Safe Standing

Squirrelhumper

6 minutes ago, jmthmsn said:

As I've said before, if members vote for it, this could be the 2nd 'Trust in Killie' target after we reach the first milestone of getting a Supporter Director on the Board.

The Trust have already spoken to the rail seating company who installed it in the east end of Glasgow. 

Whilst others may see this as a waste of money, I'd say it would increase the atmosphere tenfold.

If we did it along the back of the stands like that it would be ideal.

Sadly I am reaching the point in life where a wee sit down is very attractive but I remember standing at games and, if you are able, I would say, as with most things in this life, it is much more fun standing.

I'd support the trust getting this in somewhere, it is no as if we are tight for space.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Might block folks views to either side though.

Celtic get away with it as it's on a curve.

Would need to be at far left or right of east. Bottom right would be a shout as that section is already out of use and is close to the away end. Our crowds are so low that i don't think it would be a massive problem for folk to move a bit to the left to get a full view of the pitch? Majority in FB already have to move to avoid the pillars

Edited by PrestersKtid

12 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

Would it be feasible to turn the whole Moffat stand into a "standing" stand? Always liked the looks of the "yellow wall" and the likes behind the goals. would be a lot better having McDonald/opposition keeper being met buy a rowdy bunch rather than 20ft adverts.

OF can get tae f**k with getting 2 stands

Aye, if you've got a spare £500,000 or so.

instead of back rows why not the front? leave 2 rows empty behind the last row of standing and people can see over you. IMO our biggest issue is how embarrassingly empty the front section of the East Stand is. Luckily, the cameras don't ever see it when we happen to be on TV.

Anyways, i am all for this, it's looks brill.

Edited by BlueKillie

6 hours ago, jmthmsn said:

As I've said before, if members vote for it, this could be the 2nd 'Trust in Killie' target after we reach the first milestone of getting a Supporter Director on the Board.

The Trust have already spoken to the rail seating company who installed it in the east end of Glasgow. 

Why make it 2nd after getting someone on the board, can the two not go together? Would imagine it would be easier getting the safe standing in place than someone on the board. Celtic have set the precedent so there are no legal issues to go through, should be quite simple to implement 

5 hours ago, KillieBantam said:

Would it be feasible to turn the whole Moffat stand into a "standing" stand? Always liked the looks of the "yellow wall" and the likes behind the goals. would be a lot better having McDonald/opposition keeper being met buy a rowdy bunch rather than 20ft adverts.

OF can get tae f**k with getting 2 stands

Shouldn't be a problem after all supporters of the twisted sisters have used both the moffat and Chadwick stands as standing areas anyway for many seasons!

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Sadly I am reaching the point in life where a wee sit down is very attractive but I remember standing at games and, if you are able, I would say, as with most things in this life, it is much more fun standing.

I'd support the trust getting this in somewhere, it is no as if we are tight for space.

Steady there, old bean......

Just now, Philo said:

Isn't the concept of safe standing that the height between the rows is sufficient that you can choose to stand or sit and your view not be impeded by those in the row in front ... unless we get a corner, like it is now with 'normal seating'?

Well aye.  You can see that difference in row "depth" in the original picture of the safe standing section.

To my eye, looks two steps per row of spectators and the whole seat is visible, whereas in traditional all seater stadium only the seat backs could be seen from pitchside.

1 minute ago, RAG said:

Well aye.  You can see that difference in row "depth" in the original picture of the safe standing section.

To my eye, looks two steps per row of spectators and the whole seat is visible, whereas in traditional all seater stadium only the seat backs could be seen from pitchside.

I'm not speaking from knowledge but seem to recall it as one of the selling points for reintroducing (safe) standing areas.

Just now, Philo said:

I'm not speaking from knowledge but seem to recall it as one of the selling points for reintroducing (safe) standing areas.

It looks different to an all seater stand of same size though - are less seats in same area - on first glance anyway!

Would seem to back your point up - probably why is so expensive to introduce as "modern" 4 box stadiums werent built to that spec in the 1990s.