Vote Frizzy

Andy

Maybe we could go a step further & give him our backing as one of the best 19 year old footballers in Scotland. To me he's never hidden this season even tho he's more often than not been asked to do the work of a more experienced player. Some of the stick he's taken on here in recent weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful,his own mother had to get involved in putting down a female heckler in the Frank Beattie during the 1st half of the Ross County match. Hopefully today's events on & off the pitch will bring us all closer together.

9 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

Maybe we could go a step further & give him our backing as one of the best 19 year old footballers in Scotland. To me he's never hidden this season even tho he's more often than not been asked to do the work of a more experienced player.

He didn't have much of a close season break either.

Kilmarnock goal hero Adam Frizzell is hoping that some of Jose Mourinho’s magic can rub off on the Rugby Park side after the appointment of former Chelsea assistant Steve Clarke as boss.

Frizzell, who rifled in a peach of a goal to claim Kilmarnock’s second in a vital 2-0 win over Partick Thistle on Saturday, is excited at the prospect of working under his new gaffer.

And he says that is a real feather in the cap of the club to have attracted a manager of such calibre.

“It is a real coup,” Frizzell said. “The new boss has worked under guys like Jose Mourinho down in England. I hope Mourinho will make an appearance at Kilmarnock at some point. But it will be a great learning experience.

‘We’ve heard a lot about the new boss and I am looking forward to getting to know him and learning from him and hopefully kicking up the table.

‘We knew we were not far away. We just needed to work a bit harder and it would turn. The new gaffer being here today gave us an incentive to win the game and kick start our season.

“Hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter under the gaffer.

“He was watching from the stands on Saturday and that gave the boys a lift. I think the difference was we put our foot on the ball a bit more and played a bit more football than we had been doing. We are happy with the win.

“The new boss came in before the game to wish us well. We all felt we had a point to prove and we did that”.

Frizzell’s goal that killed the game as a contest was a sight to behold, picking up the ball 25 yards from goal and firing a shot that crashed into the top of Tomas Cerny’s net via the crossbar.

“It’s my best-ever goal,” he said. “Though, I’ve only scored twice! The first was against Motherwell last season but hopefully there are plenty more to come from me. I’ve not hit a ball as good as that in a while.”

19-year-old Frizzell is hoping that the best is yet to come from both himself and his team.

The midfielder has listened to all the talk of genetics in the past week with interest after being let go by Rangers as a kid for being too small, but he thinks that hard work is the key to overcoming the odds.

“I was deflated when I got let go by Rangers for being too small,” he said. “I thought it was the end of the world. Ever since I could walk it was football, football, football. I was always wanting to get back into the game.

‘You need to level it up by making your core stronger and making it a level playing field."

(Evening Times)

Kilmarnock star Adam Frizzell has revealed he was following advice of former boss Lee McCulloch after his stunning long-range strike against Partick Thistle

The Rugby Park winger says the ex-Rangers star used to tell him to shoot at goal more often

It’s a pity then that axed national boss Strach wasn’t at Firhill in Saturday as Killie’s pocket rocket Adam Frizzell walked tall to clinch a vital win.

Strachan’s latest bizarre excuse about the genetic make-up of Scotland’s stars was shown up to be nonsense by Frizzell, all 5ft 5ins of him.

Winger Frizzell’s stunning long-range strike added to Kris Boyd’s opener, and piled the pressure on rock bottom Thistle.

Frizzell’s throwback style means he wouldn’t look out of place alongside Scotland’s most famous international side, the wee men of the Wembley Wizards nearly nine decades ago.

Frizzell said: “It is tough when you are playing against big opposition, but I don’t think it comes down to height.

“Scotland has the players and the ability, we maybe need to step it up in terms of physicality.

“As players we know you need to make your core stronger, and turn the game into a level playing field.

“You have to try to boost your own game even if the opposition have a height advantage.

“You don’t worry about being too small, just concentrate on your ability.”

Frizzell, 19, knows better than most the price of being judged too small, it cost him a place with Rangers when he was discarded because of his height.

Frizzell added: “I was deflated when Rangers let me go, I thought it was the end of the world.

“But I always wanted to get back in the game. Ever since I could walk it was always football, football, football. My parents helped pick me up when Rangers let me go when I was 15, and I got a trial at Killie.

“It couldn’t have worked out better for me and my confidence is back now. If I hadn’t come to Killie I wouldn’t have the first-team experience I’ve now got.

“It’s much better at the so-called smaller clubs because you get the chance to prove yourself.

“If I’d stayed at Rangers, maybe I wouldn’t have got the call-up to Scotland Under-21s. So coming to Rugby Park was the best decision I’ve made.”

Frizzell’s sublime 63rd minute strike was his first this season, and only the second of his time at Rugby Park.

And the youngster revealed he was following the advice of former gaffer Lee McCulloch at Firhill.

Frizzell said: “The gaffer used to tell me to have a hit more often so I had a go today.

“I haven’t hit a ball as good as that in a while, hopefully there’s more to come.”

The Kilmarnock squad were playing for their futures in front of new boss Clarke, who ran the rule over his charges from the Firhill stand.

Clarke delivered a pre-match pep men to his men, but left the business in the technical area to youth supremos Paul McDonald and Andy Millen.

However, Clarke must have been happy with what he saw, just as Frizzell is pleased with the appointment.

Frizzell added: “It’s a real coup for the club. We only found out on the morning of the game, we’d heard all the talk, but until it’s set in stone you don’t know.”

Clarke was once No 2 to Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and Frizzell grinned at the prospect of the Manchester United gaffer pitching up at Rugby Park.

Frizzell said: “I hope Mourinho makes an appearance at some point!

“I’m looking forward to working with Steve Clarke and hopefully moving up the table.

“We know we’re not far away. The difference was we played a bit more football today than we have been doing.

“We all felt we had a point to prove and hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter under the gaffer.”

Veteran goal machine Boyd provided the spark for Killie with the first goal after a blunder in the Jags defence, and the spectacular effort from Frizzell clinched the points.

Killie are now off the bottom, and only a point behind Hamilton and Ross County above them.

They certainly gave their 929 travelling fans something to cheer about, and plunged the Firhill faithful into a deep gloom.

(The Sun)

Edited by C4mmy31

• 3 weeks later...