Peter Hartley

piffer

Trying to get an opponent wound up before a big game or taking it too far?

MOTHERWELL tough guy Peter Hartley has warned Rangers hitman Alfredo Morelos: I’m going Buffalo hunting at Hampden!

Well stopper Hartley insists he’s up for a semi-final showdown with Gers ace Morelos — nicknamed El Buffalo.

Peter Hartley

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW
Hartley insists he can’t wait for a battle with Gers hitman Morelos

Morelos has revealed he’s relishing the physical battles in the Premiership, claiming that he’s become stronger and more powerful since his £1 million summer move from HJK Helsinki.

Hartley, who KO’d Hamilton with a derby winner on Saturday, said: “If that’s one of his strengths, then we will see what happens. I don’t mind a physical fight — and if he wants one after the match as well, then I won’t be going anywhere!”

Morelos might fancy his chances in a tear-up, but after taking on a striker dubbed The Beast in a play-off final at Wembley, Hartley believes facing the Gers star will be a stroll in the park for him.

Hartley, 29, added: “Big Adebayo Akinfenwa played for Wimbledon that day at Wembley, and he’s twice as wide as me — an absolute tank.

Alfredo Morelos

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Morelos and Hartley will square up at Hampden in semi-final clash

“Akinfenwa scored for them, but I was off the pitch at the time getting treatment because he had landed right on top of me!

“I had to be stretchered off because I thought I’d broken my ribs.

“Akinfenwa’s about 20 stone and he came down right on top of me.

“The way he landed on me, my back just totally went into spasm. It wasn’t pleasant, that’s for sure.”