Jags away fred

CB

Really pleased today, can enjoy this evening and tomorrow for a change.  Not only is it 3 points, but hopefully a fresh start for a few players.  With Dicker and Kiltie due back, we've got a good chance.  

Glad things happened early, as I bet Clarke wouldn't have taken it after 20 games as too risky.  Now he has time to make his mark before January and he'll know what we need.

I think we can finish above Dundee, Thistle, County and Hamilton who are my tip to be bottom.  Perhaps they have no money to pay off Canning following the heist.

Delighted with that win and pissed off I didn’t go.

Its good to hear that the players delivered. We were questioning them in one way or another due to the early season results. We really needed that today and we got it.

Glad those at the game thought Broadfoot and Power played well. I hoped they’d be big players for us this season but until today both had been let downs. Hopefully now they and the others can kick on.

Was there an obvious organisation to the team and a change in attitude? 

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

We would win in the first game of the season I'm not at... Brilliant stuff. And hugely important given the games ahead 

Me too. Brilliant. Great to see frizz score a belter. The amount of crap said on here about him. Great wee player. Time for a change in attitude from everyone. Buzzing for the future.

Edited by MJout
Error

Brave selection by Paul McDonald. Have to admit I thought the same as most people who posted on 1st page of this thread. Broadfoot back in gave me the fear and Power came from nowhere. 

3 hours later though and what a boost that was. Power played really well in first half and gave platform for Taylor and frizzell to dominate midfield in the 2nd. 

Playing Jones off the front also worked well. His pace is fantastic and he terrorised them . Final ball still largely gash right enough !! 

Midfield protected back four well so none of 2 centre backs got isolated. 

And a word of praise for Stephen ODonnell . He was excellent. 

I'm not a big fan of Rorys footballing ability but today showed is value as a worker. 

Why LM and PL couldn't get a performance like that out of them I don't know. But that was a different team today. 

Let's kick on Stevie 

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

I agree he probably won't be a long term solution. He's not the most mobile but he did deal with with their wide players. There's no doubt that the protection from Power and Taylor helped the defence, still think the centre backs looked a wee bit nervy at times, especially with balls in the box. 

But overall it's hard to really make any complaints about that performance today. Everyone performed well. 

Thistle are absolutely rank though

Thistle fans now calling for Archie's head on both the "next manager to be sacked" & today's match threads on P&B.... 

1 minute ago, malcr0 said:

There’s only one Paul McDonald!

seem to remember him being interim manager once before a few years ago and being undefeated then. He and Andy Millen fought for every ball on the touchline. 

I'd assume both Paul & Andy have done themselves no harm in convincing SC, if he had any doubts, that they should be part of his backroom team. The passion & commitment to the Killie cause was plain to see today..... Well done guys.

What a superb performance!

Like others I thought WTF when I saw Broadfoot and Power on the team sheet. What do I know?

The back four, or was it three, were solid all afternoon and the height across the line made us solid and fully protected Jamie. Did he have a save?

In midfield Alan Power and Greg Taylor were immense and with Rory putting in a real shift allowed Friz and JJ to put pressure on the Thistle defence.

I've been saying all season that Boydie will score if we create chances for him. Okay, he may have had more than one but I'm not complaining.

Best moment of the match has to be wee Adam's screamer. Got to be goal of the day, if not the season.

Steve Clark must feel tonight that things are not as bad as he may have feared. He has a lot of work to do but the future looks bright.

I said yesterday that I expected 7 points from the next five games. Was I being pessimistic?

I think one thing Clarke will do is set standards.

Some (most?) of these guys must be thinking, "What a great opportunity to play for Steve Clarke, to learn from him and improve under him."

But they will have to meet his standards and I hope that they will be high; not as high as they were at Chelsea and Liverpool, obviously, but he needs to challenge the players to train, eat, rest and prepare themselves like pro athletes should. If they do, they will have a chance.

And maybe some who were rumoured to be planning to leave will reconsider.

Edited by skygod

Great performance and a solid defence definitely allowed the flair players to play a bit.

O'Donnell, Power and Greer were solid but it was the trio of Taylor, Frizzell and Jones that scared the life out of the Partick right back. I don't know if it was on purpose but by having so many left sided players we were doubling up on their right back time and time again. Frizzell and Jones could be out there tonight and he'd still not get near them.

Got to say I thought Boyd gave his all. He's not the most mobile and moans all day long but he scored with a composed finish and lead the line well. He needs replacing and Erwin might prove his worth but Boyd played well today.