Cut Price Season Tickets?

Mister Y

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I would imagine they would do one at Christmas but as a season ticket holder I'd have no problem with them introducing one now and reduce it accordingly based on the number of games missed.

That's what they did when I bought my first one. We beat celtic at RP in october 98. The following week I went in to get a season ticket (because, I don't want to miss any home games. It's going to be a season to remember), and the lady serving in the office, picked up one of the fixture list cards and counted the games, and reduced the price accordingly.

Sure, that's 19 years ago, but, you'd imagine common sense would tell you to do the same now.

I'd be in favour of them doing a flash sale. Have a new manager window type idea where you can get your ST for x figure between now and the next home game. It's not until Halloween so there's a real possibility of selling a few after the Steve Clarke appointment.

Edited by Fletch

Something along the lines of-

East stand season tickets £200 BOGOF

kids £30 BOGOF

allow family tickets to be used for old firm games.

reduce prices to £10/£1 for walk ups home and away for the rest of this season.(exc old firm) although home fans could be given vouchers the weeks previous to give money off the next OF fixture.

that would get our games back to being an event again instead of the soulless place it had become.

bound to get a few moans from existing ST holders but you can't keep everyone happy all the time.

1 hour ago, gmullin88 said:

The club should give out a season ticket to every kid in the Kilmarnock schools, and they can only attend if they are with a paying adult. 

And if they all turn up the stadium will be too small, always knew we should have been more ambitious and went for a bigger one! 

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

58 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

And if they all turn up the stadium will be too small, always new we should have been more ambitious and went for a bigger one! 

Realistically if you get 50 more paying adults at each game then it's worth it. Only chance of the stadium being too wee is if Elton or Rod are due a concert.

As a season ticket holder I have zero problem with the club reducing prices at the gate to get more folk in. A bigger crowd would help the team and improve our match day experience (as long as they don't sit on our seats!). I'm sure our newly discovered best board in Scotland - well done again Billy - could look at ways of compensating exising ST holders with some money off next season - after all the dirge we have sat through the last few years it's not as if we'll not be renewing.

Good to see so many existing season ticket holders having an open mind about discounted remaining season tickets being offered. We need numbers thorough the turnstyles.  The school kids offer is also interesting. Hopefully the marketing people will get to work on a practical programme. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

We should be pushing the Hibs game as much as we possibly can.

Make it a tenner, get folk in and hype it up to fcuk.

It's a pity that season tickets aren't the book style any more. This would be the perfect game for a 'bring a mate for a fiver' type deal.

That pre-christmas 98 game against dundee united was heaving with st holders mates.

I’d buy a season ticket no bother after this appointment, I have to admit I swithered at the start of the season but excused myself with young family etc....but after paying for 3 or 4 games anyway this season and watching dross I’d happily get one to see the squad develop under Clarke. I think there would be quite a few in my boat.

They should absolutely be punting the Hibs game big time and get a decent price out there – Tuesday night after all (and Hallowe’en for everyone outside Killie)

The issue about offering heavily discounted tickets for the rest of the season is problematic. The board have just made a bold and ambitious step in bringing in an exciting coach with a tremendous pedigree. This will have come at a price – not just his salary, but to satisfy his ongoing plans for the club. Half-season and/or pro-rata season tickets would be an excellent move.

I do not think the club will go for their usual  ‘build it and they will come’ approach but they will, rightly, be looking for fans and sponsors to re-engage with the club at what is definitely an exciting time. They need a return on this leap of faith. Many people said they would be back when MJ had gone, but that didn’t really materialise. This could well be the Tommy Burns moment we have craved for some time now. However – they must also have a realisation that this alone will not turn the club around – there is still much work to be done on and off the pitch.

Great starting point though – well done Kilmarnock FC !

I'd imagine like many ST holders on here I'm no doin' it for the money.

I would have no problem with any promotion the club can push to put bums on seats.

Killie seats that is obviously, I do take exception to MJ unilaterally selling cut price seats to our rivals. A quid pro quo arrangement would be fine by me though  

Edited by gdevoy