streaming games for expats

jasper

I watch some Killie away games on the Paddy Power App. Granted, you don't see or hear the game but they tell you when one team is attacking and when it's a 'dangerous attack'. Those few seconds between 'shot at goal' and whether it's a goal or not are nerve shredding. It's far more exciting than Sportsound and quite often more exciting than an actual game.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:30 PM, Rusty Oz said:

Why give our money to hibs tv, hearts tv or thistle tv when we can give it to killie?

Also the partick game work great for me, no buffering at all 

we cannot stream from away games as far as i am aware. Can only sell home games. 

On 18/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, Allan said:

I miss the "Killie World" live games.... with Mike Manely & Co. Wondering if this could be resurrected?

KillieWorld operated in time when it was really hard/expensive/techinical to do live commentary online for expats. You could almost do the exact same thing with just a mobile phone these days. Surely something to be resurrected.

On 17/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, fraz65 said:

There would also presumably be a market from home supporters who would want to watch the full 90 minutes again, on the odd occasion that we produce a good home performance.

Perhaps a crowdfunding page would be the way to go.

It's been hard enough getting through the 90 minutes the first time around...never mind enduring it twice!

Let's hope that will change now we have a good manager at the helm.

On 18/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, Allan said:

I miss the "Killie World" live games.... with Mike Manely & Co. Wondering if this could be resurrected?

We were just ahead of the time with this. A much easierand cheaper service to provide these days. 

If done well would bring in maybe 10k or 20k a season from expats plus selling one off games at a fiver a pop wouldn't hurt. Probably another way to rake in cash from the twisted sisters.

13 hours ago, livvy said:

We were just ahead of the time with this. A much easierand cheaper service to provide these days. 

If done well would bring in maybe 10k or 20k a season from expats plus selling one off games at a fiver a pop wouldn't hurt. Probably another way to rake in cash from the twisted sisters.

The twisted sisters cover every game with their own service I think, I'm assuming the other clubs get a wedge for allowing it to happen.

If any exile is interested in seeing the Killie play in nationally televised games, drop me a PM

On 10/18/2017 at 5:20 PM, Allan said:

I live six months i Turkey and subscribed to Killie World - sadly the commentary was very poor (one time in a Geordie accent) and the fan around the commentary position made the commentator unhearable.

On 10/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, thesnowman21 said:

As mentioned on the other post I spoke to Scott McClymont on twitter about this and he said it was something they are looking into. I live in Florida and Fox Sports dropped the SPFL rights and the BBC have clamped down hard on VPN server farms so it can make it difficult to listen to Open all Mics and Sportscene. 

So aside from some dodgy internet streams I havent been able to watch much of killie.

I live six months in Turkey and six months in Edinburgh. I pay my TV licence in UK for 12 months. Surely the BBC could set up a system, in this day and age, that can select those who have paid a full TV licence and let them hear and view UK sports programmes.

1 hour ago, KennyH80 said:

Shame its only outside the UK. Im sure ill get a decent stream online if its on Rangers TV

easy to do, fire up a VPN and set it outside the UK. I did it for the Partick game and got a great stream. You can even get a free trial for a few paid VPNs just for tonight. I pay for Ip Vanish and that lets me find loads of great streams for Kodi

On 24/10/2017 at 12:31 PM, KIlliedaft1957 said:

I live six months in Turkey and six months in Edinburgh. I pay my TV licence in UK for 12 months. Surely the BBC could set up a system, in this day and age, that can select those who have paid a full TV licence and let them hear and view UK sports programmes.

You can do this yourself with a Slingbox. As long as you have a TV set in Edinburgh, you can watch whatever is on it from anywhere in the world with the Sling system. http://www.slingbox.com

2 minutes ago, Gallus said:

what about kodi, would that mibe have it? not on sky or bt though...

I thought about Kodi after Fox dropped the SPFL rights, but got told that Sky, BT and BBC have cracked down on streams that appear on Kodi. Im sure its still there, so if anyone else has tried it and experiences differently it would be good to know.