surely augers well for when we get a fan director on the board?? The poll results must have given them some comfort that they were doing the right thing as well. I have been impressed with the way the board have handled the situation, and they've done a good job bringing in the STV guy as well, hopefully this is a sign of th eway things are going to be.

I don’t think people realise this, but we have fans on the board already! The club is going in the right direction! 

34 minutes ago, The_new_gaffer said:

I don’t think people realise this, but we have fans on the board already! The club is going in the right direction! 

I hope your right pal but let's be honest, in all my years of being a Killie fan I'd never seen Billy or John at a match before they joined the board, or heard of them for that matter. Maybe some waste management adverts a few years back, I do know the new guy though! Do we need to make stuff up about them to make things sound better? I don't think so. Neither claimed to be life long fans, that was just paper talk, I'm happy with them the way they are without anyone sounding disingenuous about their Killie pedigree. Bottom line is they've managed to sign a manager that nearly every Killie fan agrees on, I couldn't care less where they came from, they are with us now and that;s all that matters. They seem to listen or read what is said and if they think its kosher they actually do something about it, that's what we've been missing for ages, investment rather than belt tightening. Big Baws Bowie is what I'll be calling him from here on in! ;o)

34 minutes ago, The_new_gaffer said:

Edited by 18yardhero

As 18 yard hero says I don't think the guys on the board are lifelong fans or that that is that important. It is more important that they have good business sense and part of that is keeping the fans inside. 

He was a good lawyer and a good accountant but good business sense is something MJ seemed to lack

Had a look on the Ayr forum for a giggle last night.

Here's a post about us from 2nd October......

"Part time football at Rugby Park, bring it on.

I thought like us with Roberts, getting rid of a highly unpopular figure in Michael Johnson was going to have the fans flooding back. Might have been in the SPL for 20 years, been in Europe and won two major trophies in that time but they have lost a much higher percentage of their support than we did, albeit from a much higher starting number.

Despite everything that has befallen us in recent years and our recent form we got over 1300 folks on Saturday to attend a game against East Fife in the third tier of Scottish football - despite a small away support - many expected sub 1000 crowds being the norm not that long ago. Much wrong with our club but when in the last 35+ years have we not been "underachieving""

Same poster 2 weeks later

"On paper Steve Clarke looks a good appointment for them, however big risk that it is a fur coat and no knickers appointment as he is used to managing in the English championship, English premiership and also as an assistant coaching established international players in the Champions League etc  - hasn’t coached in Scotland at any time, hasn’t played here in over 30 years so could be a big risk given the current remit is to get out the relegation mire and used to working with players with way more ability and with a  much bigger budget.

Parallels with us in 2015 - working on the assumption that McCall is the poundland Steve Clarke - brought in an experienced manager who has taken teams to cup semis, had a few promotions to the SPL and kept teams in the SPL - theoretically getting a better manager than our 2nd bottom of league 1 status deserved - ultimately all McCall has added to his cv is an unconvincing play off win and his first relegation.

If McCall resigned today and things went mad and we appointed Claudio Ranieri, we'd still have the same playing staff, broken windows in the stand, disillusioned support and a manager with no clue about Scottish football

Not sure why we are comparing ourselves to K*ll*e in 2017 - 50 years ago they played a European semi final and have been in Europe on several occasions since - we haven't even played in Europe. They've won trophies and we haven't - why when they are at for them a low ebb are we starting to benchmark ourselves against them and realising we are a disgrace - has pretty much always been thus, but just makes it all the sweeter when we beat them or they have a comedy result"

I liked this one too

"Stevie Clark appointment will make a massive difference to them, have to say I'm very jealous of them getting him, one of the best coaches in the game. All they need now is to get the s**thole of a park back to grass and they will developed into top six in my opinion.
Absolutely no doubt that moving to Astro pitch has taken them backwards, they don't even train there for goodness sake."

Just when they thought we were on a downward spiral!!!!!

WFANNW

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

"On paper Steve Clarke looks a good appointment for them, however big risk that it is a fur coat and no knickers appointment as he is used to managing in the English championship, English premiership and also as an assistant coaching established international players in the Champions League etc  - hasn’t coached in Scotland at any time, hasn’t played here in over 30 years so could be a big risk given the current remit is to get out the relegation mire and used to working with players with way more ability and with a  much bigger budget.

As SC himself said, the ball is still round and the pitch is still a rectangle.