Jags away fred

CB

Killie were streets ahead of Thistle today in every department. There was cohesion to the team today and they looked a unit. The energy shown by the midfield is exactly what is required every week. Much needed 3 points but won't get carried away yet as Thistle were absolutely rotten and plagued with injuries. Chuffed to bits for wee Frizz, his goal was outstanding.

38 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

Delighted for wee Frizz,a very talented player who we'll hopefully see the best of now if we can get the correct balance in the team round about him.

What a difference a more solid looking midfield made to him. Instead of chasing shadows he was allowed to do the things he’s good at. 

21 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

We were superb today. Taylor and Power were absolutely amazing in the midfield. Potential new pairing there because they really were excellent. 

Broadfoot had a decent game too. Better protection from the midfield made the difference imo. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

What a difference a more solid looking midfield made to him. Instead of chasing shadows he was allowed to do the things he’s good at. 

Broadfoot had a decent game too. Better protection from the midfield made the difference imo. 

He had a better game. Still a few hairy moments and I'd rather someone else but it was a good game. Nice attempt to start an argument though. 

12 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

He had a better game. Still a few hairy moments and I'd rather someone else but it was a good game. Nice attempt to start an argument though. 

I wasn’t trying to start an argument. Subsequent posts have also praised Broadfoot. I was just the first with the courage to do so. Too many people had already made their minds up about a number of things at the club and are quick to jump on anyone who doesn’t toe the party line. 

Sore hands from clapping! Due to the passion, determination and actual good football in second half that is the game I have enjoyed the most since Falkirk play off!

Thistle got a bit too much wide space today esp in first half but we're not incisive. They did have a few good crosses in second half and should have scored but at same time so should we. Jordan was majestic causing chaos for them ...just that final ball. Defence solid and midfield energy won every lost ball back and many they have been nowhere near in recent weeks.

Boyd was much better and did get the goal but do still feel the team would achieve more without him especially if we are switching to a high pressing game.

Man of match tough choice - Jones did so much going forward, Power did so much breaking up play and keeping possession

Fans were great, amazing the difference when the team give us something to get behind

Edited by IMO
Auto correct a pain

Just now, Zorro said:

I wasn’t trying to start an argument. Subsequent posts have also praised Broadfoot. I was just the first with the courage to do so. Too many people had already made their minds up about a number of things at the club and are quick to jump on anyone who doesn’t toe the party line. 

Your "I told you so" post on the pitch thread shows the type of person you are. 

Anyway, praise to Paul McDonald and Andy Millennfor taking a chance with that team today

Kilmarnock interim manager Paul McDonald: "Today wasn't about me. Today was about the players and the effort and commitment they showed on the pitch, so all credit to them. I'm quite happy now the game's out the way, the new manager's in place and I can go back to the shadows of the academy.

"Steve [Clarke] introduced himself to the squad this morning, gave them a pep talk and it certainly worked. When this club brings in such an ambitious manager as Stevie, it shows the direction we want to go.

"He'll have his own aspirations for the club and he'll take us forward using the experience of the levels he's played and managed at."

2 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Your "I told you so" post on the pitch thread shows the type of person you are. 

Anyway, praise to Paul McDonald and Andy Millennfor taking a chance with that team today

Your petted lip at Killie winning and some of our much maligned squad performing well, shows the type of person you are. Can’t you just give credit where it’s due?

Just now, Zorro said:

Your petted lip at Killie winning and some of our much maligned squad performing well, shows the type of person you are. Can’t you just give credit where it’s due?

Pretty sure that's what I did. 

Really enjoyed watching us today. I thought Findlay at LB made us pretty solid down that side and Taylor in midfield seemed to win everything. Some of the wee one-twos and link up play going forward was really impressive. 

Also enjoyed both our centre halves wee mazy runs at times, Greers in the second half was great. 

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

Pretty sure that's what I did. 

Really enjoyed watching us today. I thought Findlay at LB made us pretty solid down that side and Taylor in midfield seemed to win everything. Some of the wee one-twos and link up play going forward was really impressive. 

Also enjoyed both our centre halves wee mazy runs at times, Greers in the second half was great. 

I don’t see Findlay as the long term solution at LB but I agree he had a good game and Taylor’s energy made a big difference in midfield. The defence looked much better than it has in a while, but I maintain that’s due to better protection from the midfield and Power in particular. 

3 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I don’t see Findlay as the long term solution at LB but I agree he had a good game and Taylor’s energy made a big difference in midfield. The defence looked much better than it has in a while, but I maintain that’s due to better protection from the midfield and Power in particular. 

I agree he probably won't be a long term solution. He's not the most mobile but he did deal with with their wide players. There's no doubt that the protection from Power and Taylor helped the defence, still think the centre backs looked a wee bit nervy at times, especially with balls in the box. 

But overall it's hard to really make any complaints about that performance today. Everyone performed well. 

Thistle are absolutely rank though.