Some buzz around the place

Neilly

9 hours ago, skygod said:

There was no league competition when QP were in their pomp so it's a tad unfair to penalise them on account of having no league championships.

I seem to remember from Go Fame that QP and Killie held out against the new league as it was a representation of all that is bad in professionalism. We held out for a few more years but finally gave in, but QP stuck to their guns and are still amateur today. Not sure when they eventually agreed to join the league though...

2 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

I seem to remember from Go Fame that QP and Killie held out against the new league as it was a representation of all that is bad in professionalism. We held out for a few more years but finally gave in, but QP stuck to their guns and are still amateur today. Not sure when they eventually agreed to join the league though...

Go Fame. I bet only a few of a certain vintage know what the hell your'e talking about :) 

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

It sure is.

1 hour ago, Killie alan said:

I’ve got one as well. Just seen interview with Alex Dyer looks a good bloke plenty of experience too. Welcome to rugby park. Really buzzing not had this feeling since we signed the late great Tommy burns. Let’s all now get behind the team .:hurrah:

Would like to get one if any out there to buy

5 hours ago, Rusty Oz said:

Getting a lot of respect from other fans from this appointment, too young for Tommys era but this is absolutely huge! 

Best mates a Hibee who gives me stick all the time so glad to get him in before we play them 

:hurrah:

It's certainly the most excited I've seen the support since Burns was the manager.

If we as a support can get 50% of the momentum we had with TB then we'll be in a good place.

I know it's different times, with different circumstances but the support under TB was a special time.

I remember Pittodrie in our first away game back in the top flight. Must have had 1500+ up there and we basically sang Tommy Burns Blue n White army the full game. Lost 1-0 to a Paul Kane cracker but the togetherness of the support was immense.

23 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

A re-print, possibly updated by a respected football journalist, for 2019?

Are there any respected football journalists these days?

The Dave Ross history of the club published in 1994 was much more detailed and updated.

Go, Fame was quite superficial by comparison.

I'm still not selling mine, mind you!

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's certainly the most excited I've seen the support since Burns was the manager.

If we as a support can get 50% of the momentum we had with TB then we'll be in a good place.

I know it's different times, with different circumstances but the support under TB was a special time.

I remember Pittodrie in our first away game back in the top flight. Must have had 1500+ up there and we basically sang Tommy Burns Blue n White army the full game. Lost 1-0 to a Paul Kane cracker but the togetherness of the support was immense.

We should've had a penalty according to Ken McRobb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9vwbUQfrA