Hearts away

Squirrelhumper

Kilmarnock FC can confirm that in accordance with Hearts' contingency plan, our fixture against the capital club on Sunday, November 5 will take place at Murrayfield Stadium.

Kick off remains at 3pm. Further ticketing arrangements will be confirmed over the next few days.

Hearts owner Ann Budge has thanked Kilmarnock FC for our co-operation in agreeing to the change in venue.

Great news this for us killie fans ,a wee change and something to look forward too mind you i can smell utter moaning dicks as usual coming on --------- oh I work on a Monday oh how much is a ticket oh football should be played on a football field the usual bollox from most of you on here ---- anyway murrayfield here we come 

1 hour ago, AndyKTID said:

I will certainly be at this, any idea of the ticket allocations the away teams have been given when playing hearts at Murrayfield this season? And also where the “away” section is in the stands?

Huns got 14k. Aberdeen took 7k. Not sure about St Johnstone. 

Stand to left of main stand. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Huns got 14k. Aberdeen took 7k. Not sure about St Johnstone. 

Stand to left of main stand. 

North stand then I think!

Is Corstorphine Road End, Number 900 Glasgow to Edinburgh Bus drops (and picks you up) right outside.

Tram station at opposite Gorgie End/South Stand takes you in toward town and Haymaket/Waverley on an 8 min interval service.

The Roseburn Bar at that North end of the ground, is a fantastic traditional boozer too.

Edited by RAG

The 900 bus from Buchanan St drops off at the Ice Rink/Murrayfield which leads directly into the North Stand of Murrayfield, I use this service when I go to the Scotland Rugby home games...free for old yins with a bus pass..just over an hour on the bus..there is a bus stop for the return journey after the game also and the 900 service stops there ..The Bothy opposite the road down to Murrayfield is normally packed when the Rugby is on..

Edited by kilm53

3 minutes ago, plunkit said:

Murrayfield Hotel sell Killie Pies on international days.

There's a Killie fan works in there and he was on the Killie FC 1869 Facebook group saying for supporters clubs/buses to get in touch if they wanted to head there for pre match refreshments and mentioned that it was Killie Pies that the other away fans have been getting fed.

Edited by Merk

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Rumour that they are not going to make the 5th in terms of new stand being ready and they are going to ask us for postpone rather than play at Murrayfield.

I'd tell them to GTF.

A lot of work still to do....

IMG_8694.JPG

I thought they'd bagged Ian Cathro?

35 minutes ago, red_dug said:

I saw Murrayfield marked out with a football pitch for the first time on sportscene at the weekend...........is it really that much bigger or have they just made it the same small dimensions as tyncastle?? 

Huge areas behing the goals.

Looking forward to a wee change of venue.

I believe when you include the in-goal areas the pitch is over 130m long as opposed to a football pitch of approx 100m.

From goal line to goal line Murrayfield is 100m but has maximum in-goal areas of 22m each end. The pitch is normally 70m wide. Hearts mark it out to be the same width as Tynecastle but a bit longer.

With no use of the in-goal area, it will seem a good 25 metres from the front row of the North and South stands to the goals - sit higher up !

On 24/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, Merk said:

There's a Killie fan works in there and he was on the Killie FC 1869 Facebook group saying for supporters clubs/buses to get in touch if they wanted to head there for pre match refreshments and mentioned that it was Killie Pies that the other away fans have been getting fed.

Our pre match will as usual be in the pubic triangle