Hearts away

Squirrelhumper

3 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Play it at Berwick Rangers!! We once had to play Berwick at Tynecastle. Even things out really. 

I think this was the worst Killie performance of all time, it was 3-0 up until the 85 minute, then we got two late goals and I think we even came close. 

I also remember a Hearts steward tried to confiscate someone's flag so we all started singing Who won the ScottishLeague in 1965?

I was up there a week and a bit ago.  You could see internally from the street outside, the new stand was nowhere near fitted out.  

From discussion on this subject previously, I think Scotlands Autumn Internationals start in November - hence them asking for postponement rather than a switch to Murrayfield - which won't be available.

Easter Roads probably an option of last resort.

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

How long do the SRU need ?  ROI played Moldova on Friday 6th October at the Aviva, Leinster played Munster at the Aviva the next day. Two different sports and pitch markings within 24 hours.

It's their stadium...they can take as long as they like. They have to take special care of the South stand end where some chunky bloke rattled in a couple of tries....

Just now, Wrangodog said:

Hearts need to sort this out, if it isn't ready in time it  will be embarrassing for the club and Ann Budge, who has already had to apologise for the earlier delay.

Thats why Jambos will want postponement.  Only other option is a grovelling phone call to Rod Petrie.  Who'll then charge top dollar for Easter Road, as is the only option if both Tynecastle and Murrayfield are out of action.

Are huge cost overruns already at new Tynecastle stand - hiring Easter Road will not have been budgeted for.

My guess is Hibs will gladly take the extra cash!

5 minutes ago, RAG said:

Thats why Jambos will want postponement.  Only other option is a grovelling phone call to Rod Petrie.  Who'll then charge top dollar for Easter Road, as is the only option if both Tynecastle and Murrayfield are out of action.

Are huge cost overruns already at new Tynecastle stand - hiring Easter Road will not have been budgeted for.

My guess is Hibs will gladly take the extra cash!

Having 14k huns won't be budgeted for either. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Having 14k huns won't be budgeted for either. 

I think with tight site and time frame, they were always going to play at Murrayfield (although never originally admitted), chances are you'd get either Rangers or Celtic in that period.

The new stand is well over budget and now slipping behind schedule - even 140k huns at Murrayfield wouldn't put it back on track!

Just now, Wrangodog said:

As well as iankerr18 and other Killie fans who have arranged to go to this game plenty of Jambo fans will have made arrangements to attend what was meant to be the first game for the new stand.

It's already delayed - thats building work for you.

Easter Road most likely as the Hibees wont be playing at home that day.

Budge, who confirmed that the demolition of Hearts’ existing main stand will be completed by the end of next month, said: “In terms of current progress, the first thing to say is that we remain on schedule, for our first league game next season to be played at Tynecastle, in front of the new stand, on 9 September. “As I have said repeatedly, every day brings its own challenges on a project of this size and complexity and, not entirely unexpectedly, we have been faced with a number of changes that have resulted in some budget overruns.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/cost-of-new-stand-at-tynecastle-is-running-over-budget-1-4467985

31 minutes ago, RAG said:

I think with tight site and time frame, they were always going to play at Murrayfield (although never originally admitted), chances are you'd get either Rangers or Celtic in that period.

The new stand is well over budget and now slipping behind schedule - even 140k huns at Murrayfield wouldn't put it back on track!

The 30k+ crowd helps them financially though.

Travelling up from England for this will be furious if it’s postponed. Hearts should be collared for this if they are unable to fulfill the fixture. 

We have already been more than accommodating switching the earlier fixture and letting them move this to the Sunday. This time we should tell them to jog on and let them find an alternative venue.

Imagine the SPFL won’t exactly be overly enamoured. 

13 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

BBC Sport Scotland are making a right cock-up of this article. Front headline says against Thistle, then first paragraph says Kilmarnock, then they quote Levein as saying against Thistle. xD

3rd time lucky, I think Brian McLauchlin has nailed it this time :D lol.

In the BBC article, Levine says the plan is to play at Tynecastle (vs Killie), the work does not need to be fully complete (try telling that to the HSE) and that "contingency plans" are in place.

With a building project like this in Scotland the completion data has to be weather dependent. Two weeks of 100 mph winds and it aint gonna be finished in time.

Also, in the absence of bungs / backhanders which I would not recommend you are very much in the hands of the HSE inspectors. If they say it is not safe to use, it is not safe to use.

So still a few balls in the air here.

Just now, gdevoy said:

In the BBC article, Levine says the plan is to play at Tynecastle (vs Killie), the work does not need to be fully complete (try telling that to the HSE) and that "contingency plans" are in place.

With a building project like this in Scotland the completion data has to be weather dependent. Two weeks of 100 mph winds and it aint gonna be finished in time.

Also, in the absence of bungs / backhanders which I would not recommend you are very much in the hands of the HSE inspectors. If they say it is not safe to use, it is not safe to use.

So still a few balls in the air here.

Have Scotland had 2 weeks of 100mph winds in its history?

That's Edinburgh for you. Let's take the trams as a random example:

"Construction began in June 2008, and after encountering delays it opened on 31 May 2014. The scheme had an initial estimated cost of £375 million in 2003, but by May 2008, when contracts were signed, the cost had risen to £521 million. The final cost after delays was £776 million."