Some buzz around the place

Neilly

27 minutes ago, Neilly said:

There is some buzz around Kilmarnock I have never felt this before with a new manager the appointment of Steve Clarke has made me so happy and I can’t wait to see what he does here is to a good season ahead come on the killie

Are you too young to remember the day Tommy Burns signed for Killie mate?

IMO, Today feels as huge, if your one of the youngsters who wasn't born then or not old enough to remember, now you'll understand what it felt like from the stories you've probably heard 1,000 times lol #ktid.

As I said in the season ticket thread, the positivity coming out the club has reignited my hopes for the season. I will get some sort of season ticket when I can either half season or some kinda pro rata if possible.

there hasn’t been a buzz like this for years and I think listening to Clarke’s interview a lot of people will be even further enthused, hopefully this could be the kick the club needs to get better on the pitch and return a real community club to the fans.

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

As I said in the season ticket thread, the positivity coming out the club has reignited my hopes for the season. I will get some sort of season ticket when I can either half season or some kinda pro rata if possible.

there hasn’t been a buzz like this for years and I think listening to Clarke’s interview a lot of people will be even further enthused, hopefully this could be the kick the club needs to get better on the pitch and return a real community club to the fans.

Here here I think it will be a real turning point for the club 

The buzz of the last week or so has been superb. I remember Burns and this is close to replicating that. In recent years what’s been the biggest buzz? Most I can think of are players Shiels signing, Boyd’s first return, Eremenko returning but all those were met with doubters as well. This appointment appears to have everyone onside and there seems to be an excitement within Scottish football as well

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

The buzz of the last week or so has been superb. I remember Burns and this is close to replicating that. In recent years what’s been the biggest buzz? Most I can think of are players Shiels signing, Boyd’s first return, Eremenko returning but all those were met with doubters as well. This appointment appears to have everyone onside and there seems to be an excitement within Scottish football as well

Anything that gets Thompson and Stewart to stop talking about killies pitch and acknowledge something good must be a massive coup for the club!

I think the Fleeting consortium winning the takeover battle, with the prospect of US investment and Jim Moffat coming on board, was the biggest buzz I can recall since the  1960s. That and the 1997 cup win.

Burns was a big name signing but I thought he was a bit past it and wouldn't be that influential. I was wrong , of course, but for that reason I wasn't all that excited by his signing (as my memory serves me).

11 minutes ago, piffer said:

There is even a Hibees fan on P&B, who has ruffled a few others feathers by posting "Killie are one of the top 6 clubs in Scotland", and no he's being serious before anyone asks........

I think we went full time again around the time Tommy signed for us. Bobby Fleeting was taking over and everything felt +ve again.

I can remember from before that when there was something wrong if we did not finish high enough up the league to get a European spot then the depression of going part time and slipping into oblivion. The last couple of managerial appointments and installing the plastic have brought it all back to me.

But with Steve Clarke taking the job I feel we are starting to show some ambition again. It feels good.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

There is even a Hibees fan on P&B, who has ruffled a few others feathers by posting "Killie are one of the top 6 clubs in Scotland", and no he's being serious before anyone asks........

Well it's true!

The Giant is no longer sleeping!

Edited by Mister Y

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I formed the impression, listening to Steve Clarke earlier today, that he believes KFC ARE a to six club.

In this life "belief" is the biggest bit of the battle, oh aye that and being competent enough to make it happen but I think SC has that covered.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I think the Fleeting consortium winning the takeover battle, with the prospect of US investment and Jim Moffat coming on board, was the biggest buzz I can recall since the  1960s. That and the 1997 cup win.

Burns was a big name signing but I thought he was a bit past it and wouldn't be that influential. I was wrong , of course, but for that reason I wasn't all that excited by his signing (as my memory serves me).

And there I was thinking you would have compared the buzz to the day Willie Waddell signed!:P

34 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I formed the impression, listening to Steve Clarke earlier today, that he believes KFC ARE a to six club.

In this life "belief" is the biggest bit of the battle, oh aye that and being competent enough to make it happen but I think SC has that covered.

Yep very much said if all you aim for its survival your standards slip 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

I remember the excitement being more about the Fleeting takeover than about the Burns signing. Jim Fleeting had also done a fantastic job already by engaging the community so there was already a feel good factor in place. 

4 hours ago, theauldyin said:

Got the two guys a thought might come back going to the Hibs game, was not hard they said they were going anyway and they were long time season ticket holders, Who had drifted away

If everyone try's to get a least one to go the Hibs game it would make some difference

I can't go as I'm in Australia but would be happy to show my support for what the club are doing by paying for a ticket for someone who can't afford to go. Is there any way of arranging this through the club?

8 hours ago, cedricdragon said:

Get some hospitality deals in place and propose a standing  section in East stand. Free admission for kids as well. Knock 20 quid of existing kids tickets for next season

I've said it before on here but I feel Killie would benefit greatly from what Bradford have done down here the last few seasons.

May-mid July seasys are £149/£49 this season for an adult/child (£199/£59 in previous seasons) then after that period go to the normal price of £299/£99. I would put my last pound on the club not losing money through this initiative as yes, they would lose half their current income, but they would at least double pre season ticket sales. Heck, even I would buy 2 (one for me; one for the auld man) even though I 'd only make 5/6 games a season.

For the last 3 seasons now Bradford have had adult season tickets <£200 and have had average crowds of 18k a game. I'm not saying Killie would pack out RP but bahgahd if seasys were £149/49 we would need to open the Moffat stand again(imo).

Steve Clarke signing on as gaffer is great for the club and I've not been this excited since the King Kenny days (was born during the TB era) but fitbaw without fans is nothing and it now surely has to be time to make football affordable for Killie fans and get RP less morguish and more rocking.

Just a thought... no better time to start than maybe a £150 season ticket offer for our 150th anniversary next season, even if it is just a trial at least?

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

KFCSA kindly organised that when I wanted to pay for some people to go to the Falkirk play-off. 

That was an all-ticket game though which was a bit different. 

Maybe ask the club to give a comp to someone they think is deserving? 

You can buy tickets for non ticket games I'm sure, just need to ask and they print off.